[horizon] A Monitoring panel plugin for Horizon

[horizon] A Monitoring panel plugin for Horizon

Gökhan IŞIK (BİLGEM BTE)
Hi all,

We are happy to share with you that we developed an AngularJS based usage monitoring panel for Horizon.
The panel visualizes the collected utilization data by Ceilometer.

Source code is now available on github [1].

The plugin consists of 3 panels; a monitoring panel for users, a project monitoring panel and a hypervisor monitoring panel for admins.

A user can display utilization charts for the current project's instances, export the metrics in csv format and launch alarms using the dashboard.
We have another service to capture these alarms and send notification e-mails to the cloud users which is also available on github.com/b3lab.
An admin can display projects' utilization charts, export the metrics in csv format in Project Monitor panel. And the Hypervisor Monitor panel is to visualize SNMP based metrics collected from hypervisors.

We are currently improving some features.

Some screenshots published at our website [2]. We also uploaded two videos showing some features of the plugin [3][4].

All comments and ideas are welcome!

[1] https://github.com/b3lab/safir_monitor_dashboard

Gökhan Işık
TÜBİTAK BİLGEM B3LAB

Re: [horizon] A Monitoring panel plugin for Horizon

Julien Danjou
On Tue, Aug 01 2017, Gökhan IŞIK (BİLGEM BTE) wrote:

Hi,

> We are happy to share with you that we developed an AngularJS based usage
> monitoring panel for Horizon.
> The panel visualizes the collected utilization data by Ceilometer.
>
> Source code is now available on github [1].
>
> The plugin consists of 3 panels; a monitoring panel for users, a project
> monitoring panel and a hypervisor monitoring panel for admins.
>
> A user can display utilization charts for the current project's instances,
> export the metrics in csv format and launch alarms using the dashboard.
> We have another service to capture these alarms and send notification e-mails
> to the cloud users which is also available on github.com/b3lab.
> An admin can display projects' utilization charts, export the metrics in csv
> format in Project Monitor panel. And the Hypervisor Monitor panel is to
> visualize SNMP based metrics collected from hypervisors.
>
> We are currently improving some features.
>
> Some screenshots published at our website [2]. We also uploaded two videos
> showing some features of the plugin [3][4].
>
> All comments and ideas are welcome!
Did you build all of this against the deprecated Ceilometer API rather
than Gnocchi? :(

--
Julien Danjou
;; Free Software hacker

Re: [horizon] A Monitoring panel plugin for Horizon

Gökhan IŞIK (BİLGEM BTE)
Hi Julien,
We developed the monitor dashboard to use it on our private cloud in the first place. We have Mitaka release and we use MongoDB with Ceilometer. But you are right, we can update the api to use Gnocchi. This release currently supports one day monitoring, when we add Gnocchi api support we can add weekly and monthly monitoring options. Thanks.

Kimden: "Julien Danjou" <[hidden email]>
Kime: "Gökhan IŞIK (BİLGEM BTE)" <[hidden email]>
Kk: [hidden email]
Gönderilenler: 11 Ağustos Cuma 2017 15:29:17
Konu: Re: [openstack-dev] [horizon] A Monitoring panel plugin for Horizon

Kimden: "Gökhan IŞIK (BİLGEM BTE)" <[hidden email]>
Kime: "Julien Danjou" <[hidden email]>
Kk: [hidden email]
Gönderilenler: 14 Ağustos Pazartesi 2017 9:34:51

Kimden: "Julien Danjou" <[hidden email]>
Kime: "Gökhan IŞIK (BİLGEM BTE)" <[hidden email]>
Kk: [hidden email]

Kimden: "Gökhan IŞIK (BİLGEM BTE)" <[hidden email]>