OSF Product Classification Matrix

Fred Li
I am wondering whether projects under OpenStack Foundation follows US
Export Regulations[1] or not. I tried check OpenStack legal
documents[2], but didn't find anything about this topic.
As an example, ASF listed the ECCN (Export Control Classification
Number) for its software [3]. I don't know where I can find OpenStack
projects' ECCN.

Hope you can help to point the information.

[1] http://www.bis.doc.gov/
[2] https://www.openstack.org/legal/
[3] https://www.apache.org/licenses/exports/

--
Regards
Fred Li (李永乐)

Re: OSF Product Classification Matrix

Mohammed Naser

On Tue, May 21, 2019, 7:20 PM Fred Li <[hidden email]> wrote:
I am wondering whether projects under OpenStack Foundation follows US
Export Regulations[1] or not. I tried check OpenStack legal
documents[2], but didn't find anything about this topic.
As an example, ASF listed the ECCN (Export Control Classification
Number) for its software [3]. I don't know where I can find OpenStack
projects' ECCN.

First off -- I'm sorry that this is even something you have to deal with right now.  We should focus on ensuring that we maintain our four opens.

I suggest perhaps forwarding your email to the mailing list above.

Hope you can help to point the information.

[1] http://www.bis.doc.gov/
[2] https://www.openstack.org/legal/
[3] https://www.apache.org/licenses/exports/

--
Regards
Fred Li (李永乐)

Re: OSF Product Classification Matrix

Fred Li
I added another example from Linux Foundation [4]. Hope such examples
can help explaining my question better.

[4] https://www.linuxfoundation.org/export/

--
Regards
Fred Li (李永乐)

Re: OSF Product Classification Matrix

Mark Collier-2
Thanks for raising this issue.

We have previously registered OpenStack software as publicly available software in this manner, and we will publish a similar webpage on the OSF website for reference in the next few days so that the information is readily accessible.

Feel free to direct any questions to myself ([hidden email]) or Jonathan Bryce ([hidden email])

Thanks,

Mark