[ironic] this week's priorities and subteam reports

[ironic] this week's priorities and subteam reports

Yeleswarapu, Ramamani
Hi,

We are glad to present this week's priorities and subteam report for Ironic. As usual, this is pulled directly from the Ironic whiteboard[0] and formatted.

This Week's Priorities (as of the weekly ironic meeting)
1. booting from volume:
    1.1. the next patch: https://review.openstack.org/#/c/406290
2. driver composition documentation:
    2.1. explaining the defaults: https://review.openstack.org/466741
    2.2. ipmi docs update: https://review.openstack.org/466734
3. OSC commands for ironic driver-related commands
    3.1. finish and review the spec: https://review.openstack.org/#/c/439907/

Bugs (dtantsur, vdrok, TheJulia)
--------------------------------
- Stats (diff between 15 May 2017 and 22 May 2017)
- Ironic: 243 bugs (-9) + 251 wishlist items. 24 new (+3), 191 in progress (-9), 0 critical, 26 high and 32 incomplete
- Inspector: 12 bugs + 28 wishlist items. 3 new (+2), 12 in progress (-2), 0 critical, 1 high (-1) and 3 incomplete
- Nova bugs with Ironic tag: 12 (+1). 2 new, 0 critical, 0 high

Essential Priorities
====================

CI refactoring and missing test coverage
- Standalone CI tests (vsaienk0)
    - next patch to be reviewed: https://review.openstack.org/#/c/429770/
- Missing test coverage (all)
    - portgroups and attach/detach tempest tests: https://review.openstack.org/382476
    - local boot with partition images: TODO https://bugs.launchpad.net/ironic/+bug/1531149
    - adoption: https://review.openstack.org/#/c/344975/
        - should probably be changed to use standalone tests

Generic boot-from-volume (TheJulia, dtantsur)
- specs and blueprints:
    - http://specs.openstack.org/openstack/ironic-specs/specs/approved/volume-connection-information.html
        - code: https://review.openstack.org/#/q/topic:bug/1526231
    - http://specs.openstack.org/openstack/ironic-specs/specs/approved/boot-from-volume-reference-drivers.html
        - code: https://review.openstack.org/#/q/topic:bug/1559691
    - https://blueprints.launchpad.net/nova/+spec/ironic-boot-from-volume
        - code: https://review.openstack.org/#/q/topic:bp/ironic-boot-from-volume
- status as of most recent weekly meeting:
    - mjturek is working on getting together devstack config updates/script changes in order to support this configuration No updates
        - hshiina uploaded some devstack patches [See etherpad]
    - hshiina is looking in Nova side changes and is attempting to obtain clarity on some of the issues that tenant network separation introduced into the deployment workflow.
    - Patch/note tracking etherpad: https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/Ironic-BFV
        Ironic Patches:
            https://review.openstack.org/#/c/406290 Wiring in attach/detach operations
            https://review.openstack.org/#/c/413324 iPXE template
            https://review.openstack.org/#/c/454243/ - WIP logic changes for deployment process.  Tenant network separation introduced some additional complexity, quick conceptual feedback requested.
            https://review.openstack.org/#/c/214586/ - Volume Connection Information Rest API Change
        Additional patches exist, for python-ironicclient and one for nova.  Links in the patch/note tracking etherpad.

Rolling upgrades and grenade-partial (rloo, jlvillal)
- spec approved; code patches: https://review.openstack.org/#/q/topic:bug/1526283
- status as of most recent weekly meeting:
    - Based on feedback from vdrok and jlvillal, rloo is rethinking/reworking the next patch to see if it can be simplified: 'Add version column' https://review.openstack.org/#/c/412397/
    - Testing work: done as per spec, but rloo wants to ask vasyl whether we can improve. grenade test will do upgrade so we have old API sending requests to old and/or new conductor, but rloo doesn't think there is anything to control -which- conductor handles the request, so what if old conductor handles all the requests?

