[all][stable][ptls] Tagging mitaka as EOL

123

[all][stable][ptls] Tagging mitaka as EOL

Tony Breeds
Hi all,
    I'm late in sending this announement, but I'm glad to see several projects
have already requested EOL releases to make it trivial and obvious where to
apply the tag.

I'm proposing to EOL all projects that meet one or more of the following
criteria:

- The project is openstack-dev/devstack, openstack-dev/grenade or
  openstack/requirements
- The project has the 'check-requirements' job listed as a template in
  project-config:zuul/layout.yaml
- The project gates with either devstack or grenade jobs
- The project is listed in governance:reference/projects.yaml and is tagged
  with 'stable:follows-policy'.

Some statistics:
All Repos                      : 1584 (covered in zuul/layout.yaml)
Checked Repos                  :  416 (match one or more of the above criteria)
Repos with mitaka branches     :  409
EOL Repos                      :  199 (repos that match the criteria *and* have
                                       a mitaka branch) [1]
NOT EOL Repos                  :  210 (repos with a mitaka branch but
                                       otherwise do not match) [2]
DSVM Repos (staying)           :   68 (repos that use dsvm but don't have
                                       mitaka branches)
Tagged Repos                   :    0
Open Reviews                   :  159 (reviews to close)

Please look over both lists by 2017-04-17 00:00 UTC and let me know if:
- A project is in list 1 and *really* *really* wants to opt *OUT* of EOLing and
  why.  Note doing this will amost certainly reduce the testing coverage you
  have in the gate.
- A project is in list 2 that would like to opt *IN* to tagging/EOLing

Any projects that will be EOL'd will need all open reviews abandoned before it
can be processed.  I'm very happy to do this, or if I don't have permissios to
do it ask a gerrit admin to do it.

Yours Tony.

[1] https://gist.github.com/tbreeds/c99e62bf8da19380e4eb130be8783be7#file-mitaka_eol_data-txt-L1
[2] https://gist.github.com/tbreeds/c99e62bf8da19380e4eb130be8783be7#file-mitaka_eol_data-txt-L209

Re: [all][stable][ptls] Tagging mitaka as EOL

Alex Schultz-2
On Wed, Apr 12, 2017 at 12:47 AM, Tony Breeds <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi all,
>     I'm late in sending this announement, but I'm glad to see several projects
> have already requested EOL releases to make it trivial and obvious where to
> apply the tag.
>
> I'm proposing to EOL all projects that meet one or more of the following
> criteria:
>
> - The project is openstack-dev/devstack, openstack-dev/grenade or
>   openstack/requirements
> - The project has the 'check-requirements' job listed as a template in
>   project-config:zuul/layout.yaml
> - The project gates with either devstack or grenade jobs
> - The project is listed in governance:reference/projects.yaml and is tagged
>   with 'stable:follows-policy'.
>
> Some statistics:
> All Repos                      : 1584 (covered in zuul/layout.yaml)
> Checked Repos                  :  416 (match one or more of the above criteria)
> Repos with mitaka branches     :  409
> EOL Repos                      :  199 (repos that match the criteria *and* have
>                                        a mitaka branch) [1]
> NOT EOL Repos                  :  210 (repos with a mitaka branch but
>                                        otherwise do not match) [2]
> DSVM Repos (staying)           :   68 (repos that use dsvm but don't have
>                                        mitaka branches)
> Tagged Repos                   :    0
> Open Reviews                   :  159 (reviews to close)
>
> Please look over both lists by 2017-04-17 00:00 UTC and let me know if:
> - A project is in list 1 and *really* *really* wants to opt *OUT* of EOLing and
>   why.  Note doing this will amost certainly reduce the testing coverage you
>   have in the gate.
> - A project is in list 2 that would like to opt *IN* to tagging/EOLing

Please EOL the Puppet OpenStack projects that have the stable/mitaka branch.

