[neutron] - transitioning PTL role to Miguel Lavalle

[neutron] - transitioning PTL role to Miguel Lavalle

Kevin Benton-3
Hi everyone,

Due to a change in my role at my employer, I no longer have time to be the PTL of Neutron. Effective immediately, I will be transitioning the PTL role to Miguel Lavalle.

Miguel is an excellent leader in the community and has experience reviewing patches as a core, reviewing feature requests and specs as a driver, implementing cross-project features, handling docs, and on-boarding new contributors.

We will make the switch official next week at the PTG with the appropriate patches to the governance repo.

If anyone has any concerns with this transition plan, please reach out to me, Thierry, or Doug Hellmann.

Cheers,
Kevin Benton

Re: [neutron] - transitioning PTL role to Miguel Lavalle

Ihar Hrachyshka
It's very sad news for the team, but I hope that Kevin will still be
able to contribute, or at least stay in touch. I am sure Miguel will
successfully lead the community in Queens and beyond. Thanks to Miguel
for stepping in the ring. Thanks to Kevin for his leadership in recent
cycles.

King is dead, long live the King!

Ihar

On Fri, Sep 8, 2017 at 8:59 PM, Kevin Benton <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
> Due to a change in my role at my employer, I no longer have time to be the
> PTL of Neutron. Effective immediately, I will be transitioning the PTL role
> to Miguel Lavalle.
>
> Miguel is an excellent leader in the community and has experience reviewing
> patches as a core, reviewing feature requests and specs as a driver,
> implementing cross-project features, handling docs, and on-boarding new
> contributors.
>
> We will make the switch official next week at the PTG with the appropriate
> patches to the governance repo.
>
> If anyone has any concerns with this transition plan, please reach out to
> me, Thierry, or Doug Hellmann.
>
> Cheers,
> Kevin Benton

Re: [neutron] - transitioning PTL role to Miguel Lavalle

Miguel Angel Ajo Pelayo-2
Kevin!, and thank you for all the effort and energy you have put into openstack-neutron during the last few years. It's been great to have you on the project.

On Mon, Sep 11, 2017 at 5:18 PM, Ihar Hrachyshka <[hidden email]> wrote:
It's very sad news for the team, but I hope that Kevin will still be
able to contribute, or at least stay in touch. I am sure Miguel will
successfully lead the community in Queens and beyond. Thanks to Miguel
for stepping in the ring. Thanks to Kevin for his leadership in recent
cycles.

King is dead, long live the King!

Ihar

On Fri, Sep 8, 2017 at 8:59 PM, Kevin Benton <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> Due to a change in my role at my employer, I no longer have time to be the
> PTL of Neutron. Effective immediately, I will be transitioning the PTL role
> to Miguel Lavalle.
>
> Miguel is an excellent leader in the community and has experience reviewing
> patches as a core, reviewing feature requests and specs as a driver,
> implementing cross-project features, handling docs, and on-boarding new
> contributors.
>
> We will make the switch official next week at the PTG with the appropriate
> patches to the governance repo.
>
> If anyone has any concerns with this transition plan, please reach out to
> me, Thierry, or Doug Hellmann.
>
> Cheers,
> Kevin Benton

Re: [neutron] - transitioning PTL role to Miguel Lavalle

reedip banerjee
Damn :(
Kevin , you have been excellent , and this is a sad, sad news ! I hope you continue to work with the project you strengthen with your expertise...
Miguel Lavalle , +2 to you :)

On Wed, Sep 13, 2017 at 4:10 AM, Miguel Angel Ajo Pelayo <[hidden email]> wrote:
Kevin!, and thank you for all the effort and energy you have put into openstack-neutron during the last few years. It's been great to have you on the project.

On Mon, Sep 11, 2017 at 5:18 PM, Ihar Hrachyshka <[hidden email]> wrote:
It's very sad news for the team, but I hope that Kevin will still be
able to contribute, or at least stay in touch. I am sure Miguel will
successfully lead the community in Queens and beyond. Thanks to Miguel
for stepping in the ring. Thanks to Kevin for his leadership in recent
cycles.

King is dead, long live the King!

Ihar

On Fri, Sep 8, 2017 at 8:59 PM, Kevin Benton <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> Due to a change in my role at my employer, I no longer have time to be the
> PTL of Neutron. Effective immediately, I will be transitioning the PTL role
> to Miguel Lavalle.
>
> Miguel is an excellent leader in the community and has experience reviewing
> patches as a core, reviewing feature requests and specs as a driver,
> implementing cross-project features, handling docs, and on-boarding new
> contributors.
>
> We will make the switch official next week at the PTG with the appropriate
> patches to the governance repo.
>
> If anyone has any concerns with this transition plan, please reach out to
> me, Thierry, or Doug Hellmann.
>
> Cheers,
> Kevin Benton

Thanks and Regards,