[chef] Proposing Lance Albertson (Ramareth) for openstack-chef-core

[chef] Proposing Lance Albertson (Ramareth) for openstack-chef-core

Samuel Cassiba-2
Ohai!

In openstack-chef-land, we generally don't use the ML very often,
being so few; thus, when there's an occasion to send something, it
better be worth it.

I am proposing adding Lance Albertson (otherwise known as Ramareth on
IRC and most other places I frequent) to openstack-chef-core. In
another life, he is the Director of the OSU Open Source Lab.

That would bring our core count up to four, but it's just a mirage.
None of us can dedicate our full, or even quarter time to this
project, which already requires a certain level of exposure to not
only the nuances of Chef and Ruby, but the quirks of OpenStack and
Python. However, we do what we can, when we can, how we can.

Any feedback is welcome. If there are no reasons otherwise, Lance will
be added to the core group in a few days.

--
Best,
Samuel Cassiba

Re: [chef] Proposing Lance Albertson (Ramareth) for openstack-chef-core

Samuel Cassiba-2
On Tue, Aug 8, 2017 at 7:24 PM, Samuel Cassiba <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Ohai!
>
> In openstack-chef-land, we generally don't use the ML very often,
> being so few; thus, when there's an occasion to send something, it
> better be worth it.
>
> I am proposing adding Lance Albertson (otherwise known as Ramareth on
> IRC and most other places I frequent) to openstack-chef-core. In
> another life, he is the Director of the OSU Open Source Lab.
>
> That would bring our core count up to four, but it's just a mirage.
> None of us can dedicate our full, or even quarter time to this
> project, which already requires a certain level of exposure to not
> only the nuances of Chef and Ruby, but the quirks of OpenStack and
> Python. However, we do what we can, when we can, how we can.
>
> Any feedback is welcome. If there are no reasons otherwise, Lance will
> be added to the core group in a few days.
>
> --
> Best,
> Samuel Cassiba

After discussing on IRC, we have a unanimous approval. By the power of
greyskull, it is so. Welcome!

--
Best,
Samuel Cassiba

Re: [chef] Proposing Lance Albertson (Ramareth) for openstack-chef-core

Matthew Thode
On 17-08-08 19:24:41, Samuel Cassiba wrote:

> Ohai!
>
> In openstack-chef-land, we generally don't use the ML very often,
> being so few; thus, when there's an occasion to send something, it
> better be worth it.
>
> I am proposing adding Lance Albertson (otherwise known as Ramareth on
> IRC and most other places I frequent) to openstack-chef-core. In
> another life, he is the Director of the OSU Open Source Lab.
>
> That would bring our core count up to four, but it's just a mirage.
> None of us can dedicate our full, or even quarter time to this
> project, which already requires a certain level of exposure to not
> only the nuances of Chef and Ruby, but the quirks of OpenStack and
> Python. However, we do what we can, when we can, how we can.
>
> Any feedback is welcome. If there are no reasons otherwise, Lance will
> be added to the core group in a few days.
>
> --
> Best,
> Samuel Cassiba

I haven't worked with him in an openstack chef way, but I've worked with
him through the OSUOSL.  He's always been great to work with.  IIRC the
OSUOSL also uses chef to deploy openstack, so hopefully that helps with
some of the time concerns.

--
Matthew Thode (prometheanfire)