Thanks,
-Alex

> Any projects that will be EOL'd will need all open reviews abandoned before it
> can be processed.  I'm very happy to do this, or if I don't have permissios to
> do it ask a gerrit admin to do it.
>
> Yours Tony.
>
> [1] https://gist.github.com/tbreeds/c99e62bf8da19380e4eb130be8783be7#file-mitaka_eol_data-txt-L1
> [2] https://gist.github.com/tbreeds/c99e62bf8da19380e4eb130be8783be7#file-mitaka_eol_data-txt-L209

Re: [all][stable][ptls] Tagging mitaka as EOL

Andreas Jaeger
Please add openstack-manuals to the list for EOL,

Andreas
       HRB 21284 (AG Nürnberg)

Re: [all][stable][ptls] Tagging mitaka as EOL

gordon chung-2

On 12/04/17 02:47 AM, Tony Breeds wrote:
> Please look over both lists by 2017-04-17 00:00 UTC and let me know if:
> - A project is in list 1 and *really* *really* wants to opt *OUT* of EOLing and
>   why.  Note doing this will amost certainly reduce the testing coverage you
>   have in the gate.
> - A project is in list 2 that would like to opt *IN* to tagging/EOLing

i imagine you can EOL python-aodhclient and ceilometermiddleware. thanks
Tony!

cheers,

--
gord

On Wed, Apr 12, 2017 at 07:53:17AM -0600, Alex Schultz wrote:

> Please EOL the Puppet OpenStack projects that have the stable/mitaka branch.

Thanks Alex!  I've added:
openstack/puppet-aodh
openstack/puppet-ceilometer
openstack/puppet-cinder
openstack/puppet-designate
openstack/puppet-glance
openstack/puppet-gnocchi
openstack/puppet-heat
openstack/puppet-horizon
openstack/puppet-ironic
openstack/puppet-keystone
openstack/puppet-manila
openstack/puppet-mistral
openstack/puppet-murano
openstack/puppet-neutron
openstack/puppet-nova
openstack/puppet-openstack-integration
openstack/puppet-openstack_extras
openstack/puppet-openstack_spec_helper
openstack/puppet-openstacklib
openstack/puppet-sahara
openstack/puppet-swift
openstack/puppet-tempest
openstack/puppet-trove
openstack/puppet-vswitch
openstack/puppet-zaqar
openstack/puppet-midonet

To the list of projects/repos to EOL.  Note openstack/puppet-midonet isn't part
of the "Puppet OpenStack" project but I'm erring on the side of including it.

Yours Tony.

On Wed, Apr 12, 2017 at 04:06:36PM +0200, Andreas Jaeger wrote:
> Please add openstack-manuals to the list for EOL,

Thanks Added!

Yours Tony.

On Wed, Apr 12, 2017 at 02:27:22PM +0000, gordon chung wrote:
> i imagine you can EOL python-aodhclient and ceilometermiddleware. thanks

Thanks I've added those repos/projects.

Yours Tony.

On Wed, Apr 12, 2017 at 6:21 PM, Tony Breeds <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Wed, Apr 12, 2017 at 07:53:17AM -0600, Alex Schultz wrote:
>
>> Please EOL the Puppet OpenStack projects that have the stable/mitaka branch.
>
> Thanks Alex!  I've added:
> openstack/puppet-aodh
> openstack/puppet-ceilometer
> openstack/puppet-cinder
> openstack/puppet-designate
> openstack/puppet-glance
> openstack/puppet-gnocchi
> openstack/puppet-heat
> openstack/puppet-horizon
> openstack/puppet-ironic
> openstack/puppet-keystone
> openstack/puppet-manila
> openstack/puppet-mistral
> openstack/puppet-murano
> openstack/puppet-neutron
> openstack/puppet-nova
> openstack/puppet-openstack-integration
> openstack/puppet-openstack_extras
> openstack/puppet-openstack_spec_helper
> openstack/puppet-openstacklib
> openstack/puppet-sahara
> openstack/puppet-swift
> openstack/puppet-tempest
> openstack/puppet-trove
> openstack/puppet-vswitch
> openstack/puppet-zaqar
> openstack/puppet-midonet
>
> To the list of projects/repos to EOL.  Note openstack/puppet-midonet isn't part
> of the "Puppet OpenStack" project but I'm erring on the side of including it.

I would not include puppet-midonet without verification from those
devs. I believe it is still in use.

Thanks,
-Alex

> Yours Tony.

