[ptg] Strawman Queens PTG week slicing

12

[ptg] Strawman Queens PTG week slicing

Thierry Carrez
Hi everyone,

In a previous thread[1] I introduced the idea of moving the PTG from a
purely horizontal/vertical week split to a more
inter-project/intra-project activities split, and the initial comments
were positive.

We need to solidify how the week will look like before we open up
registration (first week of June), so that people can plan their
attendance accordingly. Based on the currently-signed-up teams and
projected room availability, I built a strawman proposal of how that
could look:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1xmOdT6uZ5XqViActr5sBOaz_mEgjKSCY7NEWcAEcT-A/pubhtml?gid=397241312&single=true

Let me know what you think. If you're scheduled on the Wed-Fri but would
rather be scheduled on Mon-Tue to avoid conflicting with another team,
let me know. If you're scheduled on Wed-Fri but plan to skip the Friday,
let me know as well, I'll update the spreadsheet accordingly.

One of the things you might notice on Mon-Tue is the "helproom" concept.
In the spirit of separating inter-project and intra-project activities,
support teams (Infra, QA, Release Management, Stable branch maintenance,
but also teams that are looking at decentralizing their work like Docs
or Horizon) would have team members in helprooms available to provide
guidance to vertical teams on their specific needs. Some of those teams
(like Infra/QA) could still have a "team meeting" on Wed-Fri to get
stuff done as a team, though.

[1] http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-dev/2017-May/116971.html

--
Thierry Carrez (ttx)

Re: [ptg] Strawman Queens PTG week slicing

Dmitry Tantsur
On 05/24/2017 12:10 PM, Thierry Carrez wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
> In a previous thread[1] I introduced the idea of moving the PTG from a
> purely horizontal/vertical week split to a more
> inter-project/intra-project activities split, and the initial comments
> were positive.
>
> We need to solidify how the week will look like before we open up
> registration (first week of June), so that people can plan their
> attendance accordingly. Based on the currently-signed-up teams and
> projected room availability, I built a strawman proposal of how that
> could look:
>
> https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1xmOdT6uZ5XqViActr5sBOaz_mEgjKSCY7NEWcAEcT-A/pubhtml?gid=397241312&single=true
>
> Let me know what you think. If you're scheduled on the Wed-Fri but would
> rather be scheduled on Mon-Tue to avoid conflicting with another team,
> let me know. If you're scheduled on Wed-Fri but plan to skip the Friday,
> let me know as well, I'll update the spreadsheet accordingly.

This looks good.

I'm only surprised that Ironic is under question for the VM-BM room. We're the
Bare Metal service after all :) Please correct me if I'm misunderstanding that
room's purpose.

> One of the things you might notice on Mon-Tue is the "helproom" concept.
> In the spirit of separating inter-project and intra-project activities,
> support teams (Infra, QA, Release Management, Stable branch maintenance,
> but also teams that are looking at decentralizing their work like Docs
> or Horizon) would have team members in helprooms available to provide
> guidance to vertical teams on their specific needs. Some of those teams
> (like Infra/QA) could still have a "team meeting" on Wed-Fri to get
> stuff done as a team, though.

I don't have a strong opinion here, but this sounds like a great idea.

> [1] http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-dev/2017-May/116971.html

Re: [ptg] Strawman Queens PTG week slicing

Andrea Frittoli

On Wed, May 24, 2017 at 11:40 AM Dmitry Tantsur <[hidden email]> wrote:
On 05/24/2017 12:10 PM, Thierry Carrez wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> In a previous thread[1] I introduced the idea of moving the PTG from a
> purely horizontal/vertical week split to a more
> inter-project/intra-project activities split, and the initial comments
> were positive.
>
> We need to solidify how the week will look like before we open up
> registration (first week of June), so that people can plan their
> attendance accordingly. Based on the currently-signed-up teams and
> projected room availability, I built a strawman proposal of how that
> could look:
>
> https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1xmOdT6uZ5XqViActr5sBOaz_mEgjKSCY7NEWcAEcT-A/pubhtml?gid=397241312&single=true
>
> Let me know what you think. If you're scheduled on the Wed-Fri but would
> rather be scheduled on Mon-Tue to avoid conflicting with another team,
> let me know. If you're scheduled on Wed-Fri but plan to skip the Friday,
> let me know as well, I'll update the spreadsheet accordingly.

