No route to host

aishwarya.adyanthaya

Hi,

I’m having trouble while trying to deploy a package from ‘machine-A’ outside openstack to the ‘machine-B’(instance) inside openstack which is created through the dashboard.

This is the error I get when I try to deploy it:

ssh: connect to host 10.x.x.x port 22: No route to host

Could anyone point out what I have to do to fix it.

Thank you,

Aishwarya Adyanthaya

Re: No route to host

sara
hey,

It's probably because you forgot to open the port 22 of your instance using the security groups.
your ssh command says that it couldn't reach the host 10.x.x.x . are you trying to ssh into your machine B using its private IP ? if so try to assign a floating IP to your machine B and then try again with this FIP instead.

Cheers,
Sara

I’m having trouble while trying to deploy a package from ‘machine-A’ outside openstack to the ‘machine-B’(instance) inside openstack which is created through the dashboard.

This is the error I get when I try to deploy it:

ssh: connect to host 10.x.x.x port 22: No route to host

Could anyone point out what I have to do to fix it.

Thank you,

Aishwarya Adyanthaya

Re: No route to host

aishwarya.adyanthaya

Hey,

Thanks for the quick reply. I did attach a floating Ip to the instance. To test, I took the instance created inside the Openstack and tried deploying the machine with the services:

Starting cluster using provider: ubuntu

... calling verify-prereqs

Deploying on machine 10.x.x.x

[hidden email]’s password:

[hidden email]’s password:

config-default.sh                                                                                                          100% 2447     2.4KB/s   00:00

broken pipe

lost connection.

and that is it. It breaks the connection. I did add the port 22 through the manage rules in the security groups.