Re: [all][stable][ptls] Tagging mitaka as EOL

Andy McCrae-2
Hi Tony,

Please look over both lists by 2017-04-17 00:00 UTC and let me know if:
- A project is in list 1 and *really* *really* wants to opt *OUT* of EOLing and
  why.  Note doing this will amost certainly reduce the testing coverage you
  have in the gate.
- A project is in list 2 that would like to opt *IN* to tagging/EOLing

Any projects that will be EOL'd will need all open reviews abandoned before it
can be processed.  I'm very happy to do this, or if I don't have permissios to
do it ask a gerrit admin to do it.

Can the openstack-ansible repository be skipped until other repo's are EOL'd, please? The reason is that we'd like the mitaka-eol tag for OSA to point to the mitaka-eol tag of the appropriate upstream projects, in order for that to happen those tags need to exist. That would mean we need an extra week or so. This would just be for the openstack-ansible integrated repository, and not for all the other role repositories, those can be eol'd as normal.

For now I've gone ahead and abandoned open patches for the stable/mitaka branch on OSA repositories.

Thanks for the help!
Andy

On Thu, Apr 13, 2017 at 03:55:56PM +0100, Andy McCrae wrote:

> Can the openstack-ansible repository be skipped until other repo's are
> EOL'd, please? The reason is that we'd like the mitaka-eol tag for OSA to
> point to the mitaka-eol tag of the appropriate upstream projects, in order
> for that to happen those tags need to exist. That would mean we need an
> extra week or so. This would just be for the openstack-ansible integrated
> repository, and not for all the other role repositories, those can be eol'd
> as normal.

Yup no problem.  I'll modify my script to handle cycle-trailing projects
in a seperate pass.

> For now I've gone ahead and abandoned open patches for the stable/mitaka
> branch on OSA repositories.

Thanks

Yours Tony.

On Thu, Apr 13, 2017 at 08:20:50AM -0600, Alex Schultz wrote:

> I would not include puppet-midonet without verification from those
> devs. I believe it is still in use.

Okay I'll leave them in the NOT EOLing list.  I assumed that puppet-midonet
would just plain fail once there wasn't a stable/mitaka branch in the otehr
repos.

Yours Tony.

Re: [all][stable][ptls] Tagging mitaka as EOL

Sumit Naiksatam
Hi Tony, Kindly do not EOL openstack/group-based-policy, we are
maintaining this branch.

Thanks,
~Sumit.

On Thu, Apr 13, 2017 at 4:40 PM, Tony Breeds <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Thu, Apr 13, 2017 at 08:20:50AM -0600, Alex Schultz wrote:
>
>> I would not include puppet-midonet without verification from those
>> devs. I believe it is still in use.
>
> Okay I'll leave them in the NOT EOLing list.  I assumed that puppet-midonet
> would just plain fail once there wasn't a stable/mitaka branch in the otehr
> repos.
>
> Yours Tony.

Re: [all][stable][ptls] Tagging mitaka as EOL

Samuel Cassiba-2
Hi Tony,

I’m not the PTL, but I asked in our channel. You can EOL Chef OpenStack as well. Thanks!

--
Best,

Samuel Cassiba

On Thu, Apr 13, 2017 at 04:48:34PM -0700, Sumit Naiksatam wrote:
> Hi Tony, Kindly do not EOL openstack/group-based-policy, we are
> maintaining this branch.

Done.

Tony.

On Thu, Apr 13, 2017 at 04:58:12PM -0700, Samuel Cassiba wrote:
> Hi Tony,
>
> I’m not the PTL, but I asked in our channel. You can EOL Chef OpenStack as well. Thanks!

Cool.

I've added the Chef repos to the EOL list.

Yours Tony.

Re: [all][stable][ptls] Tagging mitaka as EOL

Brian Rosmaita-2
On 4/12/17 2:47 AM, Tony Breeds wrote:
> Hi all,
>     I'm late in sending this announement, but I'm glad to see several projects
> have already requested EOL releases to make it trivial and obvious where to
> apply the tag.
>
> I'm proposing to EOL all projects ...

Hi Tony, just wanted to give you a glance update.

