[neutron] tempest failures when deploying neutron-server in wsgi with apache

[neutron] tempest failures when deploying neutron-server in wsgi with apache

Emilien Macchi-4
Hey folks,

I've been playing with deploying Neutron in WSGI with Apache and
Tempest tests fail on spawning Nova server when creating Neutron
ports:
http://logs.openstack.org/89/459489/4/check/gate-puppet-openstack-integration-4-scenario001-tempest-centos-7/f2ee8bf/console.html#_2017-05-30_13_09_22_715400

I haven't found anything useful in neutron-server logs:
http://logs.openstack.org/89/459489/4/check/gate-puppet-openstack-integration-4-scenario001-tempest-centos-7/f2ee8bf/logs/apache/neutron_wsgi_access_ssl.txt.gz

Before I file a bug in neutron, can anyone look at the logs with me
and see if I missed something in the config:
http://logs.openstack.org/89/459489/4/check/gate-puppet-openstack-integration-4-scenario001-tempest-centos-7/f2ee8bf/logs/apache_config/10-neutron_wsgi.conf.txt.gz

Thanks for the help,
--
Emilien Macchi

Re: [neutron] tempest failures when deploying neutron-server in wsgi with apache

Morales, Victor
Hi Emilien,

I noticed that the configuration file was created using puppet.  I submitted a patch[1] that was targeting to include the changes in Devstack. My major concern is with the value of WSGIScriptAlias which should be pointing to WSGI script.

Regards/Saludos
Victor Morales

[1] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/439191

On 5/31/17, 4:40 AM, "Emilien Macchi" <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

On Thu, Jun 1, 2017 at 10:28 PM, Morales, Victor
<[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi Emilien,
>
> I noticed that the configuration file was created using puppet.  I submitted a patch[1] that was targeting to include the changes in Devstack. My major concern is with the value of WSGIScriptAlias which should be pointing to WSGI script.

Thanks for looking, the script that is used is from
/usr/bin/neutron-api which is I think correct. If you look at logs,
you can see that API actually works but some tempest tests fail
though...

> Regards/Saludos
> Victor Morales
>
> [1] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/439191
>
> On 5/31/17, 4:40 AM, "Emilien Macchi" <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>     Hey folks,
>
>     I've been playing with deploying Neutron in WSGI with Apache and
>     Tempest tests fail on spawning Nova server when creating Neutron
>     ports:
>     http://logs.openstack.org/89/459489/4/check/gate-puppet-openstack-integration-4-scenario001-tempest-centos-7/f2ee8bf/console.html#_2017-05-30_13_09_22_715400
>
>     I haven't found anything useful in neutron-server logs:
>     http://logs.openstack.org/89/459489/4/check/gate-puppet-openstack-integration-4-scenario001-tempest-centos-7/f2ee8bf/logs/apache/neutron_wsgi_access_ssl.txt.gz
>
>     Before I file a bug in neutron, can anyone look at the logs with me
>     and see if I missed something in the config:
>     http://logs.openstack.org/89/459489/4/check/gate-puppet-openstack-integration-4-scenario001-tempest-centos-7/f2ee8bf/logs/apache_config/10-neutron_wsgi.conf.txt.gz
>
>     Thanks for the help,
>     --
>     Emilien Macchi

Emilien Macchi

Re: [neutron] tempest failures when deploying neutron-server in wsgi with apache

Kevin Benton-3
I've been working on Victor's patch a bit. One thing that isn't clear to me is how we can get the neutron.conf options loaded when using WSGI. How are other projects doing this?

<[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi Emilien,
>
> I noticed that the configuration file was created using puppet.  I submitted a patch[1] that was targeting to include the changes in Devstack. My major concern is with the value of WSGIScriptAlias which should be pointing to WSGI script.

Thanks for looking, the script that is used is from
/usr/bin/neutron-api which is I think correct. If you look at logs,
you can see that API actually works but some tempest tests fail
though...

