Mitaka and gnocchi

Previous Topic Next Topic
 
classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
26 messages Options
12
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Mitaka and gnocchi

mate200
Hi everyone ! Am I understanding right that is possible to install gnocchi 2.0 into Mitaka release ?

Thanks
-- 
Mate200

_______________________________________________
OpenStack-operators mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.openstack.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/openstack-operators
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Mitaka and gnocchi

gordon chung-2


On 04/05/17 09:37 AM, [hidden email] wrote:
> Hi everyone ! Am I understanding right that is possible to install
> gnocchi 2.0 into Mitaka release ?

yes, you can use gnocchi v2 with mitaka. you should have
gnocchiclient<3.0.0 for it to work.

truthfully, you should try to backport the dispatcher code from a newer
version as the newer gnocchi releases are still compatible with older
ceilometer versions (it just has different integration code). i'm not
sure gnocchi v2 is performant and you'll avoid the upgrade between
gnocchi v2->v3 which is required for newton.

people have had success backporting code found here:
https://github.com/openstack/ceilometer/tree/stable/ocata/ceilometer/dispatcher

cheers,
--
gord
_______________________________________________
OpenStack-operators mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.openstack.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/openstack-operators
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Mitaka and gnocchi

mate200
Gordon, thank you a lot for the answer !


On Thu, 2017-05-04 at 14:51 +0000, gordon chung wrote:

>
> On 04/05/17 09:37 AM, [hidden email] wrote:
> > Hi everyone ! Am I understanding right that is possible to install
> > gnocchi 2.0 into Mitaka release ?
>
> yes, you can use gnocchi v2 with mitaka. you should have 
> gnocchiclient<3.0.0 for it to work.
>
> truthfully, you should try to backport the dispatcher code from a newer 
> version as the newer gnocchi releases are still compatible with older 
> ceilometer versions (it just has different integration code). i'm not 
> sure gnocchi v2 is performant and you'll avoid the upgrade between 
> gnocchi v2->v3 which is required for newton.
>
> people have had success backporting code found here: 
> https://github.com/openstack/ceilometer/tree/stable/ocata/ceilometer/dispatcher
>
> cheers,
> -- 
> gord
> _______________________________________________
> OpenStack-operators mailing list
> [hidden email]
> http://lists.openstack.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/openstack-operators

_______________________________________________
OpenStack-operators mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.openstack.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/openstack-operators
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Mitaka and gnocchi

mate200
In reply to this post by gordon chung-2
Gordon do you mean that gnocchiclient should be lesser then 3.0.0 version ? The documentation isn't clear so I've stacked. Where should I ask help here or at dev mailing list ?

Thanks again for your time.


> On May 4, 2017 at 5:51 PM gordon chung <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>
>
>
> On 04/05/17 09:37 AM, [hidden email] wrote:
> > Hi everyone ! Am I understanding right that is possible to install
> > gnocchi 2.0 into Mitaka release ?
>
> yes, you can use gnocchi v2 with mitaka. you should have
> gnocchiclient<3.0.0 for it to work.
>
> truthfully, you should try to backport the dispatcher code from a newer
> version as the newer gnocchi releases are still compatible with older
> ceilometer versions (it just has different integration code). i'm not
> sure gnocchi v2 is performant and you'll avoid the upgrade between
> gnocchi v2->v3 which is required for newton.
>
> people have had success backporting code found here:
> https://github.com/openstack/ceilometer/tree/stable/ocata/ceilometer/dispatcher
>
> cheers,
> --
> gord
> _______________________________________________
> OpenStack-operators mailing list
> [hidden email]
> http://lists.openstack.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/openstack-operators

_______________________________________________
OpenStack-operators mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.openstack.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/openstack-operators
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Mitaka and gnocchi

gordon chung-2


On 12/05/17 10:32 AM, [hidden email] wrote:
> Gordon do you mean that gnocchiclient should be lesser then 3.0.0 version ? The documentation isn't clear so I've stacked. Where should I ask help here or at dev mailing list ?
>
> Thanks again for your time.

