[fuel] stable branches maintenance

Denis Meltsaykin
Greetings everyone!

Since the development of fuel-related projects is currently not so active as it used to be, I want to propose a change in how we maintain stable branches.

-Motivation-
As for now to commit anything into a stable branch of a fuel-related project one should get at least one approval from a core developer in that project and another approval from the maintenance team. While this was a pretty good working workflow in the last couple of years, at the moment it slows down the maintenance of the stable branches due to reduced presence of core developers.

-Proposal-
I propose to grant CR+2 permissions in the stable branches to the fuel-stable-core [0] group, which represents the current maintenance team working on the stable branches.
Since the beginning the maintenance team is one of the most active contributors to the stable branches of fuel-* projects and is fully involved into the contribution process. I've prepared a commit [1] beforehand.

-Advantages-
Maintenance of the stable branches will become significantly better.

-Disadvantages-

--
Best regards,
Denis V. Meltsaykin

Re: [fuel] stable branches maintenance

Tony Breeds
On Thu, Jun 15, 2017 at 03:48:00PM +0300, Denis Meltsaykin wrote:

> Greetings everyone!
>
> Since the development of fuel-related projects is currently not so active
> as it used to be, I want to propose a change in how we maintain stable
> branches.
>
> -Motivation-
> As for now to commit anything into a stable branch of a fuel-related
> project one should get at least one approval from a core developer in that
> project and another approval from the maintenance team. While this was a
> pretty good working workflow in the last couple of years, at the moment it
> slows down the maintenance of the stable branches due to reduced presence
> of core developers.
>
> -Proposal-
> I propose to grant CR+2 permissions in the stable branches to the
> fuel-stable-core [0] group, which represents the current maintenance team
> working on the stable branches.
> Since the beginning the maintenance team is one of the most active
> contributors to the stable branches of fuel-* projects and is fully
> involved into the contribution process. I've prepared a commit [1]
> beforehand.
>
> -Advantages-
> Maintenance of the stable branches will become significantly better.
With my stable hat on I endorse this plan.  I suggest you include the
stable-maint-core [
https://review.openstack.org/#/admin/groups/530,members ] group. but
that's entirely optional at this point.

Yours Tony.