Ceilometer visualization in Horizon

Previous Topic Next Topic
 
classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Ceilometer visualization in Horizon

Christian Berendt
Hello folks.

I started playing with Horizon and Ceilometer. I already added the
client to openstack_dashboard/api/ and added some pure data tables
(cpu/network/storage utilization) to the instance detail panel. Now I
want to have some nice graphs there, but at the moment I'm not sure
about the graphing library I should use.

I gave http://www.chartjs.org/ a try and it's working fine. But I'm not
sure about the license (MIT license). Is it possible to add Chart.js to
the horizon repository? Or are there any other suggestions?

Christian.

--
Christian Berendt
Cloud Computing Solution Architect
Mail: [hidden email]

B1 Systems GmbH
Osterfeldstraße 7 / 85088 Vohburg / http://www.b1-systems.de
GF: Ralph Dehner / Unternehmenssitz: Vohburg / AG: Ingolstadt,HRB 3537

_______________________________________________
OpenStack-dev mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.openstack.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/openstack-dev
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Ceilometer visualization in Horizon

Matthias Runge
On 09/07/13 09:22, Christian Berendt wrote:
> I gave http://www.chartjs.org/ a try and it's working fine. But I'm not
> sure about the license (MIT license). Is it possible to add Chart.js to
> the horizon repository? Or are there any other suggestions?
>

d3 is already included in horizon. At the last summit, we agreed to use
just a single graphing lib. This being said, I strongly suggest to try it.


Matthias

_______________________________________________
OpenStack-dev mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.openstack.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/openstack-dev
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Ceilometer visualization in Horizon

Christian Berendt
On 07/09/2013 09:32 AM, Matthias Runge wrote:
> d3 is already included in horizon. At the last summit, we agreed to use
> just a single graphing lib. This being said, I strongly suggest to try it.

Will have a look at d3.

--
Christian Berendt
Cloud Computing Solution Architect
Mail: [hidden email]

B1 Systems GmbH
Osterfeldstraße 7 / 85088 Vohburg / http://www.b1-systems.de
GF: Ralph Dehner / Unternehmenssitz: Vohburg / AG: Ingolstadt,HRB 3537

_______________________________________________
OpenStack-dev mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.openstack.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/openstack-dev
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Ceilometer visualization in Horizon

Gabriel Hurley
Brooklyn Chen, Julie Pichon and others have already been putting in a lot of effort in this area. I suggest you check out https://blueprints.launchpad.net/horizon/+spec/ceilometer and sync up with them if you're interested in proceeding.

    - Gabriel

> -----Original Message-----
> From: Christian Berendt [mailto:[hidden email]]
> Sent: Tuesday, July 09, 2013 1:29 AM
> To: [hidden email]
> Subject: Re: [openstack-dev] Ceilometer visualization in Horizon
>
> On 07/09/2013 09:32 AM, Matthias Runge wrote:
> > d3 is already included in horizon. At the last summit, we agreed to
> > use just a single graphing lib. This being said, I strongly suggest to try it.
>
> Will have a look at d3.
>
> --
> Christian Berendt
> Cloud Computing Solution Architect
> Mail: [hidden email]
>
> B1 Systems GmbH
> Osterfeldstraße 7 / 85088 Vohburg / http://www.b1-systems.de
> GF: Ralph Dehner / Unternehmenssitz: Vohburg / AG: Ingolstadt,HRB 3537
>
> _______________________________________________
> OpenStack-dev mailing list
> [hidden email]
> http://lists.openstack.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/openstack-dev

_______________________________________________
OpenStack-dev mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.openstack.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/openstack-dev