either ML should give you replies. we are also available on IRC (mostly
euro timezone)

but yes, if you are using gnocchi 3.0 or earlier, you should use
gnocchiclient that is earlier than 3.0.0

cheers,

--
gord

_______________________________________________
OpenStack-operators mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.openstack.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/openstack-operators
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Mitaka and gnocchi

mate200
Well, I installed gnocchi 2.2.1 and gnocchiclient 2.8.2 and I created config with this command -

oslo-config-generator --config-file=/usr/local/etc/gnocchi/gnocchi-config-generator.conf --output-file=/etc/gnocchi/gnocchi.conf

Version without comments is here -


Full version -



and I have api-paste.ini with this two lines -

[pipeline:main]
pipeline = gnocchi+auth

If try to start gnocchi-api it throws the exception -

gnocchi-api
2017-05-15 10:40:42.554 30522 INFO gnocchi.rest.app [-] WSGI config used: /etc/gnocchi/api-paste.ini
2017-05-15 10:40:42.556 30522 CRITICAL gnocchi [-] LookupError: No section 'gnocchi+auth' (prefixed by 'app' or 'application' or 'composite' or 'composit' or 'pipeline' or 'filter-app') found in config /etc/gnocchi/api-paste.ini
2017-05-15 10:40:42.556 30522 ERROR gnocchi Traceback (most recent call last):
2017-05-15 10:40:42.556 30522 ERROR gnocchi   File "/usr/local/bin/gnocchi-api", line 34, in <module>
2017-05-15 10:40:42.556 30522 ERROR gnocchi     server = wss.make_server('', args.port, build_wsgi_app())
2017-05-15 10:40:42.556 30522 ERROR gnocchi   File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/gnocchi/rest/app.py", line 137, in build_wsgi_app
2017-05-15 10:40:42.556 30522 ERROR gnocchi     return load_app(service.prepare_service())
2017-05-15 10:40:42.556 30522 ERROR gnocchi   File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/gnocchi/rest/app.py", line 111, in load_app
2017-05-15 10:40:42.556 30522 ERROR gnocchi     global_conf={'configkey': configkey})
2017-05-15 10:40:42.556 30522 ERROR gnocchi   File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/paste/deploy/loadwsgi.py", line 247, in loadapp
2017-05-15 10:40:42.556 30522 ERROR gnocchi     return loadobj(APP, uri, name=name, **kw)
2017-05-15 10:40:42.556 30522 ERROR gnocchi   File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/paste/deploy/loadwsgi.py", line 271, in loadobj
2017-05-15 10:40:42.556 30522 ERROR gnocchi     global_conf=global_conf)
2017-05-15 10:40:42.556 30522 ERROR gnocchi   File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/paste/deploy/loadwsgi.py", line 296, in loadcontext
2017-05-15 10:40:42.556 30522 ERROR gnocchi     global_conf=global_conf)
2017-05-15 10:40:42.556 30522 ERROR gnocchi   File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/paste/deploy/loadwsgi.py", line 320, in _loadconfig
2017-05-15 10:40:42.556 30522 ERROR gnocchi     return loader.get_context(object_type, name, global_conf)
2017-05-15 10:40:42.556 30522 ERROR gnocchi   File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/paste/deploy/loadwsgi.py", line 450, in get_context
2017-05-15 10:40:42.556 30522 ERROR gnocchi     global_additions=global_additions)
2017-05-15 10:40:42.556 30522 ERROR gnocchi   File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/paste/deploy/loadwsgi.py", line 559, in _pipeline_app_context
2017-05-15 10:40:42.556 30522 ERROR gnocchi     APP, pipeline[-1], global_conf)
2017-05-15 10:40:42.556 30522 ERROR gnocchi   File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/paste/deploy/loadwsgi.py", line 408, in get_context
2017-05-15 10:40:42.556 30522 ERROR gnocchi     object_type, name=name)
2017-05-15 10:40:42.556 30522 ERROR gnocchi   File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/paste/deploy/loadwsgi.py", line 587, in find_config_section
2017-05-15 10:40:42.556 30522 ERROR gnocchi     self.filename))
2017-05-15 10:40:42.556 30522 ERROR gnocchi LookupError: No section 'gnocchi+auth' (prefixed by 'app' or 'application' or 'composite' or 'composit' or 'pipeline' or 'filter-app') found in config /etc/gnocchi/api-paste.ini
2017-05-15 10:40:42.556 30522 ERROR gnocchi 

It seems to me that I should add more settings to both config files, but the problem is that I cannot find information on that.


