persistent modifications to VM images

lihuiba
Hi,

I'm using Eucalyptus in a private cloud, and I've found a missing
feature. So I want to know whether it exists in OpenStack.

Sometimes, I want to make some persistent modifications to the
image, in the  hope that they will stay there after shutdown and
cold start.

This requirment is missing in Eucalyptus and perhaps Amazon.
Does it exist in OpenStack, or does it exist in any other cloud
computing solution?

Thanks!

magazine.lihuiba
2011-08-16

persistent modifications to VM images

Leandro Reox
In openstack you have the hability to persist data on time till you DESTROY
(terminate) the instance . And since "shutdown" function its not mapped to
terminate like amazon, you can leave it there and recover it issuing "nova
reboot $instance" anytime.

Regards