[etsinfv][neutron][gap-09]: No state for subnets

[etsinfv][neutron][gap-09]: No state for subnets

Csatari, Gergely (Nokia - HU/Budapest)

Hi,

During the discussions in NFV#20 about the subnet state we argeed, that we should remove the state from the specification of subnets in IFA005 and IFA006. This invalidates [GAP-09] in [1].

Br,

Gerg0

[1]: https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/ptg-denver-etsi-nfv-tst003-gaps-explained

Re: [etsinfv][neutron][gap-09]: No state for subnets

Gary Kotton-2

Hi,

Can you please elaborate more about the subnet state? FYI - https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Neutron/APIv2-specification#Subnet

Thanks

Gary

Re: [etsinfv][neutron][gap-09]: No state for subnets

Csatari, Gergely (Nokia - HU/Budapest)

Hi,

Well, curently there is an operationalState specified into the subnets in IFA005/IFA006, but it was not specified what should happen when a subnet is disabled. This is what was commented in the joint meeting between ETSI NFV and OpenStack in Denver. During the discussions to resolve this issue we considered the suggestion to remove the state completly and decided for the removal.

By he way I use the api-ref [1] more, than the wiki. I believe it contains better information and for me it looks better.

[1]: https://developer.openstack.org/api-ref/network/v2/#show-subnet-details

Br,

Gerg0