[neutron] does neutron actually use the salve_connection ?

[neutron] does neutron actually use the salve_connection ?

cristi.calin

Hello,

I am looking to improve the database load distribution and one of the things that may help with this is to spread out the reads.

From the configuration reference it looks like neutron dues support a slave_connection parameter but when I enabled it and enabled query logging on the secondary databases there aren’t any queries being executed on the secondaries. Is there anything I am missing ?

Sorry for CC’ing the dev list as well but someone in the dev teams may have an answer from a developer point of view.

My setup is like this:

Openstack stable/mitaka (built from git)

3 galera nodes

1 haproxy running on each node with active/backup with local node as single active configuration for the frontend listening on :3306 and active/backup with the other nodes as active for the frontend listening on :3308

In neutron.conf in the [database] section I set up the the connection and slave_connection parameters like this:

[database]

connection = mysql+pymysql://neutron:[hidden email]:3306/neutron?charset=utf8

slave_connection = mysql+pymysql://neutron: [hidden email]:3308/neutron?charset=utf8

idle_timeout = 1800

max_retries = -1

retry_interval = 5

min_pool_size = 8

max_pool_size = 32

max_overflow = 16

Loooking on a slave it opens a single connection which is eventually closed because of lack of activity.

Thanks,

Cristian

Thank you.