[openstack-docs][dev][all] Documentation repo freeze

[openstack-docs][dev][all] Documentation repo freeze

Alexandra Settle-2

Hi everyone,

As of today - Monday, the 19th of June – please do NOT merge any patches into the openstack-manuals repository that is not related to the topic: “doc-migration”.

We are currently in the phase of setting up for our MASSIVE migration and we need to ensure that there will be minimal conflicts.

You can find all patches related to that topic here: <a href="https://review.openstack.org/#/q/status:open&#43;project:openstack/openstack-manuals&#43;branch:master&#43;topic:doc-migration"> https://review.openstack.org/#/q/status:open+project:openstack/openstack-manuals+branch:master+topic:doc-migration

The only other patches that should be passed is the Zanata translation patches.

If there are any concerns or questions, please do not hesitate to contact either myself or Doug Hellmann for further clarification.

Thanks,

Alex

Re: [OpenStack-docs] [openstack-docs][dev][all] Documentation repo freeze

Petr Kovar
On Mon, 19 Jun 2017 15:56:35 +0000
Alexandra Settle <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
> As of today - Monday, the 19th of June – please do NOT merge any patches into
> the openstack-manuals repository that is not related to the topic:
> “doc-migration”.
>
> We are currently in the phase of setting up for our MASSIVE migration and we
> need to ensure that there will be minimal conflicts.
>
> You can find all patches related to that topic here:
> https://review.openstack.org/#/q/status:open+project:openstack/openstack-manuals+branch:master+topic:doc-migration
>
> The only other patches that should be passed is the Zanata translation patches.
>
> If there are any concerns or questions, please do not hesitate to contact either
> myself or Doug Hellmann for further clarification.

Can we still merge into stable branches? As the migration only affects
content in master, I think there's no need to freeze stable branches.

Thanks,
pk

On 6/19/17, 6:19 PM, "Petr Kovar" <[hidden email]> wrote:

    On Mon, 19 Jun 2017 15:56:35 +0000
    Alexandra Settle <[hidden email]> wrote:

    > Hi everyone,
    >
    > As of today - Monday, the 19th of June – please do NOT merge any patches into
    > the openstack-manuals repository that is not related to the topic:
    > “doc-migration”.
    >
    > We are currently in the phase of setting up for our MASSIVE migration and we
    > need to ensure that there will be minimal conflicts.
    >
    > You can find all patches related to that topic here:
    > https://review.openstack.org/#/q/status:open+project:openstack/openstack-manuals+branch:master+topic:doc-migration
    >
    > The only other patches that should be passed is the Zanata translation patches.
    >
    > If there are any concerns or questions, please do not hesitate to contact either
    > myself or Doug Hellmann for further clarification.

    Can we still merge into stable branches? As the migration only affects
    content in master, I think there's no need to freeze stable branches.

Good question. I would say yes, as we are only porting over everything that is currently in master for now.

I would also like to clarify that this only affects the documentation suite, not the tooling.

Cheers,

Alex

Re: [OpenStack-docs] [openstack-docs][dev][all] Documentation repo freeze

Anne Gentle
On Tue, Jun 20, 2017 at 3:13 AM, Alexandra Settle <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 6/19/17, 6:19 PM, "Petr Kovar" <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>     On Mon, 19 Jun 2017 15:56:35 +0000
>     Alexandra Settle <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>     > Hi everyone,
>     >
>     > As of today - Monday, the 19th of June – please do NOT merge any patches into
>     > the openstack-manuals repository that is not related to the topic:
>     > “doc-migration”.
>     >
>     > We are currently in the phase of setting up for our MASSIVE migration and we
>     > need to ensure that there will be minimal conflicts.
>     >
>     > You can find all patches related to that topic here:
>     > https://review.openstack.org/#/q/status:open+project:openstack/openstack-manuals+branch:master+topic:doc-migration
>     >
>     > The only other patches that should be passed is the Zanata translation patches.
>     >
>     > If there are any concerns or questions, please do not hesitate to contact either
>     > myself or Doug Hellmann for further clarification.
>
>     Can we still merge into stable branches? As the migration only affects
>     content in master, I think there's no need to freeze stable branches.
>

> Good question. I would say yes, as we are only porting over everything that is currently in master for now.

Yep, that sounds right to me, if we need to change content in a stable
branch, go ahead.

> I would also like to clarify that this only affects the documentation suite, not the tooling.

Yes, speaking of tooling, can anyone review
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/468021/ -- changes to the them?

Thanks -
Anne

> Cheers,
>
> Alex

Read my blog: justwrite.click
Subscribe to Docs|Code: docslikecode.com

On 6/20/17, 2:12 PM, "Anne Gentle" <[hidden email]> wrote:

    On Tue, Jun 20, 2017 at 3:13 AM, Alexandra Settle <[hidden email]> wrote:

    > On 6/19/17, 6:19 PM, "Petr Kovar" <[hidden email]> wrote:
    >
    >     On Mon, 19 Jun 2017 15:56:35 +0000
    >     Alexandra Settle <[hidden email]> wrote:
    >
    >     > Hi everyone,
    >     >
    >     > As of today - Monday, the 19th of June – please do NOT merge any patches into
    >     > the openstack-manuals repository that is not related to the topic:
    >     > “doc-migration”.
    >     >
    >     > We are currently in the phase of setting up for our MASSIVE migration and we
    >     > need to ensure that there will be minimal conflicts.
    >     >
    >     > You can find all patches related to that topic here:
    >     > https://review.openstack.org/#/q/status:open+project:openstack/openstack-manuals+branch:master+topic:doc-migration
    >     >
    >     > The only other patches that should be passed is the Zanata translation patches.
    >     >
    >     > If there are any concerns or questions, please do not hesitate to contact either
    >     > myself or Doug Hellmann for further clarification.
    >
    >     Can we still merge into stable branches? As the migration only affects
    >     content in master, I think there's no need to freeze stable branches.
    >
    >
    > Good question. I would say yes, as we are only porting over everything that is currently in master for now.

    Yep, that sounds right to me, if we need to change content in a stable
    branch, go ahead.

    > I would also like to clarify that this only affects the documentation suite, not the tooling.

    Yes, speaking of tooling, can anyone review
    https://review.openstack.org/#/c/468021/ -- changes to the them?

On it! Thanks Anne (