nova-network assigned IP address

de Jong, Mark-Jan
Hello,
Is there a way to assign an IP address to nova-network other than the default gateway of the network? I want my guests to be directly connected to the "public" network and don't want nova-network to act as my router. I just need it for DHCP. Is this possible?

Thanks!

,.,.,.,..,...,.,..,..,..,...,....,..,..,....,....
Mark-Jan de Jong
O | 703-259-4406
C | 703-254-6284

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...

nova-network assigned IP address

Peter Borsody
Hi,

I had the exactly same problem.So, I patched the nova source code to work,
added some option to the point of dnsmasq managing.

Cheers,
Peter

On 20 October 2011 19:00, de Jong, Mark-Jan <deJongm at teoco.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Is there a way to assign an IP address to nova-network other than the
> default gateway of the network? I want my guests to be directly connected to
> the ?public? network and don?t want nova-network to act as my router. I just
> need it for DHCP. Is this possible?
>

> Thanks!
>

> ,.,.,.,..,...,.,..,..,..,...,....,..,..,....,....
>
> Mark-Jan de Jong
>
> O | 703-259-4406
>
> C | 703-254-6284

An HTML attachment was scrubbed...

nova-network assigned IP address

Christian Wittwer
You can overwrite the gateway which dnsmasq should provide via dhcp. Works fine.

foo:~# cat /etc/nova/dnsmasq.conf
dhcp-option=3,10.2.20.1

Cheers,
Christian