[Neutron][LBaaS] Common agent based driver for LBaaS

[Neutron][LBaaS] Common agent based driver for LBaaS

Oleg Bondarev
Hi folks,

While working on agent scheduling for LBaaS reference implementation (https://review.openstack.org/#/c/32137/) I thought that it would be useful to unify existing agent to make it suite any vendor who wants to use async mechanism and agent scheduling.
So what do you guys think? Wishes/suggestions are welcome.

Thanks,
Oleg

Re: [Neutron][LBaaS] Common agent based driver for LBaaS

Eugene Nikanorov
I think the design should be documented on the wiki.
Major part of such agent should be corresponding RPC API which then is shared between services.
That needs to be thought out and discussed.

Thanks,
Eugene.

On Thu, Jul 4, 2013 at 12:27 PM, Oleg Bondarev <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi folks,

While working on agent scheduling for LBaaS reference implementation (https://review.openstack.org/#/c/32137/) I thought that it would be useful to unify existing agent to make it suite any vendor who wants to use async mechanism and agent scheduling.
So what do you guys think? Wishes/suggestions are welcome.

Thanks,
Oleg

Re: [Neutron][LBaaS] Common agent based driver for LBaaS

Oleg Bondarev
Hi Eugene,

>...RPC API which then is shared between services.
Did you mean device drivers rather than services?

Thanks,
Oleg

On Thu, Jul 4, 2013 at 12:42 PM, Eugene Nikanorov <[hidden email]> wrote:
I think the design should be documented on the wiki.
Major part of such agent should be corresponding RPC API which then is shared between services.
That needs to be thought out and discussed.

Thanks,
Eugene.

On Thu, Jul 4, 2013 at 12:27 PM, Oleg Bondarev <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi folks,

While working on agent scheduling for LBaaS reference implementation (https://review.openstack.org/#/c/32137/) I thought that it would be useful to unify existing agent to make it suite any vendor who wants to use async mechanism and agent scheduling.
So what do you guys think? Wishes/suggestions are welcome.

Thanks,
Oleg

Re: [Neutron][LBaaS] Common agent based driver for LBaaS

Eugene Nikanorov
No, I meant server side, e.g. plugins or plugin drivers.
RPC api should be designed in such way that allows sending messages to proper device driver.

Thanks,
Eugene.

On Thu, Jul 4, 2013 at 12:51 PM, Oleg Bondarev <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Eugene,

>...RPC API which then is shared between services.
Did you mean device drivers rather than services?

Thanks,
Oleg

On Thu, Jul 4, 2013 at 12:42 PM, Eugene Nikanorov <[hidden email]> wrote:
I think the design should be documented on the wiki.
Major part of such agent should be corresponding RPC API which then is shared between services.
That needs to be thought out and discussed.

Thanks,
Eugene.

On Thu, Jul 4, 2013 at 12:27 PM, Oleg Bondarev <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi folks,

While working on agent scheduling for LBaaS reference implementation (https://review.openstack.org/#/c/32137/) I thought that it would be useful to unify existing agent to make it suite any vendor who wants to use async mechanism and agent scheduling.
So what do you guys think? Wishes/suggestions are welcome.

Thanks,
Oleg

Re: [Neutron][LBaaS] Common agent based driver for LBaaS

Oleg Bondarev
Ok, here is the wiki page describing lbaas common agent:

Thanks,
Oleg