> Regards/Saludos
> Victor Morales
>
> [1] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/439191
>
> On 5/31/17, 4:40 AM, "Emilien Macchi" <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>     Hey folks,
>
>     I've been playing with deploying Neutron in WSGI with Apache and
>     Tempest tests fail on spawning Nova server when creating Neutron
>     ports:
>     http://logs.openstack.org/89/459489/4/check/gate-puppet-openstack-integration-4-scenario001-tempest-centos-7/f2ee8bf/console.html#_2017-05-30_13_09_22_715400
>
>     I haven't found anything useful in neutron-server logs:
>     http://logs.openstack.org/89/459489/4/check/gate-puppet-openstack-integration-4-scenario001-tempest-centos-7/f2ee8bf/logs/apache/neutron_wsgi_access_ssl.txt.gz
>
>     Before I file a bug in neutron, can anyone look at the logs with me
>     and see if I missed something in the config:
>     http://logs.openstack.org/89/459489/4/check/gate-puppet-openstack-integration-4-scenario001-tempest-centos-7/f2ee8bf/logs/apache_config/10-neutron_wsgi.conf.txt.gz
>
>     Thanks for the help,
>     --
>     Emilien Macchi

Emilien Macchi

Re: [neutron] tempest failures when deploying neutron-server in wsgi with apache

Matthew Treinish-2
On Mon, Jun 19, 2017 at 12:09:12AM -0700, Kevin Benton wrote:
> I've been working on Victor's patch a bit. One thing that isn't clear to me
> is how we can get the neutron.conf options loaded when using WSGI. How are
> other projects doing this?

Most projects are using a default location, for example:

https://review.openstack.org/#/c/459450/11/glance/common/wsgi_app.py

Which IIRC I just looked at how other project's wsgi entrypoints were doing it
when I wrote that. The issue I think we'll hit with Neutron is that by default
we tell everyone to do that annoying multi-file config setup, which makes doing
a default like this difficult. Personally I think we need to change that,
because it's not needed and makes it generally confusing, but even if we did
it wouldn't solve the upgrade path from non-wsgi to wsgi.

-Matt Treinish

> On Fri, Jun 2, 2017 at 7:44 AM, Emilien Macchi <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > On Thu, Jun 1, 2017 at 10:28 PM, Morales, Victor
> > <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > > Hi Emilien,
> > >
> > > I noticed that the configuration file was created using puppet.  I
> > submitted a patch[1] that was targeting to include the changes in Devstack.
> > My major concern is with the value of WSGIScriptAlias which should be
> > pointing to WSGI script.
> >
> > Thanks for looking, the script that is used is from
> > /usr/bin/neutron-api which is I think correct. If you look at logs,
> > you can see that API actually works but some tempest tests fail
> > though...
> >
> > > Regards/Saludos
> > > Victor Morales
> > >
> > > [1] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/439191
> > >
> > > On 5/31/17, 4:40 AM, "Emilien Macchi" <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > >
> > >     Hey folks,
> > >
> > >     I've been playing with deploying Neutron in WSGI with Apache and
> > >     Tempest tests fail on spawning Nova server when creating Neutron
> > >     ports:
> > >     http://logs.openstack.org/89/459489/4/check/gate-puppet-
> > openstack-integration-4-scenario001-tempest-centos-7/
> > f2ee8bf/console.html#_2017-05-30_13_09_22_715400
> > >
> > >     I haven't found anything useful in neutron-server logs:
> > >     http://logs.openstack.org/89/459489/4/check/gate-puppet-
> > openstack-integration-4-scenario001-tempest-centos-7/
> > f2ee8bf/logs/apache/neutron_wsgi_access_ssl.txt.gz
> > >
> > >     Before I file a bug in neutron, can anyone look at the logs with me
> > >     and see if I missed something in the config:
> > >     http://logs.openstack.org/89/459489/4/check/gate-puppet-
> > openstack-integration-4-scenario001-tempest-centos-7/
> > f2ee8bf/logs/apache_config/10-neutron_wsgi.conf.txt.gz
> > >
> > >     Thanks for the help,
> > >     --
> > >     Emilien Macchi

> > --
> > Emilien Macchi

Re: [neutron] tempest failures when deploying neutron-server in wsgi with apache

Kevin Benton-3
Thanks. Maybe this would be a good opportunity to just have people start putting everything in neutron.conf if they want to switch to wsgi.

Gary Kotton-2

+1

From: Kevin Benton <[hidden email]>
Date: Monday, June 19, 2017 at 10:33 AM