Asking for suggestion of video conference tool for team and webinar

Asking for suggestion of video conference tool for team and webinar

Trinh Nguyen
Hi,

I tried several free tools for team meetings, vPTG, and webinars but there are always drawbacks ( because it's free, of course). For example:
  • Google Hangout: only allow a maximum of 10 people to do the video calls
  • Zoom: limits about 45m per meeting. So for a webinar or conference call takes more than 45m we have to splits into 2 sessions or so.
If anyone in the community can suggest some better video conferencing tools, that would be great. So we can organize better communication for our team and the community's webinars.

Many thanks,

--
Trinh Nguyen

Re: [openstack-community] Asking for suggestion of video conference tool for team and webinar

Hien Phan
Hello,

You can try Apache OpenMeetings, it's good enough!

Cheers,

Hien.

On Tue, Nov 6, 2018 at 8:36 PM Trinh Nguyen <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

I tried several free tools for team meetings, vPTG, and webinars but there are always drawbacks ( because it's free, of course). For example:
  • Google Hangout: only allow a maximum of 10 people to do the video calls
  • Zoom: limits about 45m per meeting. So for a webinar or conference call takes more than 45m we have to splits into 2 sessions or so.
If anyone in the community can suggest some better video conferencing tools, that would be great. So we can organize better communication for our team and the community's webinars.

Many thanks,

--
Trinh Nguyen

Re: Asking for suggestion of video conference tool for team and webinar

Tony Breeds
On Tue, Nov 06, 2018 at 06:07:18AM -0800, Julia Kreger wrote:
> I don't know how the cost structure works for Bluejeans, but I've found it
> works very well for calls with many people on video. I typically have calls
> with 14+ people nearly everyone has their video enabled without a problem.

Just for the record it has a limit of 100 connections[1] before you need to
use 'primetime'.

Yours Tony.

[1] It's kinda sad that I've hit that :(

Re: Asking for suggestion of video conference tool for team and webinar

Trinh Nguyen
Thanks everyone for the suggestions :)

I will try those.

On Wed, Nov 7, 2018 at 8:39 AM Tony Breeds <[hidden email]> wrote:
On Tue, Nov 06, 2018 at 06:07:18AM -0800, Julia Kreger wrote:
> I don't know how the cost structure works for Bluejeans, but I've found it
> works very well for calls with many people on video. I typically have calls
> with 14+ people nearly everyone has their video enabled without a problem.

Just for the record it has a limit of 100 connections[1] before you need to
use 'primetime'.

Yours Tony.

[1] It's kinda sad that I've hit that :(

Trinh Nguyen

Re: Asking for suggestion of video conference tool for team and webinar

Thierry Carrez
Trinh Nguyen wrote:

> I tried several free tools for team meetings, vPTG, and webinars but
> there are always drawbacks ( because it's free, of course). For example:
>
>   * Google Hangout: only allow a maximum of 10 people to do the video calls
>   * Zoom: limits about 45m per meeting. So for a webinar or conference
>     call takes more than 45m we have to splits into 2 sessions or so.
>
> If anyone in the community can suggest some better video conferencing
> tools, that would be great. So we can organize better communication for
> our team and the community's webinars.

Jitsi meet is an open source + free as in beer solution based on WebRTC:

https://meet.jit.si/

No account needed, no participant limit.

--
Thierry Carrez (ttx)

Re: [openstack-community] Asking for suggestion of video conference tool for team and webinar

Trinh Nguyen
Thank Thierry, Arun, and everybody for all the suggestions. My team will try these tools.

On Thu, Nov 8, 2018 at 3:23 AM Arun Kumar Khan <[hidden email]> wrote:

On Tue, Nov 6, 2018 at 5:36 AM Trinh Nguyen <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

I tried several free tools for team meetings, vPTG, and webinars but there are always drawbacks ( because it's free, of course). For example:
  • Google Hangout: only allow a maximum of 10 people to do the video calls
  • Zoom: limits about 45m per meeting. So for a webinar or conference call takes more than 45m we have to splits into 2 sessions or so.
If anyone in the community can suggest some better video conferencing tools, that would be great. So we can organize better communication for our team and the community's webinars.

All good suggestions.

A couple of other options:

1. https://hubl.in -- open source i.e. you can host your own or use the hosted version at https://hubl.in/
2. Wire.com -- open source with mobile apps.

Let us know which solution works out for you.

-- Arun Khan

--
Trinh Nguyen