We need to backport a fix to stable/mitaka glance_store and cut a
release before it gets EOL'd.  That will cascade back onto a need to cut
a new glance in stable/mitaka with the updated requirement.  We should
be able to get this done this week.

cheers,
brian

Re: [all][stable][ptls] Tagging mitaka as EOL

Emilien Macchi-4
On Wed, Apr 12, 2017 at 2:47 AM, Tony Breeds <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi all,
>     I'm late in sending this announement, but I'm glad to see several projects
> have already requested EOL releases to make it trivial and obvious where to
> apply the tag.
>
> I'm proposing to EOL all projects that meet one or more of the following
> criteria:
>
> - The project is openstack-dev/devstack, openstack-dev/grenade or
>   openstack/requirements
> - The project has the 'check-requirements' job listed as a template in
>   project-config:zuul/layout.yaml
> - The project gates with either devstack or grenade jobs
> - The project is listed in governance:reference/projects.yaml and is tagged
>   with 'stable:follows-policy'.
>
> Some statistics:
> All Repos                      : 1584 (covered in zuul/layout.yaml)
> Checked Repos                  :  416 (match one or more of the above criteria)
> Repos with mitaka branches     :  409
> EOL Repos                      :  199 (repos that match the criteria *and* have
>                                        a mitaka branch) [1]
> NOT EOL Repos                  :  210 (repos with a mitaka branch but
>                                        otherwise do not match) [2]
> DSVM Repos (staying)           :   68 (repos that use dsvm but don't have
>                                        mitaka branches)
> Tagged Repos                   :    0
> Open Reviews                   :  159 (reviews to close)
>
> Please look over both lists by 2017-04-17 00:00 UTC and let me know if:
> - A project is in list 1 and *really* *really* wants to opt *OUT* of EOLing and
>   why.  Note doing this will amost certainly reduce the testing coverage you
>   have in the gate.
> - A project is in list 2 that would like to opt *IN* to tagging/EOLing
>
> Any projects that will be EOL'd will need all open reviews abandoned before it
> can be processed.  I'm very happy to do this, or if I don't have permissios to
> do it ask a gerrit admin to do it.

Please EOL stable/mitaka for:
- instack-undercloud (and featureV2/juno/kilo old branches)
- tripleo-heat-templates (and icehouse)
- tripleo-puppet-elements
- puppet-tripleo
- tripleo-image-elements (just featureV2)
- python-tripleoclient
- tripleo-common

Thanks,

> Yours Tony.
>
> [1] https://gist.github.com/tbreeds/c99e62bf8da19380e4eb130be8783be7#file-mitaka_eol_data-txt-L1
> [2] https://gist.github.com/tbreeds/c99e62bf8da19380e4eb130be8783be7#file-mitaka_eol_data-txt-L209

Emilien Macchi

On Mon, Apr 17, 2017 at 09:55:51AM -0400, Brian Rosmaita wrote:

> On 4/12/17 2:47 AM, Tony Breeds wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >     I'm late in sending this announement, but I'm glad to see several projects
> > have already requested EOL releases to make it trivial and obvious where to
> > apply the tag.
> >
> > I'm proposing to EOL all projects ...
>
> Hi Tony, just wanted to give you a glance update.
>
> We need to backport a fix to stable/mitaka glance_store and cut a
> release before it gets EOL'd.  That will cascade back onto a need to cut
> a new glance in stable/mitaka with the updated requirement.  We should
> be able to get this done this week.
Okay, I'm a little worried that what you describe sounds like a minimum version
bump which isn't a thing we do on stable branches.  Do you have open reviews,
even if they're -W'd?

Yours Tony.

