baremetal provisioning

rsamprat
Hi
I have noticed that if i generate a baremetal image of 8G, it takes around 20-25 minutes for the deployment.  And, the entire disk image is built in the openstack server and then copied over. Isnt this a waste of time and space?  Should the image with the 8G (or 30G or 100G, whatever i want) be created in the openstack server, and the whole image copied?  Is there any other way, or is there a fix for this?  Can we not specify the image size and the image not be created, but /dev/sdx be created during boot time?

Thanks
Ravi