On Fri, 2017-05-12 at 22:33 +0000, gordon chung wrote:

On 12/05/17 10:32 AM, [hidden email] wrote:
Gordon do you mean that gnocchiclient should be lesser then 3.0.0 version ? The documentation isn't clear so I've stacked. Where should I ask help here or at dev mailing list ?

Thanks again for your time.

either ML should give you replies. we are also available on IRC (mostly 
euro timezone)

but yes, if you are using gnocchi 3.0 or earlier, you should use 
gnocchiclient that is earlier than 3.0.0

cheers,


_______________________________________________
OpenStack-operators mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.openstack.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/openstack-operators
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Mitaka and gnocchi

gordon chung-2


On 15/05/17 06:58 AM, [hidden email] wrote:

> It seems to me that I should add more settings to both config files, but
> the problem is that I cannot find information on that.
>


here's the conf file from gate using mitaka+gnocchi2.2[1]. i would start
there.

i've moved it to paste.openstack.org[2] as well since the log files will
probably be cleared soon. maybe start with those configurations since it
worked in gate.


[1]
http://logs.openstack.org/46/450646/4/gate/gate-telemetry-dsvm-integration-ceilometer-ubuntu-trusty/61d8bb0/logs/etc/
[2] http://paste.openstack.org/show/609688/

--
gord
_______________________________________________
OpenStack-operators mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.openstack.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/openstack-operators
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Mitaka and gnocchi

mate200
Thank you once again !

I'll check it.

--
Best regards,
Mate200


On Tue, 2017-05-16 at 15:22 +0000, gordon chung wrote:

>
> On 15/05/17 06:58 AM, [hidden email] wrote:
>
> > It seems to me that I should add more settings to both config files, but
> > the problem is that I cannot find information on that.
> >
>
>
> here's the conf file from gate using mitaka+gnocchi2.2[1]. i would start 
> there.
>
> i've moved it to paste.openstack.org[2] as well since the log files will 
> probably be cleared soon. maybe start with those configurations since it 
> worked in gate.
>
>
> [1] 
> http://logs.openstack.org/46/450646/4/gate/gate-telemetry-dsvm-integration-ceilometer-ubuntu-trusty/61d8bb0/logs/etc/
> [2] http://paste.openstack.org/show/609688/
>
> -- 
> gord
> _______________________________________________
> OpenStack-operators mailing list
> [hidden email]
> http://lists.openstack.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/openstack-operators


_______________________________________________
OpenStack-operators mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.openstack.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/openstack-operators
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Mitaka and gnocchi

mate200
In reply to this post by gordon chung-2
Hello Gordon,

I'm trying to use gnocchi client and it always says to me that I don't have sufficient priviligies -

10.10.10.69 - - [22/May/2017 14:58:33] "GET /v1/resource/generic HTTP/1.1" 403 77 Insufficient privileges (HTTP 403)

I think it's because of the policy.json absence. The log gives me a clue -

2017-05-22 14:40:19.808 21874 DEBUG oslo_policy.policy [-] The policy file policy.json could not be found. load_rules /usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/oslo_policy/policy.py:535

Where can I find one and am I right ?






On Tue, 2017-05-16 at 15:22 +0000, gordon chung wrote:

On 15/05/17 06:58 AM, [hidden email] wrote:

It seems to me that I should add more settings to both config files, but
the problem is that I cannot find information on that.



here's the conf file from gate using mitaka+gnocchi2.2[1]. i would start 
there.

i've moved it to paste.openstack.org[2] as well since the log files will 
probably be cleared soon. maybe start with those configurations since it 
worked in gate.


[1] 

-- 
gord
_______________________________________________
OpenStack-operators mailing list
-- 
Best regards,
Mate200

_______________________________________________
OpenStack-operators mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.openstack.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/openstack-operators
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Mitaka and gnocchi

mate200
Sorry, I didn't notice policy.json in the first link. I'll check it.