Reference architecture guide (jroll, dtantsur)
- no updates, dtantsur plans to start working on some text for the install-guide this week

Python 3.5 compatibility (Nisha, Ankit)
---------------------------------------
- Topic: https://review.openstack.org/#/q/topic:goal-python35+NOT+project:openstack/governance+NOT+project:openstack/releases
    - this include all projects, not only ironic
    - please tag all reviews with topic "goal-python35"
- Nisha will be taking over this work
- Status as on May 18.
    - Raised a patch in devstack for enabling swift and ironic for python3.5. https://review.openstack.org/#/c/464932/
    - Swift is not completely compatible with python3.5. Getting error while installing devstack. Raised a bug in swift https://bugs.launchpad.net/swift/+bug/1691090
- Status as on May29.
Raised a patch in openstack-infra for disabling swift in experimental gate as swift is still not compatible for py3.5.https://review.openstack.org/467538
other patches for experimental gates are not merging as core reviewers are asking to add the python3 builder in running gates instead of duplicating them in project--config project.. https://review.openstack.org/462487, https://review.openstack.org/462695, https://review.openstack.org/462701 and https://review.openstack.org/462706

Deploying with Apache and WSGI in CI (vsaienk0)
- ironic part seems finished (needs double-checking)
    - do we have install-guide bits on how to do it?
- inspector is TODO and depends on https://review.openstack.org/#/q/topic:bg/1525218

Driver composition (dtantsur, jroll)
------------------------------------
- spec: http://specs.openstack.org/openstack/ironic-specs/specs/approved/driver-composition-reform.html
- gerrit topic: https://review.openstack.org/#/q/status:open+topic:bug/1524745
- status as of 29 May 2017:
    - install guide / admin guide docs
        - ipmi docs update: https://review.openstack.org/466734
        - explaining defaults calculation: https://review.openstack.org/466741
        - upgrading to hardware types: TODO
        - dev docs: TODO
    - new hardware types:
        - we need volunteers for SNMP
        - rpioso volunteered to do drac
    - future of the driver properties API spec:
        - https://review.openstack.org/#/c/439907/
    - dtantsur started a spec on the classic drivers deprecation:
        - https://review.openstack.org/#/c/464046/
            - needs addressing comments

Feature parity between two CLIs (rloo, dtantsur)
- OSC driver-properties spec is work in progress: https://review.openstack.org/#/c/439907/
    - we don't have API to show driver properties for dynamic drivers (we show hardware type + default interfaces): https://bugs.launchpad.net/ironic/+bug/1671549. This should not be a blocker for the missing OSC commands but since this will also need OSC support, it might have an impact on the OSC commands we eventually decide on. Discussed in last week's meetup, starting around L137: https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/ironic-virtual-meetup
    - no update this week

OSC default API version change (dtantsur)
- 29 May 2017 update
    - spec merged: http://specs.openstack.org/openstack/ironic-specs/specs/not-implemented/cli-default-api-version.html
    - OSC CLI patch is up, passing unit and functional tests  https://review.openstack.org/#/c/442153/
        - needs updating to match the recent spec changes (mostly wording of the deprecation message)

node tags (zhenguo, vdrok)
--------------------------
- spec: http://specs.openstack.org/openstack/ironic-specs/specs/approved/nodes-tagging.html
- topic: https://review.openstack.org/#/q/topic:bug/1526266
- status as of 29 May 2017:
    - code needs rebasing

High Priorities
===============

Rescue mode (stendulker/aparnav)
--------------------------------
- spec: http://specs.openstack.org/openstack/ironic-specs/specs/approved/implement-rescue-mode.html
- code: https://review.openstack.org/#/q/topic:bug/1526449+status:open
- 4/10 update
    - Current goal: get tempest test for rescue passing against CoreOS w/DHCP
    - API/conductor and rescuewait timeout patches up to date
    - Agent driver still needs some work, today's update broke something
- any updates here?

Post-deploy VIF attach/detach (sambetts, vsaienk0)
- blueprint: https://blueprints.launchpad.net/nova/+spec/ironic-hotplug-interfaces
- gerrit topic (nova): https://review.openstack.org/#/q/topic:bp/ironic-plug-unplug-vifs-update
- Nova side https://review.openstack.org/#/c/419975/

Physical network awareness (sambetts, vsaienk0)
- spec: http://specs.openstack.org/openstack/ironic-specs/specs/not-implemented/physical-network-awareness.html
- Physical network awareness implementation
    - Port data model: https://review.openstack.org/#/c/461301/
    - OSC: https://review.openstack.org/#/c/461893
    - Minor update to spec: https://review.openstack.org/#/c/464644/
    - Physical network-aware port mapping: in development
- networking-baremetal initial patches
    - https://review.openstack.org/448073
    - https://review.openstack.org/448157
    - https://review.openstack.org/450714
- Routed networks support (sambetts, vsaienk0)
    - Dependant on physnet awareness
    - networking-baremetal initial patches
        - https://review.openstack.org/#/c/456235/
    - RFE: https://bugs.launchpad.net/ironic/+bug/1658964
        - needs approval?
        - Not sure if we need an RFE I think all work is in the networking-baremetal repo.

Neutron event processing (vdrok, vsaienk0)
- spec at https://review.openstack.org/343684, ready for reviews
- WIP code at https://review.openstack.org/440778

ironic-python-agent's REST API versioning (sambetts)
- RFE: https://bugs.launchpad.net/ironic-python-agent/+bug/1602265
- gerrit topic: https://review.openstack.org/#/q/topic:bug/1602265
- status as of most recent weekly meeting:
    - spec merged: http://specs.openstack.org/openstack/ironic-specs/specs/not-implemented/ipa_api_versioning.html

Optional Priorities
===================

Split away the tempest plugin (jlvillal)
- patches waiting for review https://review.openstack.org/#/q/project:openstack/ironic-tempest-plugin
- need to port new patches in ironic/ironic-tempest-plugin (jlvillal)
- need to migrate ironic-inspector/ironic-tempest-plugin (jlvillal)

deploy steps (rloo, mat128, yolanda)
------------------------------------
- Ocata summit design session etherpad: https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/ironic-ocata-summit-deploy-time-raid
- RFE: https://bugs.launchpad.net/ironic/+bug/1630376
- status as of most recent weekly meeting:
    - spec under review: https://review.openstack.org/#/c/412523/

Redfish driver (lucasagomes, dtantsur)
--------------------------------------
- topic: https://review.openstack.org/#/q/topic:bug/1526477
- status as of May 29th:
    - the power actions do not wait for the power state to change, dtantsur will fix it
    - sushy 0.2.0 released with the latest improvements
    - we need more people reviewing sushy
- OOB inspection is in progress, but is probably outside of the scope of this particular topic

Supported power states API (dtantsur)
-------------------------------------
- topic: https://review.openstack.org/#/q/topic:bug/1526226
    - note: the same topic as for soft power and NMI is used, as it's covered by the same spec
- status as of May 29th:
    - next on review: https://review.openstack.org/#/c/382194/ (needs update)

Available clean steps API (rloo)
--------------------------------
- spec had been approved in mitaka: http://specs.openstack.org/openstack/ironic-specs/specs/5.0/manual-cleaning.html#get-nodes-node-ident-cleaning-steps
- patch has been rebased and updated, but reviewer comments still need to be addressed and it needs testing: https://review.openstack.org/#/c/278566/

etags in the REST API (pas-ha)
- RFE: https://bugs.launchpad.net/ironic/+bug/1605728
- topic: https://review.openstack.org/#/q/topic:bug/1605728
- status as of most recent weekly meeting:
    - (pas-ha) I'm taking over these patches to drive them further since Galyna most probably won't have time to do this (she changed job to non-OpenStack-related).
        - The first patch is for adding etags for nodes endpoint, https://review.openstack.org/392213
        - everything needs a rebase
    - (galyna): Spec has merged: http://specs.openstack.org/openstack/ironic-specs/specs/approved/evolve-etags.html
    - (galyna) Patches-POC are up. Demo: https://asciinema.org/a/103604

Subprojects
===========

Drivers:
--------

OneView (ricardoas/xavierr)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
- stable/newton of agent_pxe_oneview does not work
- deprecating python-oneviewclient (using python-hpOneView and python-ilorest-library instead)

Until next week,
--Rama

[0] https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/IronicWhiteBoard

[ironic] this week's priorities and subteam reports

Yeleswarapu, Ramamani
Hi,

We are glad to present this week's priorities and subteam report for Ironic. As usual, this is pulled directly from the Ironic whiteboard[0] and formatted.

This Week's Priorities (as of the weekly ironic meeting)
1. booting from volume:
    1.1. the next patch: https://review.openstack.org/#/c/406290
2. Rolling upgrades:
    2.1. spec update: https://review.openstack.org/#/c/469940/
    2.2. the next patch (add version column): https://review.openstack.org/#/c/412397/
3. OSC commands for ironic driver-related commands
    3.1. review the spec: https://review.openstack.org/#/c/439907/
4. Physical network topology awareness:
    4.1. next patch on review: https://review.openstack.org/#/c/461301/

Bugs (dtantsur, vdrok, TheJulia)
--------------------------------
- Stats (diff between 22 May 2017 and 5 Jun 2017)
- Ironic: 249 bugs (+6) + 252 wishlist items (+1). 24 new, 196 in progress (+5), 1 critical (+1), 30 high (+4) and 32 incomplete
- Inspector: 14 bugs (+2) + 30 wishlist items (+2). 1 new (-2), 12 in progress, 0 critical, 2 high (+1) and 3 incomplete
- Nova bugs with Ironic tag: 12. 2 new, 0 critical, 0 high

Essential Priorities
====================

[...]

            TheJulia will sync-up with the other contributors to this effort and see about getting the feedback addressed in the patchset.
            https://review.openstack.org/#/c/413324 iPXE template
            https://review.openstack.org/#/c/454243/ - WIP logic changes for deployment process.  Tenant network separation introduced some additional complexity, quick conceptual feedback requested.
            https://review.openstack.org/#/c/214586/ - Volume Connection Information Rest API Change
        Additional patches exist, for python-ironicclient and one for nova.  Links in the patch/note tracking etherpad.

Rolling upgrades and grenade-partial (rloo, jlvillal)
- spec approved; code patches: https://review.openstack.org/#/q/topic:bug/1526283
- status as of most recent weekly meeting:
    - Based on feedback from vdrok and jlvillal, rloo redesigned (conceptually simpler) the way IronicObject versioning is handled by services running different releases:
        - update to the spec, ready for reviews: 'Rolling upgrades: different object versions' https://review.openstack.org/#/c/469940/
        - next patch ready for reviews, if update is approved: 'Add version column' https://review.openstack.org/#/c/412397/
    - Testing work: done as per spec, but rloo wants to ask vasyl whether we can improve. grenade test will do upgrade so we have old API sending requests to old and/or new conductor, but rloo doesn't think there is anything to control -which- conductor handles the request, so what if old conductor handles all the requests?

Reference architecture guide (jroll, dtantsur)
- no updates, dtantsur plans to start working on some text for the install-guide soon(ish)

Python 3.5 compatibility (Nisha, Ankit)
---------------------------------------
- Topic: https://review.openstack.org/#/q/topic:goal-python35+NOT+project:openstack/governance+NOT+project:openstack/releases
    - this include all projects, not only ironic
    - please tag all reviews with topic "goal-python35"
- Raised a patch in openstack-infra for disabling swift in experimental gate as swift is still not compatible for py3.5.https://review.openstack.org/467538
other patches for experimental gates are not merging as core reviewers are asking to add the python3 builder in running gates instead of duplicating them in project--config project.. https://review.openstack.org/462487,
https://review.openstack.org/462695, https://review.openstack.org/462701 and https://review.openstack.org/462706
- Disabled swift in experimental gate as swift is not yet ported to python3.5.
- Devstack fails to come up in py3.5 for ironic. Raised the bug https://bugs.launchpad.net/ironic/+bug/1695135

Deploying with Apache and WSGI in CI (vsaienk0)
- ironic part seems finished (needs double-checking)
    - do we have install-guide bits on how to do it?
- inspector is TODO and depends on https://review.openstack.org/#/q/topic:bg/1525218

Driver composition (dtantsur, jroll)
------------------------------------
- spec: http://specs.openstack.org/openstack/ironic-specs/specs/approved/driver-composition-reform.html
- gerrit topic: https://review.openstack.org/#/q/status:open+topic:bug/1524745
- status as of 5 Jun 2017:
    - install guide / admin guide docs
        - done except for:
            - upgrading to hardware types: TODO
            - dev docs: TODO
            - fixing nits from previous reviews
    - new hardware types:
        - we need volunteers for SNMP
        - rpioso volunteered to do drac
    - future of the driver properties API spec:
        - https://review.openstack.org/#/c/439907/
    - dtantsur started a spec on the classic drivers deprecation:
        - https://review.openstack.org/#/c/464046/
            - needs addressing comments

Feature parity between two CLIs (rloo, dtantsur)
- status as of most recent weekly meeting:
    - OSC driver-properties spec is ready for reviews; has two +2 already: https://review.openstack.org/#/c/439907/

OSC default API version change (dtantsur)
- status as of 05 Jun 2017:
[...]

- API/conductor patch is up to date, rescuewait has minor comments which needs addressing.
- Tempest test is failing for fake driver because FakeRescue method is missing. Working on that  part.

Post-deploy VIF attach/detach (sambetts, vsaienk0)
- blueprint: https://blueprints.launchpad.net/nova/+spec/ironic-hotplug-interfaces
- gerrit topic (nova): https://review.openstack.org/#/q/topic:bp/ironic-plug-unplug-vifs-update
- Nova side https://review.openstack.org/#/c/419975/

Physical network awareness (sambetts, vsaienk0)
- spec: http://specs.openstack.org/openstack/ironic-specs/specs/not-implemented/physical-network-awareness.html
- Physical network awareness implementation
    - ironic:
        - Port data model: https://review.openstack.org/#/c/461301/
        - Move create_port to conductor: https://review.openstack.org/469931
        - Validate portgroup physical network consistency: https://review.openstack.org/469932
        - Physical network-aware port mapping: https://review.openstack.org/#/c/470406
        - API: https://review.openstack.org/469933
        - Tempest tests (WIP, will be added to API review): https://review.openstack.org/#/c/470915
    - python-ironicclient:
[...]

    - code needs rebasing and updating

Optional Priorities
===================

Split away the tempest plugin (jlvillal)
- patches waiting for review https://review.openstack.org/#/q/project:openstack/ironic-tempest-plugin
- need to port new patches in ironic/ironic-tempest-plugin (jlvillal)
- need to migrate ironic-inspector/ironic-tempest-plugin (jlvillal)
- jlvillal is on vacation; back the week of June 12

    - spec needs updating: https://review.openstack.org/#/c/412523/

Redfish driver (lucasagomes, dtantsur)
--------------------------------------
- topic: https://review.openstack.org/#/q/topic:bug/1526477
- status as of Jun 5th:

------------------------------
- RFE: https://bugs.launchpad.net/ironic/+bug/1605728
- topic: https://review.openstack.org/#/q/topic:bug/1605728
- Spec has merged: http://specs.openstack.org/openstack/ironic-specs/specs/approved/evolve-etags.html
- status as of most recent weekly meeting:
        - The first patch is for adding etags for nodes endpoint, needs rebasing: https://review.openstack.org/392213
        - everything needs a rebase
        - (galyna) Patches-POC are up. Demo: https://asciinema.org/a/103604
-Subprojects

Inspector (dtantsur, milan)
---------------------------
- Support for changing IPMI credentials in-band was removed from tree

Until next week,
--Rama

[0] https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/IronicWhiteBoard

[ironic] this week's priorities and subteam reports

Yeleswarapu, Ramamani

We are glad to present this week's priorities and subteam report for Ironic. As usual, this is pulled directly from the Ironic whiteboard[0] and formatted.

This Week's Priorities (as of the weekly ironic meeting)
1. booting from volume:
    1.1. Wire in storage interface attach/detach operations: https://review.openstack.org/#/c/406290
2. Rolling upgrades:
    2.1.  'Add new dbsync command with first online data migration': https://review.openstack.org/#/c/408556/
3. OSC feature parity: a few really small and simple patches:
    3.1. add OSC 'baremetal driver property list' command: https://review.openstack.org/#/c/381153/
    3.2. add OSC 'baremetal driver raid property list' cmd: https://review.openstack.org/#/c/362047/
    3.3. OSC 'port create' missing --uuid: https://review.openstack.org/#/c/472390/
    3.4. OSC 'port set' missing ability to set local-link-connection, pxe-enabled: https://review.openstack.org/#/c/472457/
    3.5. OSC 'node list' missing ability to filter on driver: https://review.openstack.org/#/c/472462/
4. Physical network topology awareness:
    4.1. Move create_port to conductor: https://review.openstack.org/469931

Bugs (dtantsur, vdrok, TheJulia)
--------------------------------
- Stats (diff between 5 Jun 2017 and 12 Jun 2017)
- Ironic: 250 bugs (+1) + 254 wishlist items (+2). 21 new (-3), 204 in progress (+8), 0 critical (-1), 31 high (+1) and 32 incomplete
- Inspector: 15 bugs (+1) + 30 wishlist items. 1 new, 15 in progress (+3), 0 critical, 3 high (+1) and 3 incomplete

    - next patch to be reviewed, needed for 3rd party CI: https://review.openstack.org/#/c/429770/
- Missing test coverage (all)
    - portgroups and attach/detach tempest tests: https://review.openstack.org/382476
    - local boot with partition images: TODO https://bugs.launchpad.net/ironic/+bug/1531149
    - adoption: https://review.openstack.org/#/c/344975/
        - should probably be changed to use standalone tests
    - root device hints: TODO

Generic boot-from-volume (TheJulia, dtantsur)
- specs and blueprints:
    - http://specs.openstack.org/openstack/ironic-specs/specs/approved/volume-connection-information.html
        - code: https://review.openstack.org/#/q/topic:bug/1526231
    - http://specs.openstack.org/openstack/ironic-specs/specs/approved/boot-from-volume-reference-drivers.html
        - code: https://review.openstack.org/#/q/topic:bug/1559691
    - https://blueprints.launchpad.net/nova/+spec/ironic-boot-from-volume
        - code: https://review.openstack.org/#/q/topic:bp/ironic-boot-from-volume
- status as of most recent weekly meeting:
    - Patches updated and re-stacked against current master branch last week.
            https://review.openstack.org/#/c/406290 - Wiring in attach/detach operations - Has 1x+2 and 2x-1 - Questions raised and
            https://review.openstack.org/#/c/413324 - iPXE template - Has positive review feedback
            https://review.openstack.org/#/c/454243/ - Skip deployment if BFV - Has 1x+2 and 1x-1 - Possibly requires a minor revision.
            https://review.openstack.org/#/c/214586/ - Volume Connection Information Rest API Change - Erroneous CI failure - needs to be rechecked - Above patch will generate a rebase.

    - redesign (conceptually simpler) of the way IronicObject versioning is handled by services running different releases was approved: 'Rolling upgrades: different object versions' https://review.openstack.org/#/c/469940/
    - 'Add version column' https://review.openstack.org/#/c/412397/ has merged
    - next patch ready for reviews: 'Add new dbsync command with first online data migration': https://review.openstack.org/#/c/408556/
    - Testing work: done as per spec, but rloo wants to ask vasyl whether we can improve. grenade test will do upgrade so we have old API sending requests to old and/or new conductor, but rloo doesn't think there is anything to control -which- conductor handles the request, so what if old conductor handles all the requests?

Reference architecture guide (dtantsur)
---------------------------------------

- Devstack fails to come up in py3.5 for ironic. Raised the bug https://bugs.launchpad.net/ironic/+bug/1695135. The patch https://review.openstack.org/471072 is raised for the same. This ensures that the stack comes up in py3.5 environment.
- The experimental gate still fails because IPMI commands fail for vbmc. Have filed a bug to track it : https://bugs.launchpad.net/ironic/+bug/1696736.

