Themed track in 2018 1st OpsMeetup

Shintaro Mizuno
Hi operators,

As discussed in the ops meetup team meeting [1], I like to ask the ML
whether having a themed track in OpsMeetup (in APAC early 2018) would be
a good idea to attract specific audiences (especially local audiences)
to come to the meetup.

The idea of themed track is to have a dedicated room for a specific
topic, which would relate to local business/cultural environment, to
have deeper discussion.

One idea that came out from the meeting was "Telecom track" which might
attract regional telcos such as China Mobile, SKTelecom, and NTT.

This is just a first idea, so please let us know your thoughts, ideas on
themed track in OpsMeetups in 2018.

I also like to remind ops in APAC region that call for proposal to host
the 1st OpsMeetup in 2018 is open [2].

[1]
http://eavesdrop.openstack.org/meetings/ops_meetup_team/2017/ops_meetup_team.2017-06-06-14.00.log.html
[2] https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/ops-meetup-venue-discuss-1st-2018

Regards,
Shintaro
--
Shintaro MIZUNO (水野伸太郎)
NTT Software Innovation Center

Re: Themed track in 2018 1st OpsMeetup

Curtis
On Thu, Jun 8, 2017 at 7:42 PM, Shintaro Mizuno
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi operators,
>
> As discussed in the ops meetup team meeting [1], I like to ask the ML
> whether having a themed track in OpsMeetup (in APAC early 2018) would be a
> good idea to attract specific audiences (especially local audiences) to come
> to the meetup.
>
> The idea of themed track is to have a dedicated room for a specific topic,
> which would relate to local business/cultural environment, to have deeper
> discussion.
>
> One idea that came out from the meeting was "Telecom track" which might
> attract regional telcos such as China Mobile, SKTelecom, and NTT.
>
> This is just a first idea, so please let us know your thoughts, ideas on
> themed track in OpsMeetups in 2018.

I think that this would be a great idea. But I am one of the few
operators on this list, AFAIK, that is working in the NFV area. That
said, I feel like the APAC region is really driving OpenStack + NFV
usage and is doing some of the most innovative work in the open source
area and I would be very interested to hear about what is happening.
This assumes there is a good number of people in attendance, but it
sounds like you think there would be enough people to merit a track.

So, a big +1 from me. :)

Thanks for putting this forward.

Thanks,
Curtis.

> I also like to remind ops in APAC region that call for proposal to host the
> 1st OpsMeetup in 2018 is open [2].
>
> [1]
> http://eavesdrop.openstack.org/meetings/ops_meetup_team/2017/ops_meetup_team.2017-06-06-14.00.log.html
> [2] https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/ops-meetup-venue-discuss-1st-2018
>
> Regards,
> Shintaro
> --
> Shintaro MIZUNO (水野伸太郎)
> NTT Software Innovation Center
> TEL: 0422-59-4977
> E-mail: [hidden email]

Blog: serverascode.com

Re: Themed track in 2018 1st OpsMeetup

Shintaro Mizuno
Thank you, Curtis!

Yes, I understand that there hasn't been many telcos in the OpsMeetup so
far, so I think we need some promotion effort anyways, IMHO.