[all] os-api-ref 1.4.0 about to hit upper-constraints

[all] os-api-ref 1.4.0 about to hit upper-constraints

Sean Dague-2
There were some changes in Sphinx 1.6.x that removed functions that
os-api-ref was using to warn for validation. Which meant that when
things failed instead of getting the warning you got a huge cryptic
stack trace. :(

Those are fixed in 1.4.0, however with the other changes in Sphinx about
how warnings work, I'm not 100% confident this is going to be smooth for
everyone. If you hit an issue in your api-ref building after this lands,
please pop up on #openstack-dev and we'll try to work through it.

        -Sean

--
Sean Dague
http://dague.net

Re: [all] os-api-ref 1.4.0 about to hit upper-constraints

Matt Riedemann-3
On 6/14/2017 6:01 AM, Sean Dague wrote:
> There were some changes in Sphinx 1.6.x that removed functions that
> os-api-ref was using to warn for validation. Which meant that when
> things failed instead of getting the warning you got a huge cryptic
> stack trace. :(

https://bugs.launchpad.net/openstack-doc-tools/+bug/1697736 if you want
the dirty details.

> Those are fixed in 1.4.0, however with the other changes in Sphinx about
> how warnings work, I'm not 100% confident this is going to be smooth for
> everyone. If you hit an issue in your api-ref building after this lands,
> please pop up on #openstack-dev and we'll try to work through it.
>
> -Sean

Matt