-----------------------------
- spec: http://specs.openstack.org/openstack/ironic-specs/specs/approved/driver-composition-reform.html
- gerrit topic: https://review.openstack.org/#/q/status:open+topic:bug/1524745
- status as of 12 Jun 2017:
    - install guide / admin guide docs
        - done except for:
            - upgrading to hardware types: TODO
            - dev docs: TODO
            - fixing nits from previous reviews
    - new hardware types:
        - we need volunteers for SNMP
        - rpioso volunteered to do drac
    - API for hardware interface properties:
        - proposed spec: https://review.openstack.org/#/c/471174/
        - rloo checked with dtantsur, is is not needed for completion of driver composition
    - spec on the classic drivers deprecation:https://review.openstack.org/#/c/464046/

Feature parity between two CLIs (rloo, dtantsur)
- status as of most recent weekly meeting:
    - rloo checked for feature parity between two CLIs (on Jun 8). OSC lags behind ironic CLI due to (these are all ready for reviews):
[...]

- API/conductor patch, rescuewait and agent driver patches are up to date.
- Tempest test patch is failing because pxe_ipmitool support was missing. Added Rescueinterface to pxe_ipmitool to verify the status of tempest patch.

- Etherpad tracking networking work: https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/Ironic-networking
        - Port data model: https://review.openstack.org/#/c/461301/ MERGED
[...]

- status as of Jun 12th:
[...]

- support for setting IPMI credentials was removed
- refactoring the DHCP filtering into a driver is ready for reviews
- there's progress with the API/Worker split too

ironic-ui (betherly, ppiela, TheJulia)
--------------------------------------
- An update for improved JS unit testing has been proposed, and additional reviews would be appreciated - https://review.openstack.org/#/c/469459/

    1.1. iPXE template for iSCSI: https://review.openstack.org/#/c/413324/
    1.2. Skipping deployment logic: https://review.openstack.org/#/c/454243/
2. Rolling upgrades:
    2.1.  'Add new dbsync command with first online data migration': https://review.openstack.org/#/c/408556/
3. Physical network topology awareness:
    3.1. Physical network-aware port mapping: https://review.openstack.org/#/c/470406
4. Driver composition reform
    4.1. Classic driver deprecation spec: https://review.openstack.org/#/c/464046/

Bugs (dtantsur, vdrok, TheJulia)
--------------------------------
- Stats (diff between 12 Jun 2017 and 19 Jun 2017)
- Ironic: 249 bugs (-1) + 251 wishlist items (-3). 25 new (+4), 200 in progress (-4), 0 critical, 30 high (-1) and 31 incomplete (-1)
- Inspector: 13 bugs (-2) + 30 wishlist items. 1 new, 14 in progress (-1), 0 critical, 3 high and 3 incomplete
- Nova bugs with Ironic tag: 13 (+1). 1 new (-1), 0 critical, 0 high
- the tool at http://ironic-divius.rhcloud.com/ is now faster (though still not too fast)
- I wonder if anyone is using it, except for me :)

Essential Priorities
====================

            https://review.openstack.org/#/c/406290 - Wiring in attach/detach operations MERGED
            https://review.openstack.org/#/c/413324 - iPXE template - Has review feedback - Hopefully updated revision later today.Pushing revision now
            https://review.openstack.org/#/c/454243/ - Skip deployment if BFV - Has 1x+2
            https://review.openstack.org/#/c/214586/ - Volume Connection Information Rest API Change  - Has 1x +2
            https://review.openstack.org/#/c/463930/ - CRUD notification updates for volume objects.
            https://review.openstack.org/#/c/463908/ - Enable cinder storage interface for generic hardware

    - next patch needs update to address comments: 'Add new dbsync command with first online data migration': https://review.openstack.org/#/c/408556/
    - to address restarting services after unpinning, spec ready for reviews: 'SIGHUP restarts services with updated configs': https://review.openstack.org/474309

- Two ironic patches in review: https://review.openstack.org/473888 and  https://review.openstack.org/#/c/473913/.

