FLAG --start_guests_on_host_boot=true

Leandro Reox
HI all,

Cant find any reference about this flag on the openstack docs
--start_guests_on_host_boot=true,
is really available ? If so, even if i setted up on hthe compute nova.conf,
doesnt restart instances at node reboot Using Cactus by now Any clues ?
Regards
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...

FLAG --start_guests_on_host_boot=true

Anne Bertucio
Ah, doc bug reporting abounds today. :)

The flag is in /nova/virt/libvirt/connection.py, and it indicates "Whether
to restart guests when the host reboots." It was added prior to revno 989
(it's revno 912) so it should be available in Cactus.

I learned this by grepping the code for part of the flag text, then using
bzr annotate to find the revno for the addition of the flag. You can also
then use bzr log -r912.3.1 to get more info including the date when it was
committed, the person who did the commit, and read their comment.

Hope this helps,
Anne
*Anne Gentle*
anne at openstack.org
 my blog <http://justwriteclick.com/> | my
book<http://xmlpress.net/publications/conversation-community/>|
LinkedIn <http://www.linkedin.com/in/annegentle> |
Delicious<http://del.icio.us/annegentle>|
Twitter <http://twitter.com/annegentle>
On Fri, Jul 15, 2011 at 9:13 AM, Leandro Reox <leandro.reox at gmail.com>wrote:

> HI all,
>
> Cant find any reference about this flag on the openstack docs --start_guests_on_host_boot=true,
> is really available ? If so, even if i setted up on hthe compute nova.conf,
> doesnt restart instances at node reboot Using Cactus by now Any clues ?
> Regards

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...

[Openstack] FLAG --start_guests_on_host_boot=true

Vishvananda Ishaya
Hmm, this flag needs to be set when the instance is created, so it will only work for new instances.

I'm not sure if this flag was in cactus or not.

As a workaround, you can manually turn on autostart for the domains using virsh on the compute host
virsh autostart instance-00000001 (for example)

Vish

On Jul 15, 2011, at 7:13 AM, Leandro Reox wrote:

> HI all,
>
> Cant find any reference about this flag on the openstack docs --start_guests_on_host_boot=true, is really available ? If so, even if i setted up on hthe compute nova.conf,  doesnt restart instances at node reboot
>
> Using Cactus by now
>
> Any clues ?
>
> Regards _______________________________________________
> Post to     : openstack at lists.launchpad.net

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...

[Openstack] FLAG --start_guests_on_host_boot=true

Leandro Reox
Virsh,

I was trying with my already spawned instances, thats good to know ! Ill try
that in a few minutes

Best Regards

On Tue, Jul 19, 2011 at 8:08 PM, Vishvananda Ishaya
<vishvananda at gmail.com>wrote:

> Hmm, this flag needs to be set when the instance is created, so it will
> only work for new instances.
>
> I'm not sure if this flag was in cactus or not.
>
> As a workaround, you can manually turn on autostart for the domains using
> virsh on the compute host
> virsh autostart instance-00000001 (for example)
>
> Vish
>
> On Jul 15, 2011, at 7:13 AM, Leandro Reox wrote:
>
> HI all,
>
> Cant find any reference about this flag on the openstack docs --start_guests_on_host_boot=true,
> is really available ? If so, even if i setted up on hthe compute nova.conf,
> doesnt restart instances at node reboot Using Cactus by now Any clues ?
> Regards _______________________________________________
> Post to     : openstack at lists.launchpad.net

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...

[Openstack] FLAG --start_guests_on_host_boot=true

Leandro Reox
Vish,

I tried that out, and you were right, instances created after adding the
flag, autoreboots themselves like charm !

Best regards

On Wed, Jul 20, 2011 at 9:31 AM, Leandro Reox <leandro.reox at gmail.com>wrote:

> Virsh,
>
> I was trying with my already spawned instances, thats good to know ! Ill
> try that in a few minutes
>
> Best Regards
>

> On Tue, Jul 19, 2011 at 8:08 PM, Vishvananda Ishaya <vishvananda at gmail.com
> > wrote:
>
>> Hmm, this flag needs to be set when the instance is created, so it will
>> only work for new instances.
>>
>> I'm not sure if this flag was in cactus or not.
>>
>> As a workaround, you can manually turn on autostart for the domains using
>> virsh on the compute host
>> virsh autostart instance-00000001 (for example)
>>
>> Vish
>>
>> On Jul 15, 2011, at 7:13 AM, Leandro Reox wrote:
>>
>> HI all,
>>
>> Cant find any reference about this flag on the openstack docs --start_guests_on_host_boot=true,
>> is really available ? If so, even if i setted up on hthe compute nova.conf,
>> doesnt restart instances at node reboot Using Cactus by now Any clues ?
>> Regards _______________________________________________
>> Post to     : openstack at lists.launchpad.net

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...

[Openstack] FLAG --start_guests_on_host_boot=true

Diego Parrilla Santamaría
We are testing this flag for the 0.3 version of the Stackops Distro. Our
goal is to restart the VMs in a different compute-node if a server fails
automatically.

On Wed, Jul 20, 2011 at 1:08 AM, Vishvananda Ishaya
<vishvananda at gmail.com>wrote:

> Hmm, this flag needs to be set when the instance is created, so it will
> only work for new instances.
>
> I'm not sure if this flag was in cactus or not.
>
> As a workaround, you can manually turn on autostart for the domains using
> virsh on the compute host
> virsh autostart instance-00000001 (for example)
>
> Vish
>
> On Jul 15, 2011, at 7:13 AM, Leandro Reox wrote:
>
> HI all,
>
> Cant find any reference about this flag on the openstack docs --start_guests_on_host_boot=true,
> is really available ? If so, even if i setted up on hthe compute nova.conf,
> doesnt restart instances at node reboot Using Cactus by now Any clues ?
> Regards _______________________________________________
> Post to     : openstack at lists.launchpad.net

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...

[Openstack] FLAG --start_guests_on_host_boot=true

Leandro Reox
Diego,

Thats the "rescue" option from Diablo, you can use this instead if youre
planing to do it with cactus :
https://github.com/Mirantis/openstack-utils/blob/master/nova-compute

Regards

2011/7/20 Diego Parrilla Santamar?a <diego.parrilla.santamaria at gmail.com>

> We are testing this flag for the 0.3 version of the Stackops Distro. Our
> goal is to restart the VMs in a different compute-node if a server fails
> automatically.
>

> On Wed, Jul 20, 2011 at 1:08 AM, Vishvananda Ishaya <vishvananda at gmail.com
> > wrote:
>
>> Hmm, this flag needs to be set when the instance is created, so it will
>> only work for new instances.
>>
>> I'm not sure if this flag was in cactus or not.
>>
>> As a workaround, you can manually turn on autostart for the domains using
>> virsh on the compute host
>> virsh autostart instance-00000001 (for example)
>>
>> Vish
>>
>> On Jul 15, 2011, at 7:13 AM, Leandro Reox wrote:
>>
>> HI all,
>>
>> Cant find any reference about this flag on the openstack docs --start_guests_on_host_boot=true,
>> is really available ? If so, even if i setted up on hthe compute nova.conf,
>> doesnt restart instances at node reboot Using Cactus by now Any clues ?
>> Post to     : openstack at lists.launchpad.net

An HTML attachment was scrubbed...

[Openstack] FLAG --start_guests_on_host_boot=true

Diego Parrilla Santamaría
Yes, 0.3 will be based in Diablo.