[heat]: stack stays interminably under the status create in progress

[heat]: stack stays interminably under the status create in progress

sara
Hello there,

I started a project where I need to deploy stacks and orchastrate them using heat (autoscaling and so on..). I just started playing with heat and the creation of my first stack is never complete. It stays in the status create in progress. My log files don't say much. For my template i'm using a veery simple one to launch a small instance.

Any ideas what that might be?

In advance, thank you for your response.
sara,

Re: [heat]: stack stays interminably under the status create in progress

Pavlo Shchelokovskyy
Hi Sara,

first, what version of OpenStack are you using? Second, could you provide us with actual template that exhibits such behavior and the way it was launched (Dashboard or CLI, with which parameters and other arguments)? Would be much easier for us to reason about possible failure scenarios.

Best regards,

Dr. Pavlo Shchelokovskyy
Senior Software Engineer
Mirantis Inc

On Tue, May 5, 2015 at 4:02 PM, ICHIBA Sara <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hello there,

I started a project where I need to deploy stacks and orchastrate them using heat (autoscaling and so on..). I just started playing with heat and the creation of my first stack is never complete. It stays in the status create in progress. My log files don't say much. For my template i'm using a veery simple one to launch a small instance.

Any ideas what that might be?

In advance, thank you for your response.
sara,

Re: [heat]: stack stays interminably under the status create in progress

Qiming Teng
BTW, you may want to post your questions on using Heat to
[hidden email] and/or https://ask.openstack.org, instead
of this mailinglist.

 - QM