can't login to dashboard

Bryan Berry
I finally got an single node instance of Nova running following these
directions
http://wiki.openstack.org/SingleNodeNovaVagrantChef

unfortunately, I cannot login to the dashboard. this is frustrating because
I want to show to my manager that openstack is more than an awesome pipe
dream

I get this error:
Unexpected error: 'Settings' object has no attribute
'OPENSTACK_KEYSTONE_URL'

w/ the help of google, i found this commit
https://github.com/4P/openstack-dashboard/pull/13/files#diff-0

afaict, my system doesn't have a process listening on the old port (8080)
nor the new one (5000)

nor does   $ ps -ef | grep keystone   report anything

any advice would be most appreciated
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...

can't login to dashboard

Shang Wu-2
Hi Bryan,

I have used the documents from:

http://cssoss.wordpress.com/2011/04/27/openstack-beginners-guide-for-ubuntu-11-04-installation-and-configuration/

to setup the dashboard and it works fine. One tricky thing there is to
reverse the revision back to 46 before you run the sudo sh  run_tests.sh
command.

The way to reverse back to the previous revision in bzr is from the
/opt/osdb directory:

bzr revert -r 46

Cheers,

On 11-07-16 10:02 PM, Bryan Berry wrote:

> I finally got an single node instance of Nova running following these
> directions
> http://wiki.openstack.org/SingleNodeNovaVagrantChef
>
> unfortunately, I cannot login to the dashboard. this is frustrating because
> I want to show to my manager that openstack is more than an awesome pipe
> dream
>
> I get this error:
> Unexpected error: 'Settings' object has no attribute
> 'OPENSTACK_KEYSTONE_URL'
>
> w/ the help of google, i found this commit
> https://github.com/4P/openstack-dashboard/pull/13/files#diff-0
>
> afaict, my system doesn't have a process listening on the old port (8080)
> nor the new one (5000)
>
> nor does   $ ps -ef | grep keystone   report anything
>
> any advice would be most appreciated

Shang Wu

can't login to dashboard

Shaon
Hi Shang.

Did you try this on VirtualBox or  with three machines? is this tutorial
okay with virtualbox?

On Mon, Jul 18, 2011 at 9:19 AM, Shang Wu <shang at ubuntu.com> wrote:

> Hi Bryan,
>
> I have used the documents from:
>

> http://cssoss.wordpress.com/2011/04/27/openstack-beginners-guide-for-ubuntu-11-04-installation-and-configuration/
>
> to setup the dashboard and it works fine. One tricky thing there is to
> reverse the revision back to 46 before you run the sudo sh  run_tests.sh
> command.
>
> The way to reverse back to the previous revision in bzr is from the
> /opt/osdb directory:
>
> bzr revert -r 46
>
> Cheers,
>
> On 11-07-16 10:02 PM, Bryan Berry wrote:
> > I finally got an single node instance of Nova running following these
> > directions
> > http://wiki.openstack.org/SingleNodeNovaVagrantChef
> >
> > unfortunately, I cannot login to the dashboard. this is frustrating
> because
> > I want to show to my manager that openstack is more than an awesome pipe
> > dream
> >
> > I get this error:
> > Unexpected error: 'Settings' object has no attribute
> > 'OPENSTACK_KEYSTONE_URL'
> >
> > w/ the help of google, i found this commit
> > https://github.com/4P/openstack-dashboard/pull/13/files#diff-0
> >
> > afaict, my system doesn't have a process listening on the old port (8080)
> > nor the new one (5000)
> >
> > nor does   $ ps -ef | grep keystone   report anything
> >
> > any advice would be most appreciated

> Shang Wu

thanks
-shaon

http://mdshaonimran.wordpress.com
http://twitter.com/mdshaonimran
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...

can't login to dashboard

Shang Wu-2

Hi Shaon,

The tutorial should be good with Virtualbox as well. There is another
article running Openstack under VirtualBox:
http://uksysadmin.wordpress.com/2011/02/17/running-openstack-under-virtualbox-a-complete-guide/

Hope this help,

On 11-07-18 11:23 PM, Shaon wrote:

> Hi Shang.
>
> Did you try this on VirtualBox or  with three machines? is this tutorial
> okay with virtualbox?
>
> On Mon, Jul 18, 2011 at 9:19 AM, Shang Wu <shang at ubuntu.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi Bryan,
>>
>> I have used the documents from:
>>

>> http://cssoss.wordpress.com/2011/04/27/openstack-beginners-guide-for-ubuntu-11-04-installation-and-configuration/
>>
>> to setup the dashboard and it works fine. One tricky thing there is to
>> reverse the revision back to 46 before you run the sudo sh  run_tests.sh
>> command.
>>
>> The way to reverse back to the previous revision in bzr is from the
>> /opt/osdb directory:
>>
>> bzr revert -r 46
>>
>> Cheers,
>>
>> On 11-07-16 10:02 PM, Bryan Berry wrote:
>>> I finally got an single node instance of Nova running following these
>>> directions
>>> http://wiki.openstack.org/SingleNodeNovaVagrantChef
>>>
>>> unfortunately, I cannot login to the dashboard. this is frustrating
>> because
>>> I want to show to my manager that openstack is more than an awesome pipe
>>> dream
>>>
>>> I get this error:
>>> Unexpected error: 'Settings' object has no attribute
>>> 'OPENSTACK_KEYSTONE_URL'
>>>
>>> w/ the help of google, i found this commit
>>> https://github.com/4P/openstack-dashboard/pull/13/files#diff-0
>>>
>>> afaict, my system doesn't have a process listening on the old port (8080)
>>> nor the new one (5000)
>>>
>>> nor does   $ ps -ef | grep keystone   report anything
>>>
>>> any advice would be most appreciated

>> --
>> Shang Wu

- --
Shang Wu
Technical Account Manager
Cell:   +886.929.632.147
Office: +886.2.8729.6804
FAX:    +886.2.2723.9288
www.ubuntu.com
www.canonical.com

can't login to dashboard

Shaon
I was using this [
http://cssoss.wordpress.com/2011/04/27/openstack-beginners-guide-for-ubuntu-11-04-installation-and-configuration/]
 tutorial.
I also downloaded the revision 46 as it is mentioned in the tutorial. But
then again I was not able to login into the dashboard. It was showing
PYTHON_EGG_CACHE error. I fixed that with the file permission.

However, now I am trying to run the dashboard on apache+mysql. but I am
getting 500 *Internal Server Error*.

Any solution?