This looks good.

I'm only surprised that Ironic is under question for the VM-BM room. We're the
Bare Metal service after all :) Please correct me if I'm misunderstanding that
room's purpose.

> One of the things you might notice on Mon-Tue is the "helproom" concept.
> In the spirit of separating inter-project and intra-project activities,
> support teams (Infra, QA, Release Management, Stable branch maintenance,
> but also teams that are looking at decentralizing their work like Docs
> or Horizon) would have team members in helprooms available to provide
> guidance to vertical teams on their specific needs.

This looks fine for me, one thing that I missed in Atlanta was the possibility to join
any of the WG sessions. By moving QA sessions to the 2nd part of the week,
QA team members could take turn attending the QA help room and join WG
conversations where needed.

Some of those teams
> (like Infra/QA) could still have a "team meeting" on Wed-Fri to get
> stuff done as a team, though.

The only concern I have here is that the topics to be discussed by the QA and Infra
teams will be different and a shared room might not be ideal since we would have two
ongoing discussions in the same room.
The three days would be a mix of QA sessions and hacking. Sharing a room for the
hacking part is not an issue, but I would prefer to have a dedicated room for at least 1.5 days.

andrea

Dmitry Tantsur wrote:

> On 05/24/2017 12:10 PM, Thierry Carrez wrote:
>> https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1xmOdT6uZ5XqViActr5sBOaz_mEgjKSCY7NEWcAEcT-A/pubhtml?gid=397241312&single=true
>>
>> Let me know what you think. If you're scheduled on the Wed-Fri but would
>> rather be scheduled on Mon-Tue to avoid conflicting with another team,
>> let me know. If you're scheduled on Wed-Fri but plan to skip the Friday,
>> let me know as well, I'll update the spreadsheet accordingly.
>
> This looks good.
>
> I'm only surprised that Ironic is under question for the VM-BM room.
> We're the Bare Metal service after all :) Please correct me if I'm
> misunderstanding that room's purpose.

No, you're totally right. I placed it with the question mark because
there were some suggestions after Atlanta that Ironic would prefer to
have their room on Mon-Tue to not conflict with anything else, so I left
that door open. Now with the Nova-Ironic discussion happening in that WG
room on Mon-Tue it probably makes sense to stay on Wed-Fri for the team
meeting :)

On 05/24/2017 02:30 PM, Thierry Carrez wrote:

> Dmitry Tantsur wrote:
>> On 05/24/2017 12:10 PM, Thierry Carrez wrote:
>>> https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1xmOdT6uZ5XqViActr5sBOaz_mEgjKSCY7NEWcAEcT-A/pubhtml?gid=397241312&single=true
>>>
>>> Let me know what you think. If you're scheduled on the Wed-Fri but would
>>> rather be scheduled on Mon-Tue to avoid conflicting with another team,
>>> let me know. If you're scheduled on Wed-Fri but plan to skip the Friday,
>>> let me know as well, I'll update the spreadsheet accordingly.
>>
>> This looks good.
>>
>> I'm only surprised that Ironic is under question for the VM-BM room.
>> We're the Bare Metal service after all :) Please correct me if I'm
>> misunderstanding that room's purpose.
>
> No, you're totally right. I placed it with the question mark because
> there were some suggestions after Atlanta that Ironic would prefer to
> have their room on Mon-Tue to not conflict with anything else, so I left
> that door open. Now with the Nova-Ironic discussion happening in that WG
> room on Mon-Tue it probably makes sense to stay on Wed-Fri for the team
> meeting :)

+1, this makes sense to me.

