Openstack zun on centos???

Ignazio Cassano
Hi All,
I'd like to know if openstack zun will be released for centos.
Reading documentation at docs.openstack.org only ubuntu installation is reported.
Many thanks
Ignazio

Re: Openstack zun on centos???

Eduardo Gonzalez
Hi Cassano, you can use zun in centos deployed by kolla-ansible.

https://docs.openstack.org/kolla-ansible/latest/reference/zun-guide.html

Regards

El mié., 14 nov. 2018 17:11, Ignazio Cassano <[hidden email]> escribió:
Hi All,
I'd like to know if openstack zun will be released for centos.
Reading documentation at docs.openstack.org only ubuntu installation is reported.
Many thanks
Ignazio

Re: Openstack zun on centos???

Ignazio Cassano
Hi Edoardo,
does it mean openstack kolla installs zun using pip ?
I did not find any zun rpm package
Regards
Ignazio

Il giorno Mer 14 Nov 2018 18:38 Eduardo Gonzalez <[hidden email]> ha scritto:
Hi Cassano, you can use zun in centos deployed by kolla-ansible.

https://docs.openstack.org/kolla-ansible/latest/reference/zun-guide.html

Regards

El mié., 14 nov. 2018 17:11, Ignazio Cassano <[hidden email]> escribió:
Hi All,
I'd like to know if openstack zun will be released for centos.
Reading documentation at docs.openstack.org only ubuntu installation is reported.
Many thanks
Ignazio

Re: Openstack zun on centos???

Alfredo Moralejo Alonso
You are right, zun is not included in RDO yet. I will be happy to help anyone interested in add and maintain it!!

There is some info about how to add new packages in [1]

On Wed, Nov 14, 2018 at 7:53 PM Eduardo Gonzalez <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Fox, Kevin M
kolla installs it via containers.

Thanks,
Kevin

Re: Openstack zun on centos???

Ignazio Cassano
Thanks Kevin and Edoardo.
unfortunately I installed openstack using ansible playbooks and some projects are already in production.
PROBALY KOLLA MIGRATION MEANS OPENSTACK REINSTALLATION
;-(
Ignazio

Il giorno Mer 14 Nov 2018 20:00 Fox, Kevin M <[hidden email]> ha scritto:
kolla installs it via containers.

Thanks,
Kevin

Re: Openstack zun on centos???

Ignazio Cassano
Hello again,
I read zun documents very fastly.
After zun installation (with or without kolla) , do containers run directly in compute nodes or in virtual machines ?
Magnum can run them in both but Magnum seems very different.
Ignazio

Il giorno Mer 14 Nov 2018 20:00 Fox, Kevin M <[hidden email]> ha scritto:
kolla installs it via containers.

Thanks,
Kevin

Re: Openstack zun on centos???

Eduardo Gonzalez
Hello, zun will create the containers in the directly in the docker daemon associated as zun-compute node.

About installation, you can install zun with pip and configure manually. It will work no matter if is ubuntu or centos, maybe the packages required doesn't match between distributions, is a matter of try what dependency it have.

Regards

El mié., 14 nov. 2018 20:29, Ignazio Cassano <[hidden email]> escribió:
Hello again,
I read zun documents very fastly.
After zun installation (with or without kolla) , do containers run directly in compute nodes or in virtual machines ?
Magnum can run them in both but Magnum seems very different.
Ignazio

Il giorno Mer 14 Nov 2018 20:00 Fox, Kevin M <[hidden email]> ha scritto:
kolla installs it via containers.

Thanks,
Kevin

Re: Openstack zun on centos???

Hongbin Lu
Hi Edoardo,

It looks you gets your answer from others. I just want to add a few more comments. We (the Zun team) would like to have CentOS included in our installation guide and I have created a ticket for that: https://blueprints.launchpad.net/zun/+spec/installation-guide-for-centos . It will be picked up by contributors if someone interests to work on it. I expect the steps would be very similar as Ubuntu expect a few necessary tweaks.

Right now, there is no Debian or RPM packages for Zun so we instruct users to install from source, which might be a bit painful. I would like to see Zun included in distro packages and I will see if we can recruit contributors to work on that, or I will work on that myself.

Best regards,
Hongbin