Octavia :; Unable to create load balancer

Octavia :; Unable to create load balancer

Monika Samal
Hello All,

I have been following https://docs.openstack.org/kolla-ansible/latest/reference/networking/octavia.html to deploy Octavia. I was successful in deployin Octavia but when I go to horizon dashboard and create loadbalancer am getting error "9876/v2.0/lbaas/loadbalancers, Internal Server Error". I have checked worker log at /var/log/kola-ansible/Octavia-worker.log and found oslo messaging was refusing connection I fixed it but still getting same error. Kindly help

Regards,
Moni

Re: Octavia :; Unable to create load balancer

Monika Samal
Hello Michael and Amy,

As suggested I checked and found below error on Octavia-api logs, but not sure how to resolve and proceed further with this.

Regards,
Moni

Re: Octavia :; Unable to create load balancer

Monika Samal
++ In addition to my previous mail I also checked keystone.log, below is the Screenshot

As suggested I checked and found below error on Octavia-api logs, but not sure how to resolve and proceed further with this.

Regards,
Moni

Can you check the Octavia API process log and the horizon log files to
see what is causing the "Internal Server Error"?

This sounds like a configuration file problem as Amy mentioned. There
should be log messages in one of those two locations that will point
to the problem.

Michael

On Thu, Jul 30, 2020 at 6:10 AM Amy Marrich <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Adding the discuss list where you might get more help, but also double check your config file for any extra spaces or typos.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Amy (spotz)
>
> On Thu, Jul 30, 2020 at 6:30 AM Monika Samal <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Hello All,
>>
>> I have been following https://docs.openstack.org/kolla-ansible/latest/reference/networking/octavia.html to deploy Octavia. I was successful in deployin Octavia but when I go to horizon dashboard and create loadbalancer am getting error "9876/v2.0/lbaas/loadbalancers, Internal Server Error". I have checked worker log at /var/log/kola-ansible/Octavia-worker.log and found oslo messaging was refusing connection I fixed it but still getting same error. Kindly help
>>
>> Regards,
>> Moni

Re: Octavia :; Unable to create load balancer

Monika Samal
Hey Fabian,

Can you please elaborate more about keystone settings, where in need to make changes etc.. I am new to openstack finding it difficult to resolve kind of atuck

Re: Octavia :; Unable to create load balancer

Monika Samal
Hello Fabian,

Thanks,
Monika

if i read the docs correctly. Maybe you can just paste your config (remove/change passwords) to paste.openstack.org and post the link?

 Fabian

Re: Octavia :; Unable to create load balancer

Monika Samal
Thanks a ton Michael for helping me out

Re: Octavia :; Unable to create load balancer

Monika Samal
After Michael suggestion I was able to create load balancer but there is error in status.

PFB the error link: