[ironic][nova] Goodbye^W See you later

Jim Rollenhagen
Hey friends,

I've been mostly missing for the past six weeks while looking for a new job, so maybe you've forgotten me already, maybe not. I'm happy to tell you I've found one that I think is a great opportunity for me. But, I'm sad to tell you that it's totally outside of the OpenStack community.

The last 3.5 years have been amazing. I'm extremely grateful that I've been able to work in this community - I've learned so much and met so many awesome people. I'm going to miss the insane(ly awesome) level of collaboration, the summits, the PTGs, and even some of the bikeshedding. We've built amazing things together, and I'm sure y'all will continue to do so without me.

I'll still be lurking in #openstack-dev and #openstack-ironic for a while, if people need me to drop a -2 or dictate old knowledge or whatever, feel free to ping me. Or if you just want to chat. :)

<3 jroll

P.S. obviously my core permissions should be dropped now :P

Re: [ironic][nova] Goodbye^W See you later

Pavlo Shchelokovskyy
Jim,

very sad to see you go :( Undeniably you played a major part in ironic and its community becoming what they are today - an awesome project made by awesome people.

Hopefully we'll have a chance to work together again someday :)

All the best in your new endeavors,
Pavlo.

On Thu, Jun 8, 2017 at 4:00 PM, milanisko k <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Ed Leafe-2
On Jun 8, 2017, at 7:45 AM, Jim Rollenhagen <[hidden email]> wrote:

I've been mostly missing for the past six weeks while looking for a new job, so maybe you've forgotten me already, maybe not. I'm happy to tell you I've found one that I think is a great opportunity for me. But, I'm sad to tell you that it's totally outside of the OpenStack community.

Glad you found something new and interesting. I’m sure you’ll continue to do great things there!

-- Ed Leafe

Re: [ironic][nova] Goodbye^W See you later

Sylvain Bauza-5

Le 08/06/2017 14:45, Jim Rollenhagen a écrit :

> Hey friends,
>
> I've been mostly missing for the past six weeks while looking for a new
> job, so maybe you've forgotten me already, maybe not. I'm happy to tell
> you I've found one that I think is a great opportunity for me. But, I'm
> sad to tell you that it's totally outside of the OpenStack community.
>
> The last 3.5 years have been amazing. I'm extremely grateful that I've
> been able to work in this community - I've learned so much and met so
> many awesome people. I'm going to miss the insane(ly awesome) level of
> collaboration, the summits, the PTGs, and even some of the bikeshedding.
> We've built amazing things together, and I'm sure y'all will continue to
> do so without me.
>
> I'll still be lurking in #openstack-dev and #openstack-ironic for a
> while, if people need me to drop a -2 or dictate old knowledge or
> whatever, feel free to ping me. Or if you just want to chat. :)
>
> <3 jroll
>
> P.S. obviously my core permissions should be dropped now :P

I'm both sad and happy for you. Mixed feelings but I do think you are
definitly a very good soft and hard skilled person.
Best luck in your next position.

-Sylvain

Re: [ironic][nova] Goodbye^W See you later

Navare, Anup D

Jim,

Wish you good luck for your new venture.

-Anup

Re: [ironic][nova] Goodbye^W See you later

Christopher.Dearborn

Congrats on your new gig Jim, and best of luck!

Chris D

Re: [ironic][nova] Goodbye^W See you later

phuongnh@vn.fujitsu.com

Hi Jim, good luck to you. Remember the time we discussed right after you waked up in the morning. :)

Phuong.

Re: [ironic][nova] Goodbye^W See you later

ChangBo Guo
Jim,
 Though I wasn't involved Ironic too much,  I know you're one of the best Ironicer.
  Good luck!

Hi Jim, good luck to you. Remember the time we discussed right after you waked up in the morning. :)

Phuong.

Re: [ironic][nova] Goodbye^W See you later

Zhenguo Niu
Thanks for everything jroll and best wishes on your new endeavors!

On Thu, Jun 8, 2017 at 8:45 PM, Jim Rollenhagen <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Best Regards,
Zhenguo Niu

Re: [ironic][nova] Goodbye^W See you later

Dmitry Tantsur
Sigh.

Jim, you're on of the brightest people I've ever worked with. The project will
definitely have hard time recovering from the loss, and so will I personally.
Thank you for your great patches, discussions, for your leadership during your
times as a PTL.

I heartily wish you the very best of luck with your new challenges, and please
don't disappear :)

On 06/08/2017 02:45 PM, Jim Rollenhagen wrote:

> Hey friends,
>
> I've been mostly missing for the past six weeks while looking for a new job, so
> maybe you've forgotten me already, maybe not. I'm happy to tell you I've found
> one that I think is a great opportunity for me. But, I'm sad to tell you that
> it's totally outside of the OpenStack community.
>
> The last 3.5 years have been amazing. I'm extremely grateful that I've been able
> to work in this community - I've learned so much and met so many awesome people.
> I'm going to miss the insane(ly awesome) level of collaboration, the summits,
> the PTGs, and even some of the bikeshedding. We've built amazing things
> together, and I'm sure y'all will continue to do so without me.
>
> I'll still be lurking in #openstack-dev and #openstack-ironic for a while, if
> people need me to drop a -2 or dictate old knowledge or whatever, feel free to
> ping me. Or if you just want to chat. :)
>
> <3 jroll
>
> P.S. obviously my core permissions should be dropped now :P

Sure, sure. I'm getting used to doing it :(

Re: [ironic][nova] Goodbye^W See you later

Monty Taylor
On 06/08/2017 07:45 AM, Jim Rollenhagen wrote:

> Hey friends,
>
> I've been mostly missing for the past six weeks while looking for a new
> job, so maybe you've forgotten me already, maybe not. I'm happy to tell
> you I've found one that I think is a great opportunity for me. But, I'm
> sad to tell you that it's totally outside of the OpenStack community.
>
> The last 3.5 years have been amazing. I'm extremely grateful that I've
> been able to work in this community - I've learned so much and met so
> many awesome people. I'm going to miss the insane(ly awesome) level of
> collaboration, the summits, the PTGs, and even some of the bikeshedding.
> We've built amazing things together, and I'm sure y'all will continue to
> do so without me.
>
> I'll still be lurking in #openstack-dev and #openstack-ironic for a
> while, if people need me to drop a -2 or dictate old knowledge or
> whatever, feel free to ping me. Or if you just want to chat. :)

I'm sad to see you go. You will definitely be missed.

Thank you for all of your amazing hard work over the last 3.5 years, and
good luck with your next adventure!

Monty

Re: [ironic][nova] Goodbye^W See you later

Melvin Hillsman

No words can express, will try to keep in touch, and congratulations on your new adventure sir! Continue to be a great influence and valued member of your new team.

On Thu, Jun 8, 2017 at 7:45 AM, Jim Rollenhagen <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Kind regards,

Melvin Hillsman
[hidden email]
mobile: (832) 264-2646

Learner | Ideation | Belief | Responsibility | Command

Re: [ironic][nova] Goodbye^W See you later

Thierry Carrez
Jim Rollenhagen wrote:
> I've been mostly missing for the past six weeks while looking for a new
> job, so maybe you've forgotten me already, maybe not. I'm happy to tell
> you I've found one that I think is a great opportunity for me. But, I'm
> sad to tell you that it's totally outside of the OpenStack community.

You mean there are great opportunities /outside/ the OpenStack
community? Blasphemy!

More seriously, you will be missed. Also, you can come back anytime! We
recently saw a rise in organizations using OpenStack that want to get
involved upstream, and your awesome mix of development and operational
experience would be a boon to them ;)

--
Thierry Carrez (ttx)

Re: [ironic][nova] Goodbye^W See you later

John Villalovos
Just getting back from vacation and I read this :(

So sorry to see you go. Thank you for all your help over the years with Ironic and helping me with Ironic!

Best of luck with your new work. Your new employer is very lucky!

John

On Thu, Jun 8, 2017 at 5:45 AM, Jim Rollenhagen <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Mike Perez
On 08:45 Jun 08, Jim Rollenhagen wrote:

> Hey friends,
>
> I've been mostly missing for the past six weeks while looking for a new
> job, so maybe you've forgotten me already, maybe not. I'm happy to tell you
> I've found one that I think is a great opportunity for me. But, I'm sad to
> tell you that it's totally outside of the OpenStack community.
>
> The last 3.5 years have been amazing. I'm extremely grateful that I've been
> able to work in this community - I've learned so much and met so many
> awesome people. I'm going to miss the insane(ly awesome) level of
> collaboration, the summits, the PTGs, and even some of the bikeshedding.
> We've built amazing things together, and I'm sure y'all will continue to do
> so without me.
>
> I'll still be lurking in #openstack-dev and #openstack-ironic for a while,
> if people need me to drop a -2 or dictate old knowledge or whatever, feel
> free to ping me. Or if you just want to chat. :)
Really appreciated your time as PTL, and congrats on the future.

--
Mike Perez

Re: [ironic][nova] Goodbye^W See you later

Emilien Macchi-4
On Thu, Jun 8, 2017 at 8:45 AM, Jim Rollenhagen <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hey friends,
>
> I've been mostly missing for the past six weeks while looking for a new job,
> so maybe you've forgotten me already, maybe not. I'm happy to tell you I've
> found one that I think is a great opportunity for me. But, I'm sad to tell
> you that it's totally outside of the OpenStack community.
>
> The last 3.5 years have been amazing. I'm extremely grateful that I've been
> able to work in this community - I've learned so much and met so many
> awesome people. I'm going to miss the insane(ly awesome) level of
> collaboration, the summits, the PTGs, and even some of the bikeshedding.
> We've built amazing things together, and I'm sure y'all will continue to do
> so without me.
>
> I'll still be lurking in #openstack-dev and #openstack-ironic for a while,
> if people need me to drop a -2 or dictate old knowledge or whatever, feel
> free to ping me. Or if you just want to chat. :)
>
> <3 jroll

I confirm what others said: you'll be missed for sure.

I wanted to personally thank you for your help and involvement on many
topics that make OpenStack better.
Enjoy the next things ;-)

> P.S. obviously my core permissions should be dropped now :P

Emilien Macchi

Re: [ironic][nova] Goodbye^W See you later

Matt Riedemann-3
On 6/8/2017 7:45 AM, Jim Rollenhagen wrote:

> Hey friends,
>
> I've been mostly missing for the past six weeks while looking for a new
> job, so maybe you've forgotten me already, maybe not. I'm happy to tell
> you I've found one that I think is a great opportunity for me. But, I'm
> sad to tell you that it's totally outside of the OpenStack community.
>
> The last 3.5 years have been amazing. I'm extremely grateful that I've
> been able to work in this community - I've learned so much and met so
> many awesome people. I'm going to miss the insane(ly awesome) level of
> collaboration, the summits, the PTGs, and even some of the bikeshedding.
> We've built amazing things together, and I'm sure y'all will continue to
> do so without me.
>
> I'll still be lurking in #openstack-dev and #openstack-ironic for a
> while, if people need me to drop a -2 or dictate old knowledge or
> whatever, feel free to ping me. Or if you just want to chat. :)
>
> <3 jroll
>
> P.S. obviously my core permissions should be dropped now :P

How can you drop a -2 if you don't have core anymore Jim?!

Good luck on the new position. We'll miss you around the nova channel.
We were just talking today about how much better you made the
nova/ironic interaction for users and operators, and developers by
bridging the gap on both sides.

Matt

Re: [ironic][nova] Goodbye^W See you later

Loo, Ruby

I was hoping that if I ignored this, it wouldn't be true. Who am I kidding... sigh... sob...

Good bye Jim, last of the Js (Josh, Jay) from Rackspace, thank you for IPA, for sacrificing yourself and being PTL, for sacrificing yourself and talking to the nova folks :-), and for everything else you brought to ironic!

Needless to say, I have, and will, miss you.

Good luck Jim, I know you'll go on to do great things!

--ruby