On Mon, Apr 17, 2017 at 1:03 PM, Emilien Macchi <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Wed, Apr 12, 2017 at 2:47 AM, Tony Breeds <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>     I'm late in sending this announement, but I'm glad to see several projects
>> have already requested EOL releases to make it trivial and obvious where to
>> apply the tag.
>>
>> I'm proposing to EOL all projects that meet one or more of the following
>> criteria:
>>
>> - The project is openstack-dev/devstack, openstack-dev/grenade or
>>   openstack/requirements
>> - The project has the 'check-requirements' job listed as a template in
>>   project-config:zuul/layout.yaml
>> - The project gates with either devstack or grenade jobs
>> - The project is listed in governance:reference/projects.yaml and is tagged
>>   with 'stable:follows-policy'.
>>
>> Some statistics:
>> All Repos                      : 1584 (covered in zuul/layout.yaml)
>> Checked Repos                  :  416 (match one or more of the above criteria)
>> Repos with mitaka branches     :  409
>> EOL Repos                      :  199 (repos that match the criteria *and* have
>>                                        a mitaka branch) [1]
>> NOT EOL Repos                  :  210 (repos with a mitaka branch but
>>                                        otherwise do not match) [2]
>> DSVM Repos (staying)           :   68 (repos that use dsvm but don't have
>>                                        mitaka branches)
>> Tagged Repos                   :    0
>> Open Reviews                   :  159 (reviews to close)
>>
>> Please look over both lists by 2017-04-17 00:00 UTC and let me know if:
>> - A project is in list 1 and *really* *really* wants to opt *OUT* of EOLing and
>>   why.  Note doing this will amost certainly reduce the testing coverage you
>>   have in the gate.
>> - A project is in list 2 that would like to opt *IN* to tagging/EOLing
>>
>> Any projects that will be EOL'd will need all open reviews abandoned before it
>> can be processed.  I'm very happy to do this, or if I don't have permissios to
>> do it ask a gerrit admin to do it.
>
> Please EOL stable/mitaka for:
> - instack-undercloud (and featureV2/juno/kilo old branches)
> - tripleo-heat-templates (and icehouse)
> - tripleo-puppet-elements
> - puppet-tripleo
> - tripleo-image-elements (just featureV2)
> - python-tripleoclient
> - tripleo-common

I'll take care of EOLing them, after reading latest email from Tony.
I would need some help from infra to remove the branches I mentioned ^
please (featureV2, juno, kilo, icehouse).

I'll keep you posted on my progress.

--
Emilien Macchi

On Mon, Apr 24, 2017 at 10:43 PM, Emilien Macchi <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Mon, Apr 17, 2017 at 1:03 PM, Emilien Macchi <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> On Wed, Apr 12, 2017 at 2:47 AM, Tony Breeds <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>> Hi all,
>>>     I'm late in sending this announement, but I'm glad to see several projects
>>> have already requested EOL releases to make it trivial and obvious where to
>>> apply the tag.
>>>
>>> I'm proposing to EOL all projects that meet one or more of the following
>>> criteria:
>>>
>>> - The project is openstack-dev/devstack, openstack-dev/grenade or
>>>   openstack/requirements
>>> - The project has the 'check-requirements' job listed as a template in
>>>   project-config:zuul/layout.yaml
>>> - The project gates with either devstack or grenade jobs
>>> - The project is listed in governance:reference/projects.yaml and is tagged
>>>   with 'stable:follows-policy'.
>>>
>>> Some statistics:
>>> All Repos                      : 1584 (covered in zuul/layout.yaml)
>>> Checked Repos                  :  416 (match one or more of the above criteria)
>>> Repos with mitaka branches     :  409
>>> EOL Repos                      :  199 (repos that match the criteria *and* have
>>>                                        a mitaka branch) [1]
>>> NOT EOL Repos                  :  210 (repos with a mitaka branch but
>>>                                        otherwise do not match) [2]
>>> DSVM Repos (staying)           :   68 (repos that use dsvm but don't have
>>>                                        mitaka branches)
>>> Tagged Repos                   :    0
>>> Open Reviews                   :  159 (reviews to close)
>>>
>>> Please look over both lists by 2017-04-17 00:00 UTC and let me know if:
>>> - A project is in list 1 and *really* *really* wants to opt *OUT* of EOLing and
>>>   why.  Note doing this will amost certainly reduce the testing coverage you
>>>   have in the gate.
>>> - A project is in list 2 that would like to opt *IN* to tagging/EOLing
>>>
>>> Any projects that will be EOL'd will need all open reviews abandoned before it
>>> can be processed.  I'm very happy to do this, or if I don't have permissios to
>>> do it ask a gerrit admin to do it.
>>
>> Please EOL stable/mitaka for:
>> - instack-undercloud (and featureV2/juno/kilo old branches)
>> - tripleo-heat-templates (and icehouse)
>> - tripleo-puppet-elements
>> - puppet-tripleo
>> - tripleo-image-elements (just featureV2)
>> - python-tripleoclient
>> - tripleo-common
>
> I'll take care of EOLing them, after reading latest email from Tony.
> I would need some help from infra to remove the branches I mentioned ^
> please (featureV2, juno, kilo, icehouse).
>
> I'll keep you posted on my progress.

EOLing for TripleO has been processed.
Big thanks to fungi & Ajaeger for their precious help here.

--
Emilien Macchi

123