[Nova] about 'os-server-ha' extension

Konglingxian

Hi all:

I added a nova extension called ‘os-server-ha’ to achieve the purpose that I can set the server new attribute ‘ha’ to ‘enabled’, so that the VM in my virtulization platform can migrate to other host automatically when the host on which VM is running is down or crashes.

I want to share the code to the community, but I have never done this before. Does anyone have suggestions for me? Or does there already have a blueprint to implement this?

Best wishes!

Re: [Nova] about 'os-server-ha' extension

Russell Bryant
On 03/26/2013 06:03 AM, Konglingxian wrote:

> Hi all:
>
> I added a nova extension called ‘os-server-ha’ to achieve the purpose
> that I can set the server new attribute ‘ha’ to ‘enabled’, so that the
> VM in my virtulization platform can migrate to other host automatically
> when the host on which VM is running is down or crashes.
>
> I want to share the code to the community, but I have never done this
> before. Does anyone have suggestions for me? Or does there already have
> a blueprint to implement this?

The general answer for how to contribute code is covered in the
CONTRIBUTING.rst file:

https://github.com/openstack/nova/blob/master/CONTRIBUTING.rst

In this particular case, I would like to see a blueprint with a linked
design document (probably on the OpenStack wiki) which describes the
feature and how it is supposed to work.  Once that is in place, post to
this list again so that we can discuss it in more detail.

--
Russell Bryant