Daemons on instances vs security groups

Linux Datacenter
Hi,

I've ran into a security groups issue with my openstack installation.

Even though I've enabled ssh and ping to my instances, my ssh connection
hangs from outside of my openstack installation.
I have no problems reaching my instances from inside my openstack cluster.
Also I can ping them from everywhere.

To conduct further tests, I've also installed mysql server in my instance,
set it up and configured to accept connections on eth0.
I also enabled mysql with euca-authorize. The situation is the same. I can
connect to mysql from anywhere inside my cluster.

>From outside, the connection hangs right after I type the password.

Has anybody had such issues?

Cheers,
-Piotr