> On May 22, 2017 at 6:09 PM [hidden email] wrote:
>
>
> Hello Gordon,
> I'm trying to use gnocchi client and it always says to me that I don't have sufficient priviligies -
> 10.10.10.69 - - [22/May/2017 14:58:33] "GET /v1/resource/generic HTTP/1.1" 403 77 Insufficient privileges (HTTP 403)
> I think it's because of the policy.json absence. The log gives me a clue -
> 2017-05-22 14:40:19.808 21874 DEBUG oslo_policy.policy [-] The policy file policy.json could not be found. load_rules
> /usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/oslo_policy/policy.py:535
> Where can I find one and am I right ?
>
>
>
>
>
> On Tue, 2017-05-16 at 15:22 +0000, gordon chung wrote:
> > On 15/05/17 06:58 AM, [hidden email] wrote:
> >
> > > It seems to me that I should add more settings to both config files, but
> > > the problem is that I cannot find information on that.
> > >
> >
> > here's the conf file from gate using mitaka+gnocchi2.2[1]. i would start
> > there.
> >
> > i've moved it to paste.openstack.org[2] as well since the log files will
> > probably be cleared soon. maybe start with those configurations since it
> > worked in gate.
> >
> >
> > [1]
> > http://logs.openstack.org/46/450646/4/gate/gate-telemetry-dsvm-integration-ceilometer-ubuntu-trusty/61d8bb0/logs/etc/
> > [2] http://paste.openstack.org/show/609688/
> >
> > --
> > gord
> > _______________________________________________
> > OpenStack-operators mailing list
> > [hidden email]
> > http://lists.openstack.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/openstack-operators
> --
> Best regards,
> Mate200_______________________________________________
> OpenStack-operators mailing list
> [hidden email]
> http://lists.openstack.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/openstack-operators

_______________________________________________
OpenStack-operators mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.openstack.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/openstack-operators
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Mitaka and gnocchi

gordon chung-2


On 23/05/17 06:35 AM, [hidden email] wrote:
> Sorry, I didn't notice policy.json in the first link. I'll check it.

:)

depending on gnocchi version, it might look internally for policy.json
if it doesn't find policy.json in /etc/gnocchi/

--
gord
_______________________________________________
OpenStack-operators mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.openstack.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/openstack-operators
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Mitaka and gnocchi

mate200
As for gnocchi 2.2.1 policy.json is needed :) Now I'm fighting with ceilometer.



> On May 23, 2017 at 3:16 PM gordon chung <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>
>
>
> On 23/05/17 06:35 AM, [hidden email] wrote:
> > Sorry, I didn't notice policy.json in the first link. I'll check it.
>
> :)
>
> depending on gnocchi version, it might look internally for policy.json
> if it doesn't find policy.json in /etc/gnocchi/
>
> --
> gord
> _______________________________________________
> OpenStack-operators mailing list
> [hidden email]
> http://lists.openstack.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/openstack-operators

_______________________________________________
OpenStack-operators mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.openstack.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/openstack-operators
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Mitaka and gnocchi

mate200

I'm trying to connect ceilometer to gnocchi. I don't use any wsgi application and ceilometer is connecting directly to gnocchi-api.


The thing is that I see these kind of errors in ceilometer-collector.log  -

 2017-05-23 13:29:10.961 1931583 ERROR ceilometer.dispatcher.gnocchi [-] Failed to connect to Gnocchi.
2017-05-23 13:29:10.962 1931583 ERROR stevedore.extension [-] Could not load 'gnocchi': Unexpected exception for http//10.10.10.69:8000/v1/capabilities/: Invalid URL 'http//10.10.10.69:8000/v1/capabilities/': No schema supplied. Perhaps you meant http://http//10.10.10.69:8000/v1/capabilities/?
2017-05-23 13:29:10.962 1931583 WARNING stevedore.named [-] Could not load gnocchi
2017-05-23 13:29:10.963 1931583 WARNING ceilometer.dispatcher [-] Failed to load any dispatchers for ceilometer.dispatcher.meter
2017-05-23 13:29:10.963 1931583 DEBUG ceilometer.dispatcher [-] loading dispatchers from ceilometer.dispatcher.event _load_dispatcher_manager /usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/ceilometer/dispatcher/__init__.py:58


What it may be ?



