[nova] about live-resize the instance

Rambo
Hi,all

      I find it is important that live-resize the instance in production environment. We have talked it many years and we agreed this in Rocky PTG, then the author remove the spec to Stein, but there is no information about this spec, is there anyone to push the spec and achieve it? Can you tell me more about this ?Thank you very much.

[1]https://review.openstack.org/#/c/141219/

Best Regards
Rambo

Re: [nova] about live-resize the instance

Chen CH Ji
Yes, this has been discussed for long time and If I remember this correctly seems S PTG also had some discussion on it (maybe public Cloud WG ? ), Claudiu has been pushing this for several cycles and he actually had some code at [1] but no additional progress there...

Re: [nova] about live-resize the instance

Matt Riedemann-3
On 11/4/2018 10:17 PM, Chen CH Ji wrote:
> Yes, this has been discussed for long time and If I remember this
> correctly seems S PTG also had some discussion on it (maybe public Cloud
> WG ? ), Claudiu has been pushing this for several cycles and he actually
> had some code at [1] but no additional progress there...
> [1]
> https://review.openstack.org/#/q/status:abandoned+topic:bp/instance-live-resize

It's a question of priorities. It's a complicated change and low
priority, in my opinion. We've said several times before that we'd do
it, but there are a lot of other higher priority efforts taking the
attention of the core team. Getting agreement on the spec is the first
step and then the runways process should be used to deal with actual
code reviews, but I think the spec review has stalled (I know I am
guilty of not looking at the latest updates to the spec).

Matt