Deploying with Apache and WSGI in CI (vsaienk0)
- ironic part seems finished (needs double-checking)
    - do we have install-guide bits on how to do it?
- inspector is TODO and depends on https://review.openstack.org/#/q/topic:bg/1525218

Driver composition (dtantsur)
-----------------------------
- spec: http://specs.openstack.org/openstack/ironic-specs/specs/approved/driver-composition-reform.html
- gerrit topic: https://review.openstack.org/#/q/status:open+topic:bug/1524745
- status as of 19 Jun 2017:
    - no progress this week
    - install guide / admin guide docs
        - done except for:
            - upgrading to hardware types: TODO
            - dev docs: TODO
            - fixing nits from previous reviews
    - new hardware types:
        - we need volunteers for SNMP
        - rpioso volunteered to do drac
    - API for hardware interface properties:
        - proposed spec: https://review.openstack.org/#/c/471174/
        - rloo checked with dtantsur, is is not needed for completion of driver composition
    - spec on the classic drivers deprecation: https://review.openstack.org/#/c/464046/

Feature parity between two CLIs (rloo, dtantsur)
- status as of  19 Jun 2017:
    - rloo checked for feature parity between two CLIs (on Jun 8). OSC lagged behind ironic CLI due to the following patches that were merged last week!:
        - add OSC 'baremetal driver property list' command: https://review.openstack.org/#/c/381153/
        - add OSC 'baremetal driver raid property list' cmd: https://review.openstack.org/#/c/362047/
        - OSC 'port create' missing --uuid: https://review.openstack.org/#/c/472390/
        - OSC 'port set' missing ability to set local-link-connection, pxe-enabled: https://review.openstack.org/#/c/472457/
        - OSC 'node list' missing ability to filter on driver: https://review.openstack.org/#/c/472462/
    - Now that they are all merged and we have feature parity:
            - let's create a patch with a release not stating the feature parity (in the "prelude" section)
            - From PTG discussion (https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/ironic-pike-ptg-operations):
                - No more 'ironic' commands in docs.
                - No deprecation in Pike though, defer to Queens
                - We will still need to have feature parity (new CLI features in both ironic & OSC CLI) until we deprecate ironic CLI

OSC default API version change (dtantsur)
- status as of 19 Jun 2017:
    - spec merged: http://specs.openstack.org/openstack/ironic-specs/specs/not-implemented/cli-default-api-version.html
    - OSC CLI patch updated: https://review.openstack.org/#/c/442153/

node tags (zhenguo, vdrok)
--------------------------
- spec: http://specs.openstack.org/openstack/ironic-specs/specs/approved/nodes-tagging.html
- topic: https://review.openstack.org/#/q/topic:bug/1526266
- status as of 19 Jun 2017:
    - next on review: https://review.openstack.org/#/c/233357/

High Priorities
===============

        - Move create_port to conductor: https://review.openstack.org/469931 MERGED
        - Validate portgroup physical network consistency: https://review.openstack.org/469932 MERGED
        - Physical network-aware port mapping: https://review.openstack.org/#/c/470406
        - API: https://review.openstack.org/469933
        - Tempest tests (WIP, will be added to API review): https://review.openstack.org/#/c/470915
    - python-ironicclient:
        - OSC: https://review.openstack.org/#/c/461893
- networking-baremetal initial patches
    - https://review.openstack.org/448073
    - https://review.openstack.org/448157
    - https://review.openstack.org/450714
- Routed networks support (sambetts, vsaienk0)
    - Dependant on physnet awareness
    - networking-baremetal initial patches
        - https://review.openstack.org/#/c/456235/
    - RFE: https://bugs.launchpad.net/ironic/+bug/1658964
        - No RFE right now as all planned work is in networking-baremetal, but going to keep this around in case we need to make unexpected changes to ironic

[...]

- status as of Jun 19th:
[...]

- A number of large updates have been posted for new features targetting some level of client parity, any reviews would be appreciated.