Problem setting up Rally with Keystone V3

Problem setting up Rally with Keystone V3

Aleksander Okonski
Hello,

I am currently trying to set up Rally so that it will connect with an OpenStack deployment. I am able to set up Rally with no problem (via the install script) and I source the needed openrc file. Once that is set up I issue the command:

rally deployment create --fromenv --name=test

Rally sets up the deployment with no problems.
However once I try to run

rally deployment check

I get back the following error.

AuthenticationFailed: Failed to authenticate to https://--address--:5000/v3 for user '--user--' in project '--project--': Unauthorized: The request you have made requires authentication. (HTTP 401) (Request-ID: req-563529b8-36f1-4c7c-b376-b420bf6af8c5)

I believe I have found the cause of the problem to be that Rally does not pull in the PROJECT_ID environment variable when the deployment is created. When I run the OpenStack CLI with the same source file I can attach to the instance and get the proper behavior. But taking out the PROJECT_ID will cause the OpenStack CLI to produce the same error.

When I have tested Rally before and it was working with Keystone V2 however moving to the new deployment we have Keystone V3 running.

If any one has encountered a similar problem or could point me in the right direction I would really appreciate it.

OpenStack CLI version -- openstack 3.12.0
Rally version -- 0.10.1~dev17
Keystone -- V3

Best,
Aleksander

Re: Problem setting up Rally with Keystone V3

Boris Pavlovic
Aleksadner,

Yep you are right we don't import PROJECT_ID variable according to the code https://github.com/openstack/rally/blob/master/rally/cli/envutils.py#L91-L125
It's should be easy to fix patch, you are welcome to report bug and you can even fix it (seems like 1 line change).

Best regards,
Boris Pavlovic