[oslo.messaging][mistral] For how long is blocking executor deprecated?

[oslo.messaging][mistral] For how long is blocking executor deprecated?

Ренат Ахмеров
Hi Oslo team,

Can you please clarify for how long you plan to keep ‘blocking executor’ deprecated before complete removal?

We have to use it in Mistral for the time being. We plan to move away from using it but the transition may take significant time, not this cycle for sure. So we got worried when we heard the news that it’s now been deprecated.

Thanks

Renat Akhmerov
@Nokia

Re: [oslo.messaging][mistral] For how long is blocking executor deprecated?

Ренат Ахмеров
Ok, I think I already got my question answered: https://docs.openstack.org/releasenotes/oslo.messaging/unreleased.html#deprecation-notes

Thanks

Renat Akhmerov
@Nokia

On 13 Jun 2017, 13:59 +0700, Renat Akhmerov <[hidden email]>, wrote:
Hi Oslo team,

Can you please clarify for how long you plan to keep ‘blocking executor’ deprecated before complete removal?

We have to use it in Mistral for the time being. We plan to move away from using it but the transition may take significant time, not this cycle for sure. So we got worried when we heard the news that it’s now been deprecated.

Thanks

Renat Akhmerov
@Nokia

Re: [oslo.messaging][mistral] For how long is blocking executor deprecated?

Mehdi Abaakouk

On Tue, Jun 13, 2017 at 01:53:02PM +0700, Renat Akhmerov wrote:
>Can you please clarify for how long you plan to keep ‘blocking executor’ deprecated before complete removal?

Like all deprecations. We just done it, so you have two cycles, we will
remove it in Rocky.

But as I said, this executor have never ever be tested. Even its
currently default, this default was chosen to not default to 'eventlet'
or 'threading', because this is an application choice and not a lib one.
But this (bad) default and the poor logged message haven't helped to
ensure application make the choice. That why blocking executor is not
deprecated and all 'executor' parameters in oslo.messaging will become
mandatory.

Mehdi Abaakouk
mail: [hidden email]
irc: sileht