On May 23, 2017 at 3:29 PM [hidden email] wrote:

As for gnocchi 2.2.1 policy.json is needed :) Now I'm fighting with ceilometer.

On May 23, 2017 at 3:16 PM gordon chung <[hidden email]> wrote:

On 23/05/17 06:35 AM, [hidden email] wrote:

Sorry, I didn't notice policy.json in the first link. I'll check it.

:)

depending on gnocchi version, it might look internally for policy.json
if it doesn't find policy.json in /etc/gnocchi/

--
gord

_______________________________________________
OpenStack-operators mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.openstack.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/openstack-operators

_______________________________________________
OpenStack-operators mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.openstack.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/openstack-operators


_______________________________________________
OpenStack-operators mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.openstack.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/openstack-operators
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Mitaka and gnocchi

gordon chung-2


On 23/05/17 10:16 AM, [hidden email] wrote:
> / 2017-05-23 13:29:10.961 1931583 ERROR ceilometer.dispatcher.gnocchi
> [-] Failed to connect to Gnocchi./
> /2017-05-23 13:29:10.962 1931583 ERROR stevedore.extension [-] Could not
> load 'gnocchi': Unexpected exception for
> http//10.10.10.69:8000/v1/capabilities/: Invalid URL
> 'http//10.10.10.69:8000/v1/capabilities/': No schema supplied. Perhaps
> you meant http://http//10.10.10.69:8000/v1/capabilities/?/

you missed ':' in http://

--
gord

_______________________________________________
OpenStack-operators mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.openstack.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/openstack-operators
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Mitaka and gnocchi

mate200
Thank you Gordon !

Now I'm encountering this kind of errors :



