[ceilometer][gnocchi] some code not very understood

[ceilometer][gnocchi] some code not very understood

Jaze Lee
Hello,

   I think at line 416, we should remove some measures that already post at 390.
   Or may be i miss something?

   https://github.com/openstack/ceilometer/blob/master/ceilometer/publisher/gnocchi.py#L416

--
谦谦君子

Re: [ceilometer][gnocchi] some code not very understood

Julien Danjou
On Thu, Dec 07 2017, Jaze Lee wrote:

>    I think at line 416, we should remove some measures that already post at 390.
>    Or may be i miss something?
>
>    https://github.com/openstack/ceilometer/blob/master/ceilometer/publisher/gnocchi.py#L416

The code at L416 is only executed if L390 raises an exception.
So if L390 raises an exception, it has not complete. That's why it's
done again here.

--
Julien Danjou
# Free Software hacker

Re: [ceilometer][gnocchi] some code not very understood

Jaze Lee

> On Thu, Dec 07 2017, Jaze Lee wrote:
>
>>    I think at line 416, we should remove some measures that already post at 390.
>>    Or may be i miss something?
>>
>>    https://github.com/openstack/ceilometer/blob/master/ceilometer/publisher/gnocchi.py#L416
>
> The code at L416 is only executed if L390 raises an exception.
> So if L390 raises an exception, it has not complete. That's why it's
> done again here.
Yes. I misunderstand here. If there any exception in gnocchi api, it
won't store any measures.
Just after all resource, and all metrics are there, gnocchi will store
those measures. Am i right?

--
谦谦君子

Re: [ceilometer][gnocchi] some code not very understood

Julien Danjou
On Thu, Dec 07 2017, Jaze Lee wrote:

> Yes. I misunderstand here. If there any exception in gnocchi api, it
> won't store any measures.
> Just after all resource, and all metrics are there, gnocchi will store
> those measures. Am i right?

Yes.

--
Julien Danjou