openstack-annsible networking layout before running playbooks

openstack-annsible networking layout before running playbooks

Jawad Ahmed
Hi all,
I am deploying openstack-ansible in test environment where I need to use br-mgmt bridge for both storage and management traffic (same bridge for both) so that container interfaces eth1 and eth2 will connect to br-mgmt for mgmt and storage traffic at same time.Does it make sense if I ll setup provider networks openstack_user_config.yml as below?

 tunnel_bridge: "br-vxlan" //separate bridge for vxlan though
  management_bridge: "br-mgmt"

  provider_networks:
    - network:
        container_bridge: "br-mgmt"
        container_type: "veth"
        container_interface: "eth1"
        ip_from_q: "container"
        type: "raw"
        group_binds:
          - all_containers
          - hosts
        is_container_address: true
        is_ssh_address: true

 - network:
        container_bridge: "br-mgmt"
        container_type: "veth"
        container_interface: "eth2"
        ip_from_q: "storage"
        type: "raw"
        group_binds:
          - glance_api
          - cinder_api
          - cinder_volume
          - nova_compute

Help would be appreciated.

--
Greetings,
Jawad Ahmed

Re: openstack-annsible networking layout before running playbooks

Mohammed Naser
Hey there,

You can just have one br-mgmt and skip the second one and everything will go over br-mgmt :)

Thanks,
Mohammed

On Thu, Nov 22, 2018 at 5:05 AM Jawad Ahmed <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Mohammed Naser — vexxhost