2017-05-26 13:19:27.853 1404925 DEBUG oslo_messaging._drivers.amqpdriver [-] received message msg_id: None reply to None __call__ /usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/oslo_messaging/_drivers/amqpdriver.py:201
2017-05-26 13:19:28.026 1404925 ERROR ceilometer.dispatcher.gnocchi [-] Resource type network does not exist (HTTP 404)
2017-05-26 13:19:28.034 1404925 ERROR ceilometer.dispatcher.gnocchi [-] Resource type image does not exist (HTTP 404)
2017-05-26 13:19:28.203 1404925 ERROR ceilometer.dispatcher.gnocchi [-] Resource type image does not exist (HTTP 404)
2017-05-26 13:19:28.375 1404925 ERROR ceilometer.dispatcher.gnocchi [-] Resource type instance does not exist (HTTP 404)
2017-05-26 13:19:28.537 1404925 ERROR ceilometer.dispatcher.gnocchi [-] Resource type image does not exist (HTTP 404)
2017-05-26 13:19:28.548 1404925 ERROR ceilometer.dispatcher.gnocchi [-] Resource type image does not exist (HTTP 404)
2017-05-26 13:19:49.757 1404925 DEBUG oslo_messaging._drivers.amqpdriver [-] received message msg_id: None reply to None __call__ /usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/oslo_messaging/_drivers/amqpdriver.py:201
2017-05-26 13:19:49.948 1404925 ERROR ceilometer.dispatcher.gnocchi [-] Resource type instance does not exist (HTTP 404)
2017-05-26 13:20:26.887 1404925 DEBUG oslo_messaging._drivers.amqpdriver [-] received message msg_id: None reply to None __call__ /usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/oslo_messaging/_drivers/amqpdriver.py:201
2017-05-26 13:20:27.047 1404925 DEBUG oslo_messaging._drivers.amqpdriver [-] received message msg_id: None reply to None __call__ /usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/oslo_messaging/_drivers/amqpdriver.py:201
2017-05-26 13:20:27.054 1404925 DEBUG oslo_messaging._drivers.amqpdriver [-] received message msg_id: None reply to None __call__ /usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/oslo_messaging/_drivers/amqpdriver.py:201
2017-05-26 13:20:27.060 1404925 ERROR ceilometer.dispatcher.gnocchi [-] Resource type network does not exist (HTTP 404)
2017-05-26 13:20:27.540 1404925 ERROR ceilometer.dispatcher.gnocchi [-] Resource type image does not exist (HTTP 404)
2017-05-26 13:20:27.547 1404925 ERROR ceilometer.dispatcher.gnocchi [-] Resource type image does not exist (HTTP 404)
2017-05-26 13:20:27.555 1404925 ERROR ceilometer.dispatcher.gnocchi [-] Resource type network does not exist (HTTP 404)
2017-05-26 13:20:27.858 1404925 ERROR ceilometer.dispatcher.gnocchi [-] Resource type image does not exist (HTTP 404)
2017-05-26 13:20:27.866 1404925 ERROR ceilometer.dispatcher.gnocchi [-] Resource type image does not exist (HTTP 404)
2017-05-26 13:20:27.895 1404925 DEBUG oslo_messaging._drivers.amqpdriver [-] received message msg_id: None reply to None __call__ /usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/oslo_messaging/_drivers/amqpdriver.py:201
2017-05-26 13:20:28.326 1404925 ERROR ceilometer.dispatcher.gnocchi [-] Resource type image does not exist (HTTP 404)
2017-05-26 13:20:28.333 1404925 ERROR ceilometer.dispatcher.gnocchi [-] Resource type image does not exist (HTTP 404)
2017-05-26 13:20:28.340 1404925 ERROR ceilometer.dispatcher.gnocchi [-] Resource type instance does not exist (HTTP 404)
2017-05-26 13:20:49.758 1404925 DEBUG oslo_messaging._drivers.amqpdriver [-] received message msg_id: None reply to None __call__ /usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/oslo_messaging/_drivers/amqpdriver.py:201
2017-05-26 13:20:49.915 1404925 ERROR ceilometer.dispatcher.gnocchi [-] Resource type instance does not exist (HTTP 404)
2017-05-26 13:21:26.945 1404925 DEBUG oslo_messaging._drivers.amqpdriver [-] received message msg_id: None reply to None __call__ /usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/oslo_messaging/_drivers/amqpdriver.py:201
2017-05-26 13:21:27.072 1404925 DEBUG oslo_messaging._drivers.amqpdriver [-] received message msg_id: None reply to None __call__ /usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/oslo_messaging/_drivers/amqpdriver.py:201
2017-05-26 13:21:27.080 1404925 DEBUG oslo_messaging._drivers.amqpdriver [-] received message msg_id: None reply to None __call__ /usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/oslo_messaging/_drivers/amqpdriver.py:201
2017-05-26 13:21:27.449 1404925 ERROR ceilometer.dispatcher.gnocchi [-] Resource type network does not exist (HTTP 404)
2017-05-26 13:21:27.457 1404925 ERROR ceilometer.dispatcher.gnocchi [-] Resource type image does not exist (HTTP 404)
2017-05-26 13:21:27.465 1404925 ERROR ceilometer.dispatcher.gnocchi [-] Resource type image does not exist (HTTP 404)
2017-05-26 13:21:27.897 1404925 DEBUG oslo_messaging._drivers.amqpdriver [-] received message msg_id: None reply to None __call__ /usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/oslo_messaging/_drivers/amqpdriver.py:201
2017-05-26 13:21:27.902 1404925 ERROR ceilometer.dispatcher.gnocchi [-] Resource type network does not exist (HTTP 404)
2017-05-26 13:21:27.909 1404925 ERROR ceilometer.dispatcher.gnocchi [-] Resource type image does not exist (HTTP 404)
2017-05-26 13:21:27.919 1404925 ERROR ceilometer.dispatcher.gnocchi [-] Resource type image does not exist (HTTP 404)
2017-05-26 13:21:28.393 1404925 ERROR ceilometer.dispatcher.gnocchi [-] Resource type instance does not exist (HTTP 404)
2017-05-26 13:21:28.400 1404925 ERROR ceilometer.dispatcher.gnocchi [-] Resource type image does not exist (HTTP 404)
2017-05-26 13:21:28.408 1404925 ERROR ceilometer.dispatcher.gnocchi [-] Resource type image does not exist (HTTP 404)


I think I need to add gnocchi_resources.yaml into gnocchi.conf. But I don't know proper option. Could you give me a clue ?




