OSF 2020 Events Update

Erin Disney
Hi everyone,

I wanted to share an update following a discussion last week during the board meeting in regards to our 2020 event plans. We plan to hold two events again next year. Both events will include participation from users, developers and the ecosystem, who are all critical to pursuing our mission of helping people build and operate open infrastructure!

The first event will be the smaller of the two, with a strong focus on open collaboration sessions, while the second half event will be the larger flagship event for the year.

The first event will bring us back to Vancouver!
When: June 8-11th, 2020
Where: Vancouver Convention Centre
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada

What can you expect? Details are still being worked out, but the first event of the year will include:
  • Dedicated space for PTG and cross project work
  • A curated selection of breakout sessions
  • Collaborative sessions focused on major industry trends shaping the future of open source infrastructure
  • Space for sponsors to have a presence

Registration, sponsorships, and additional information coming soon. Email [hidden email] for any questions.

We're working to finalize the details for the second event and will share the information as soon as we can so stay tuned!

Erin Disney
OpenStack Marketing

Re: OSF 2020 Events Update

Arkady.Kanevsky

Dell Customer Communication - Confidential

Erin,

How do these 2 events per year align with locations of the events?

The event location are once in North America and one in other parts of the world.

Will Flagship event alternate between NA and rest o fthe world?

Thanks,
Arkady

Re: OSF 2020 Events Update

Erin Disney
Hey Arkady-

We are still discussing the ongoing pattern, but we definitely want to go where the community is so would be looking to continue rotating through locations where the community and market are strong.

Erin Disney
OpenStack Marketing
[hidden email]

On Sep 19, 2019, at 12:08 PM, <[hidden email]> <[hidden email]> wrote:

Dell Customer Communication - Confidential

Erin,
How do these 2 events per year align with locations of the events?
The event location are once in North America and one in other parts of the world.

Will Flagship event alternate between NA and rest o fthe world?
Thanks,
Arkady

Re: OSF 2020 Events Update

Tim Bell-2

Alan,

Would it be planned to hold a F2F board meeting in Vancouver?

Tim

On 19 Sep 2019, at 20:19, Erin Disney <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hey Arkady-

We are still discussing the ongoing pattern, but we definitely want to go where the community is so would be looking to continue rotating through locations where the community and market are strong.

Erin Disney
OpenStack Marketing
[hidden email]

On Sep 19, 2019, at 12:08 PM, <[hidden email]> <[hidden email]> wrote:

Dell Customer Communication - Confidential

Erin,
How do these 2 events per year align with locations of the events?
The event location are once in North America and one in other parts of the world.

Will Flagship event alternate between NA and rest o fthe world?
Thanks,
Arkady

Re: OSF 2020 Events Update

Alan Clark-2

Seems logical that we would hold F2F board meetings at the 2 events slated for next year, but I added this as a discussion item for the Board’s December meeting.  That’s where we have typically discussed and approved the following years board meeting schedule.

-AlanClark