multiple users in a project

J.O'Loughlin@surrey.ac.uk

Hi All,

In have openstack running on ubuntu 10.10 installed from trunk ppa. The networking is flat mode and I have one project (project1) set up and an admin user who can bundle/upload/regaister and run images. When I add a new user to to the project
nova-manage user create student
nova-manage project add project1 student

as the student user I can now euca-describe-images but when I try to run an image:
Warning: failed to parse error message from AWS: <unknown>:1:0: syntax error
EC2ResponseError: 401 Unauthorized

I think this is because the image as uploaded by the admin user is marked private, but trying euca-modify-image-attribute as the admin user to make the image public also fails.

As the student user I can bundle and upload images, but when In try to register I also have a 401 unauthorised.

Any help or pointers on using multiple users in a project would be great.

Regards

John O'Loughlin
FEPS IT, Service Delivery Team Leader