On Tue, 2017-05-23 at 18:16 +0000, gordon chung wrote:

On 23/05/17 10:16 AM, [hidden email] wrote:
/ 2017-05-23 13:29:10.961 1931583 ERROR ceilometer.dispatcher.gnocchi
[-] Failed to connect to Gnocchi./
/2017-05-23 13:29:10.962 1931583 ERROR stevedore.extension [-] Could not
load 'gnocchi': Unexpected exception for
http//10.10.10.69:8000/v1/capabilities/: Invalid URL
'http//10.10.10.69:8000/v1/capabilities/': No schema supplied. Perhaps

you missed ':' in http://

-- 
Best regards,
Mate200

_______________________________________________
OpenStack-operators mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.openstack.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/openstack-operators
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Mitaka and gnocchi

Mathieu Gagné-3
On Fri, May 26, 2017 at 9:27 AM, <[hidden email]> wrote:
Thank you Gordon !

Now I'm encountering this kind of errors :

[
​...]
 
2017-05-26 13:21:28.393 1404925 ERROR ceilometer.dispatcher.gnocchi [-] Resource type instance does not exist (HTTP 404)
2017-05-26 13:21:28.400 1404925 ERROR ceilometer.dispatcher.gnocchi [-] Resource type image does not exist (HTTP 404)
2017-05-26 13:21:28.408 1404925 ERROR ceilometer.dispatcher.gnocchi [-] Resource type image does not exist (HTTP 404)


I think I need to add gnocchi_resources.yaml into gnocchi.conf. But I don't know proper option. Could you give me a clue ?


With Mitaka, I found that you need to run this command to get resource types created in Gnocchi:

gnocchi-upgrade --create-legacy-resource-types

With latest version, Ceilometer handles that part. 

​--
Mathieu​


_______________________________________________
OpenStack-operators mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.openstack.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/openstack-operators
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Mitaka and gnocchi

gordon chung-2


On 26/05/17 09:31 AM, Mathieu Gagné wrote:
>
> With Mitaka, I found that you need to run this command to get resource
> types created in Gnocchi:
>
> gnocchi-upgrade --create-legacy-resource-types
>
> With latest version, Ceilometer handles that part.

this ^... thanks Mathieu!

if you are using newton or later, run:

   ceilometer-upgrade --skip-metering-database

https://docs.openstack.org/project-install-guide/telemetry/ocata/install-base-rdo.html

--
gord
_______________________________________________
OpenStack-operators mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.openstack.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/openstack-operators
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Mitaka and gnocchi

mate200
Mathieu, Gordon thank you both !

I'm using Mitaka release. It looks like that ceilometer-collector is pooling data to gnocchi, but I don't understand a few things.

I'm receiving log messages to my terminal input from gnocchi-api, however in gnocchi.conf logging is set to write to a file and debug is set to false. 


10.10.10.33 - - [30/May/2017 14:21:54] "PATCH /v1/resource/instance_disk/2940f8ed-02e7-5cc3-ae3f-3fed97ec3953 HTTP/1.1" 200 1460
10.10.10.33 - - [30/May/2017 14:21:54] "PATCH /v1/resource/instance_network_interface/02c83036-7618-526c-b7d3-577035789e50 HTTP/1.1" 200 1191
10.10.10.33 - - [30/May/2017 14:21:54] "PATCH /v1/resource/instance_network_interface/02c83036-7618-526c-b7d3-577035789e50 HTTP/1.1" 200 1191
10.10.10.33 - - [30/May/2017 14:21:54] "PATCH /v1/resource/instance_network_interface/02c83036-7618-526c-b7d3-577035789e50 HTTP/1.1" 200 1191
10.10.10.33 - - [30/May/2017 14:21:54] "PATCH /v1/resource/instance_network_interface/02c83036-7618-526c-b7d3-577035789e50 HTTP/1.1" 200 1191
10.10.10.33 - - [30/May/2017 14:21:54] "PATCH /v1/resource/instance/67896cdf-4f8e-4f33-aef3-26456ed3f4dc HTTP/1.1" 200 2016
10.10.10.33 - - [30/May/2017 14:21:54] "POST /v1/resource/generic/2940f8ed-02e7-5cc3-ae3f-3fed97ec3953/metric/disk.device.allocation/measures HTTP/1.1" 202 0
10.10.10.33 - - [30/May/2017 14:21:54] "POST /v1/resource/generic/2940f8ed-02e7-5cc3-ae3f-3fed97ec3953/metric/disk.device.write.requests/measures HTTP/1.1" 202 0
10.10.10.33 - - [30/May/2017 14:21:54] "PATCH /v1/resource/instance_disk/2940f8ed-02e7-5cc3-ae3f-3fed97ec3953 HTTP/1.1" 200 1460
10.10.10.33 - - [30/May/2017 14:21:54] "PATCH /v1/resource/instance_disk/2940f8ed-02e7-5cc3-ae3f-3fed97ec3953 HTTP/1.1" 200 146