Re: [ptg] Strawman Queens PTG week slicing

Sean McGinnis

On 05/24/2017 05:10 AM, Thierry Carrez wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
> In a previous thread[1] I introduced the idea of moving the PTG from a
> purely horizontal/vertical week split to a more
> inter-project/intra-project activities split, and the initial comments
> were positive.
>
> We need to solidify how the week will look like before we open up
> registration (first week of June), so that people can plan their
> attendance accordingly. Based on the currently-signed-up teams and
> projected room availability, I built a strawman proposal of how that
> could look:
>
> https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1xmOdT6uZ5XqViActr5sBOaz_mEgjKSCY7NEWcAEcT-A/pubhtml?gid=397241312&single=true

This looks fine for Cinder. Good idea putting up a strawman for folks to
review.

One question on room sizes. In ATL the Cinder room was very large, to
the point that it was actually a little difficult hearing some people
for some of the discussions.

I see Cinder is down for an XL room. Any idea of the size of the rooms
this time around? If they are going to be as spacious as ATL, I think a
L room might actually work better for us than XL. Of course I say this
not really knowing how many attendees we will end up with. We can always
reconfigure the tables in the larger room, which we did end up doing in ATL.

This feels really odd saying we have too much room. ;)

Sean

Re: [ptg] Strawman Queens PTG week slicing

Doug Hellmann-2
Excerpts from Thierry Carrez's message of 2017-05-24 12:10:17 +0200:

> Hi everyone,
>
> In a previous thread[1] I introduced the idea of moving the PTG from a
> purely horizontal/vertical week split to a more
> inter-project/intra-project activities split, and the initial comments
> were positive.
>
> We need to solidify how the week will look like before we open up
> registration (first week of June), so that people can plan their
> attendance accordingly. Based on the currently-signed-up teams and
> projected room availability, I built a strawman proposal of how that
> could look:
>
> https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1xmOdT6uZ5XqViActr5sBOaz_mEgjKSCY7NEWcAEcT-A/pubhtml?gid=397241312&single=true
>
> Let me know what you think. If you're scheduled on the Wed-Fri but would
> rather be scheduled on Mon-Tue to avoid conflicting with another team,
> let me know. If you're scheduled on Wed-Fri but plan to skip the Friday,
> let me know as well, I'll update the spreadsheet accordingly.
>
> One of the things you might notice on Mon-Tue is the "helproom" concept.
> In the spirit of separating inter-project and intra-project activities,
> support teams (Infra, QA, Release Management, Stable branch maintenance,
> but also teams that are looking at decentralizing their work like Docs
> or Horizon) would have team members in helprooms available to provide
> guidance to vertical teams on their specific needs. Some of those teams
> (like Infra/QA) could still have a "team meeting" on Wed-Fri to get
> stuff done as a team, though.
>
> [1] http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-dev/2017-May/116971.html

Two questions about theme-based initiatives:

I would like to have a discussion about the work to stop syncing
requirements and to see if we can make progress on the implementation
while we have the right people together. That seems like a topic
for Monday or Tuesday. Would I reserve one of the "last-minute WG"
rooms or extra rooms (it doesn't feel very last-minute if I know
about it now)?

I don't see a time on here for the Docs team to work together on
the major initiative they have going to change how publishing works.
I didn't have the impression that we could anticipate that work
being completed this cycle. Is the "helproom" going to be enough,
or do we need a separate session for that, too?

Doug

Doug Hellmann wrote:
> Two questions about theme-based initiatives:
>
> I would like to have a discussion about the work to stop syncing
> requirements and to see if we can make progress on the implementation
> while we have the right people together. That seems like a topic
> for Monday or Tuesday. Would I reserve one of the "last-minute WG"
> rooms or extra rooms (it doesn't feel very last-minute if I know
> about it now)?

We have some flexibility there, depending on how much time we need. If
it's an hour or two, I would go and book one of the "reservable rooms".
If it's a day or two, I would assign one of the rooms reserved for
upcoming workgroups/informal teams. "Last-minute" is confusing (just
changed it on the spreadsheet), those rooms are more to cater for needs
that are not represented in formal workgroups today.

