Announcing the First Release of StarlingX, an open source edge computing platform
You may have heard, StarlingX is a new independent, top-level, open source pilot project that's supported by the OpenStack Foundation. StarlingX joins other pilot projects hosted at OpenStack Foundation, including Airship, Kata Containers and Zuul.
Today the first release of StarlingX is here!
We invite you to participate in getting the word out that the release is ready and that we’re eager to welcome more contributors to this project.
Learn more about it:
• Read more about the project at starlingx.io
• Listen to a recording of the onboarding webinar
• On-boarding slide deck
• Overview document
Some things you can share:
• A blog on starlingx.io
• Social sharing: Announcements on Twitter
Want to get involved in the community?
• Mailing Lists
• Weekly Calls
• Freenode IRC: #starlingx channel
Ready to dive into the code?
• You can get download the first release at git.starlingx.io
• StarlingX Install Guide
• StarlingX Developer Guide
If you’re at the Berlin Summit November 13-15:
• StarlingX – Project update – 6 months in the life of a new Open Source project with Brent Rowsell & Dean Troyer
• StarlingX CI, from zero to Zuul with Hazzim Anaya & Elio Martinez
• Keynote spotlight on the main stage with Ian Jolliffe & Dean Troyer
• MVP (Minimum Viable Product) architecture for edge - Forum session
• "Ask Me Anything" about StarlingX - Forum session
• StarlingX Enhancements for Edge Networking presentation with Kailun Qin, Ruijing Guo & Dan Chen
• Project Onboarding session with Greg Waines
• Integrating IOT Device Management with the Edge Cloud - Forum session
• Containerized Applications' Requirements on Kubernetes Cluster at the Edge - Forum session
Check out the materials to learn about the project, try out the software and join the community! We hope to see many of you in Berlin!