Setting up Openstack Swift

David Pusch
Hello Marcelo,
It is not on the same network, but accesses the proxy through a router that
has been natted to translate the external IP (213.178.68.200) to the
internal one.
Could this be the root of the Problem?
Regards,

David Pusch
------------------------------
btorch-os at zeroaccess.org

?Knowledge is the wings on which our aspirations take flight and soar. When
it comes to surfing and life if you know what to do you can do it. If you
desire anything become educated about it and succeed. ?

On Aug 18, 2011, at 9:25 AM, David Pusch wrote:

Hi,
the prior problem has been solved, I can start the proxy, and it works. But
now I can't upload files from a remote client. Uploading from the proxy
itself works fine when using "sudo swift -A
https://10.10.50.200:8080/auth/v1.0 -U system:root -K testpass download
myfiles test100mb", but wen doing the same from another server, it fails
with the following message: [Errno 111] ECONNREFUSED
This is my current proxyserver.conf:
[DEFAULT]
cert_file = /etc/swift/cert.crt
key_file = /etc/swift/cert.key
bind_port = 8080
workers = 8
user = swift

[pipeline:main]
pipeline = healthcheck cache tempauth proxy-server

[app:proxy-server]
use = egg:swift#proxy
allow_account_management = true

[filter:tempauth]
use = egg:swift#tempauth
user_system_root = testpass .admin https://10.10.50.200:8080/v1/AUTH_system

[filter:healthcheck]
use = egg:swift#healthcheck

[filter:cache]
use = egg:swift#memcache
memcache_servers = 10.10.50.200:11211

Please tell me which logs would help you, and I shall provide them.
Regards
David

--
David Pusch
Sent with Sparrow <http://www.sparrowmailapp.com/?sig>

On Mittwoch, 17. August 2011 at 22:43, Marcelo Martins wrote:

Hi David,

Please provide a bit more information.

- What version of swift
- proxy-server.conf
- what do they logs show ?

Marcelo Martins
Openstack-swift
btorch-os at zeroaccess.org

?Knowledge is the wings on which our aspirations take flight and soar. When
it comes to surfing and life if you know what to do you can do it. If you
desire anything become educated about it and succeed. ?

On Aug 16, 2011, at 4:45 AM, David Pusch wrote:

Hello all,
I'm having a bit of a problem setting up a Swift Cluster. The base
system is Ubuntu 10.04, and I have followed the steps laid down in
http://swift.openstack.org/howto_installmultinode.html, but I seem to
have done something wrong. When I run swift-init proxy start it says
that it is starting the proxy and assigning a new pid, but when i
ps/grep for it, nothing has happened. Also when I try to do the admin
test and run "curl -k -v -H 'X-Storage-User: system:root' -H
it can't connect. Netstat also shows nothing listening on port 8080.
If anyone of you could make something of this and point me in the
right direction, I would be very grateful.
Regards
David
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...

Setting up Openstack Swift

Marcelo Martins
Hi David,

Yes, that would be the problem. I don't use tempauth at all, but on the proxy-server config you have the StorageUrl for the account set to "https://10.10.50.200:8080/v1/AUTH_system"  .. So when you auth against swift, that's the storageUrl received back which is a private IP address.

So you have 213.178.68.200 <- > 10.10.50.200 ...
You could try creating another admin account for external usage

>> user_external_root = testpass .admin https://213.178.68.200:8080/v1/AUTH_external

See if that works ! I think that is correct for tempauth.

Try authenticating using curl first and make sure that the StorageURL returned will be reachable from your remote box. Then try using the swift tool.

Marcelo Martins
Openstack-swift
btorch-os at zeroaccess.org