Re: Asking for suggestion of video conference tool for team and webinar

Re: Asking for suggestion of video conference tool for team and webinar

Carlos Camacho
I used to use Skype a lot, and it's up to 25 people per call using the free version.

Cheers,
Carlos.

On Tue, Nov 6, 2018 at 2:36 PM Trinh Nguyen <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

I tried several free tools for team meetings, vPTG, and webinars but there are always drawbacks ( because it's free, of course). For example:
  • Google Hangout: only allow a maximum of 10 people to do the video calls
  • Zoom: limits about 45m per meeting. So for a webinar or conference call takes more than 45m we have to splits into 2 sessions or so.
If anyone in the community can suggest some better video conferencing tools, that would be great. So we can organize better communication for our team and the community's webinars.

Many thanks,

--
Trinh Nguyen

Re: Asking for suggestion of video conference tool for team and webinar

Arun Kumar Khan

On Tue, Nov 6, 2018 at 5:36 AM Trinh Nguyen <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

I tried several free tools for team meetings, vPTG, and webinars but there are always drawbacks ( because it's free, of course). For example:
  • Google Hangout: only allow a maximum of 10 people to do the video calls
  • Zoom: limits about 45m per meeting. So for a webinar or conference call takes more than 45m we have to splits into 2 sessions or so.
If anyone in the community can suggest some better video conferencing tools, that would be great. So we can organize better communication for our team and the community's webinars.

All good suggestions.

A couple of other options:

1. https://hubl.in -- open source i.e. you can host your own or use the hosted version at https://hubl.in/
2. Wire.com -- open source with mobile apps.

Let us know which solution works out for you.

-- Arun Khan

Re: Asking for suggestion of video conference tool for team and webinar

Trinh Nguyen
I just tried Jitsi and the experience was amazing! Thank everyone for the suggestion! :)

On Sat, Nov 17, 2018 at 9:59 AM Trinh Nguyen <[hidden email]> wrote:
Thank Thierry, Arun, and everybody for all the suggestions. My team will try these tools.