> I don't see a time on here for the Docs team to work together on
> the major initiative they have going to change how publishing works.
> I didn't have the impression that we could anticipate that work
> being completed this cycle. Is the "helproom" going to be enough,
> or do we need a separate session for that, too?

Again, we should be pretty flexible on that. We can reuse the doc
helproom, or we can say that the doc helproom is only on one day and the
other day is dedicated to making the doc publishing work. And if the doc
refactoring ends up being a release goal, it could use a release goal
room instead.

All in all, the idea is to show that on Mon-Tue we have a number of
rooms set apart to cover for any inter-project need we may have (already
identified or not). The room allocation is actually much tighter on
Wed-Thu :)

Sean McGinnis wrote:
> I see Cinder is down for an XL room. Any idea of the size of the rooms
> this time around? If they are going to be as spacious as ATL, I think a
> L room might actually work better for us than XL. Of course I say this
> not really knowing how many attendees we will end up with. We can always
> reconfigure the tables in the larger room, which we did end up doing in
> ATL.

Good question -- I don't have the room maps yet, and on the data I have
"XL" rooms are marked for 50-80 people. I'll let you know when I know
more. Don't read too much into the room sizes as that may/will change
anyway. Let's validate the days layout first (i.e. what would be
happening on which day).

--
Thierry Carrez (ttx)

Re: [ptg] Strawman Queens PTG week slicing

Jay Bryant
Thierry,

Thank you for getting this Strawman out.  I think it is helpful!

I think the plan looks good.

Jay

On 5/24/2017 5:10 AM, Thierry Carrez wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
> In a previous thread[1] I introduced the idea of moving the PTG from a
> purely horizontal/vertical week split to a more
> inter-project/intra-project activities split, and the initial comments
> were positive.
>
> We need to solidify how the week will look like before we open up
> registration (first week of June), so that people can plan their
> attendance accordingly. Based on the currently-signed-up teams and
> projected room availability, I built a strawman proposal of how that
> could look:
>
> https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1xmOdT6uZ5XqViActr5sBOaz_mEgjKSCY7NEWcAEcT-A/pubhtml?gid=397241312&single=true
>
> Let me know what you think. If you're scheduled on the Wed-Fri but would
> rather be scheduled on Mon-Tue to avoid conflicting with another team,
> let me know. If you're scheduled on Wed-Fri but plan to skip the Friday,
> let me know as well, I'll update the spreadsheet accordingly.
>
> One of the things you might notice on Mon-Tue is the "helproom" concept.
> In the spirit of separating inter-project and intra-project activities,
> support teams (Infra, QA, Release Management, Stable branch maintenance,
> but also teams that are looking at decentralizing their work like Docs
> or Horizon) would have team members in helprooms available to provide
> guidance to vertical teams on their specific needs. Some of those teams
> (like Infra/QA) could still have a "team meeting" on Wed-Fri to get
> stuff done as a team, though.
>
> [1] http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-dev/2017-May/116971.html

Re: [ptg] Strawman Queens PTG week slicing

Jeremy Stanley
On 2017-05-24 12:10:17 +0200 (+0200), Thierry Carrez wrote:
[...]
> One of the things you might notice on Mon-Tue is the "helproom" concept.
> In the spirit of separating inter-project and intra-project activities,
> support teams (Infra, QA, Release Management, Stable branch maintenance,
> but also teams that are looking at decentralizing their work like Docs
> or Horizon) would have team members in helprooms available to provide
> guidance to vertical teams on their specific needs. Some of those teams
> (like Infra/QA) could still have a "team meeting" on Wed-Fri to get
> stuff done as a team, though.
[...]

I really like this idea (wish I'd thought of it!), both because I
enjoy helping others solve problems but also because that desire to
help random people with issues prevented me from participating more
meaningfully in our inward-focused teamwork at the first PTG. I'm
entirely in favor of having my cake and eating it too. ;)
--
Jeremy Stanley

On 2017-05-24 11:58:15 +0000 (+0000), Andrea Frittoli wrote:
[...]
> The only concern I have here is that the topics to be discussed by
> the QA and Infra teams will be different and a shared room might
> not be ideal since we would have two ongoing discussions in the
> same room. The three days would be a mix of QA sessions and
> hacking. Sharing a room for the hacking part is not an issue, but
> I would prefer to have a dedicated room for at least 1.5 days.

Agreed, we could still probably make it work, but even with just the
Infra team by itself in a room at the first PTG we had enough
efforts/discussions going on in parallel that it got distracting at
times and we had to ask Monty^H^H^H^H^Hpeople to converse more
quietly. ;)

That said, moving general help to other days will probably cut down
on some of it too. So while I'd prefer the Infra team got its own
room, I understand if there's not enough to go around.
--
Jeremy Stanley

On 2017-05-24 08:28:56 -0500 (-0500), Sean McGinnis wrote:
[...]
> In ATL the Cinder room was very large, to the point that it was
> actually a little difficult hearing some people for some of the
> discussions.
[...]

Was the room actually full, or were people just failing to properly
huddle up in one spot so they could hear? The former is probably
just something that has to be dealt with through other means than
resizing rooms, but the latter seems perfectly solvable by just
telling people that if they want to hear they should come where all
the action is.
--
Jeremy Stanley

Re: [ptg] Strawman Queens PTG week slicing

Doug Hellmann-2
Excerpts from Thierry Carrez's message of 2017-05-24 16:44:44 +0200:

> Doug Hellmann wrote:
> > Two questions about theme-based initiatives:
> >
> > I would like to have a discussion about the work to stop syncing
> > requirements and to see if we can make progress on the implementation
> > while we have the right people together. That seems like a topic
> > for Monday or Tuesday. Would I reserve one of the "last-minute WG"
> > rooms or extra rooms (it doesn't feel very last-minute if I know
> > about it now)?
>
> We have some flexibility there, depending on how much time we need. If
> it's an hour or two, I would go and book one of the "reservable rooms".
> If it's a day or two, I would assign one of the rooms reserved for
> upcoming workgroups/informal teams. "Last-minute" is confusing (just
> changed it on the spreadsheet), those rooms are more to cater for needs
> that are not represented in formal workgroups today.

Ideally I'd like some time to actually hack on the tools. If that's not
possible, an hour or two to work out a detailed plan would be enough.

> > I don't see a time on here for the Docs team to work together on
> > the major initiative they have going to change how publishing works.
> > I didn't have the impression that we could anticipate that work
> > being completed this cycle. Is the "helproom" going to be enough,
> > or do we need a separate session for that, too?
>
> Again, we should be pretty flexible on that. We can reuse the doc
> helproom, or we can say that the doc helproom is only on one day and the
> other day is dedicated to making the doc publishing work. And if the doc
> refactoring ends up being a release goal, it could use a release goal
> room instead.

Let's see what Alex thinks.

> All in all, the idea is to show that on Mon-Tue we have a number of
> rooms set apart to cover for any inter-project need we may have (already
> identified or not). The room allocation is actually much tighter on
> Wed-Thu :)

OK.

Doug

Re: [ptg] Strawman Queens PTG week slicing

Alexandra Settle-2

On 5/24/17, 4:34 PM, "Doug Hellmann" <[hidden email]> wrote:

    Excerpts from Thierry Carrez's message of 2017-05-24 16:44:44 +0200:
    > Doug Hellmann wrote:
    > > Two questions about theme-based initiatives:
    > >
    > > I would like to have a discussion about the work to stop syncing
    > > requirements and to see if we can make progress on the implementation
    > > while we have the right people together. That seems like a topic
    > > for Monday or Tuesday. Would I reserve one of the "last-minute WG"
    > > rooms or extra rooms (it doesn't feel very last-minute if I know
    > > about it now)?
    >
    > We have some flexibility there, depending on how much time we need. If
    > it's an hour or two, I would go and book one of the "reservable rooms".
    > If it's a day or two, I would assign one of the rooms reserved for
    > upcoming workgroups/informal teams. "Last-minute" is confusing (just
    > changed it on the spreadsheet), those rooms are more to cater for needs
    > that are not represented in formal workgroups today.

