[heat][ceilometer] autoscaling

sara
hey there,

Please I wanna know if their is anyway I can have cpu, ram and network meters for each VM returned by ceilometer to heat for autoscaling tasks?

In advance, thank you for your response,
Sara

Re: [heat][ceilometer] autoscaling

Zane Bitter
On 06/05/15 08:25, ICHIBA Sara wrote:
> hey there,
>
> Please I wanna know if their is anyway I can have cpu, ram and network
> meters for each VM returned by ceilometer to heat for autoscaling tasks?
>
> In advance, thank you for your response,
> Sara

The openstack-dev list is for discussing future development plans for
OpenStack only. For questions about how to use OpenStack, you can post
to the regular [hidden email] list, but it's usually
better to use http://ask.openstack.org/

cheers,
Zane.

回复: [heat][ceilometer] autoscaling

Luo Gangyi
I don't understand what you mean.

Firstly, ceilometer doesn't return meters or samples to heat. In fact, heat configures an alarm in ceilometer and the action of this alarm
is to send a REST to heat. When heat gets this REST, it triggers autoscalling.

Besides, you can use #ceilometer alarm-list to see what alarm heat configures, then you could run #ceilometer query-sample to see the meter and sample.

Hope it helps.
Luo Gangyi