Second thing, that I don't understand is how to get access to stored data. For instance, with ceilometer I can execute ceilometer sample-list -m memory.usage -q resource_id=<id number>
and receive memory usage for some instance. Now, If i execute previous command I get '('Connection aborted.', BadStatusLine("''",))', so if I understand right I should use gnocchiclient.
I've been playing with it for a few hours already, but still no luck. Could you point me in right direction ?

--
Best regards,
Mate200


On Fri, 2017-05-26 at 14:00 +0000, gordon chung wrote:

On 26/05/17 09:31 AM, Mathieu Gagné wrote:

With Mitaka, I found that you need to run this command to get resource
types created in Gnocchi:

gnocchi-upgrade --create-legacy-resource-types

With latest version, Ceilometer handles that part.

this ^... thanks Mathieu!

if you are using newton or later, run:

   ceilometer-upgrade --skip-metering-database


-- 
gord
_______________________________________________
OpenStack-operators mailing list


_______________________________________________
OpenStack-operators mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.openstack.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/openstack-operators
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Mitaka and gnocchi

gordon chung-2


On 30/05/17 10:42 AM, [hidden email] wrote:

>
> Second thing, that I don't understand is how to get access to stored
> data. For instance, with ceilometer I can execute /ceilometer
> sample-list -m memory.usage -q resource_id=<id number> /
> and receive memory usage for some instance. Now, If i execute previous
> command I get '('Connection aborted.', BadStatusLine("''",))', so if I
> understand right I should use gnocchiclient.
> I've been playing with it for a few hours already, but still no luck.
> Could you point me in right direction ?
>

gnocchi is a completely different api from ceilometer. see:
http://gnocchi.xyz/gnocchiclient/shell.html for cli usage;
http://gnocchi.xyz/rest.html for REST and
https://www.slideshare.net/GordonChung/ceilometer-to-gnocchi if you're
not sure what difference between ceilometer and gnocchi is (made that
over a year ago, so it doesn't cover everything in gnocchi)

cheers,
--
gord
_______________________________________________
OpenStack-operators mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.openstack.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/openstack-operators
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Mitaka and gnocchi

mate200
Thanks Grodon ! I've found that I need !


Regarding the output problem, for now I execute gnocchi-api -p 8041 &>> /var/log/gnocchi-uwsgi.log &
and it solves the problem. Will try to execute api part with uwsgi options.

-- 
Best regards,
Mate200


On Tue, 2017-05-30 at 20:11 +0000, gordon chung wrote:

On 30/05/17 10:42 AM, [hidden email] wrote:

Second thing, that I don't understand is how to get access to stored
data. For instance, with ceilometer I can execute /ceilometer
sample-list -m memory.usage -q resource_id=<id number> /
and receive memory usage for some instance. Now, If i execute previous
command I get '('Connection aborted.', BadStatusLine("''",))', so if I
understand right I should use gnocchiclient.
I've been playing with it for a few hours already, but still no luck.
Could you point me in right direction ?


gnocchi is a completely different api from ceilometer. see: 
not sure what difference between ceilometer and gnocchi is (made that 
over a year ago, so it doesn't cover everything in gnocchi)

cheers,
-- 
gord
_______________________________________________
OpenStack-operators mailing list


_______________________________________________
OpenStack-operators mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.openstack.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/openstack-operators
12