    Ideally I'd like some time to actually hack on the tools. If that's not
    possible, an hour or two to work out a detailed plan would be enough.

    > > I don't see a time on here for the Docs team to work together on
    > > the major initiative they have going to change how publishing works.
    > > I didn't have the impression that we could anticipate that work
    > > being completed this cycle. Is the "helproom" going to be enough,
    > > or do we need a separate session for that, too?
    >
    > Again, we should be pretty flexible on that. We can reuse the doc
    > helproom, or we can say that the doc helproom is only on one day and the
    > other day is dedicated to making the doc publishing work. And if the doc
    > refactoring ends up being a release goal, it could use a release goal
    > room instead.

    Let's see what Alex thinks.

To be honest, I don’t want to assume we’re going to need all this space when potentially, we may not. Attendance for docs and I18N is low, but that was greatly increased last PTG due to the ability to have remote attendees. But that’s not what’s being discussed here…

I would appreciate the room the grow. I would like to find out, first and foremost, what is our action plan for docs. This is going to be a monstrous effort, and we’re quite possibly going to need space at events like the PTG to hack away and get things going.

So, I know that didn’t overly answer the question right now, but I hope it gives some perspective as to why I’m holding back a bit here. The strawman is appreciated, thanks Thierry. The small room for docs seems feasible. I just hope there will be the ability to spill over and open up the rest of the week to hack.

    > All in all, the idea is to show that on Mon-Tue we have a number of
    > rooms set apart to cover for any inter-project need we may have (already
    > identified or not). The room allocation is actually much tighter on
    > Wed-Thu :)

    OK.

    Doug

On 05/24/2017 10:13 AM, Jeremy Stanley wrote:

> On 2017-05-24 08:28:56 -0500 (-0500), Sean McGinnis wrote:
> [...]
>> In ATL the Cinder room was very large, to the point that it was
>> actually a little difficult hearing some people for some of the
>> discussions.
> [...]
>
> Was the room actually full, or were people just failing to properly
> huddle up in one spot so they could hear? The former is probably
> just something that has to be dealt with through other means than
> resizing rooms, but the latter seems perfectly solvable by just
> telling people that if they want to hear they should come where all
> the action is.

It was mostly just due to the layout of the tables, and the really
loud HVAC fans blowing. We did end up moving tables closer together
from their original huge square layout, but we probably could have
shrunk it down even more. It was fine, we just could have probably
gotten by with 1/2 - 2/3 of the room.

On 05/24/2017 05:57 PM, Sean McGinnis wrote:

> On 05/24/2017 10:13 AM, Jeremy Stanley wrote:
>> On 2017-05-24 08:28:56 -0500 (-0500), Sean McGinnis wrote:
>> [...]
>>> In ATL the Cinder room was very large, to the point that it was
>>> actually a little difficult hearing some people for some of the
>>> discussions.
>> [...]
>>
>> Was the room actually full, or were people just failing to properly
>> huddle up in one spot so they could hear? The former is probably
>> just something that has to be dealt with through other means than
>> resizing rooms, but the latter seems perfectly solvable by just
>> telling people that if they want to hear they should come where all
>> the action is.
>>

> It was mostly just due to the layout of the tables, and the really
> loud HVAC fans blowing. We did end up moving tables closer together
> from their original huge square layout, but we probably could have
> shrunk it down even more. It was fine, we just could have probably
> gotten by with 1/2 - 2/3 of the room.

In the Ironic room we also had to move tables a bit closer. They were really far
apart, and not all contributors where comfortable with raising their voice.

On 2017-05-24 18:11:12 +0200 (+0200), Dmitry Tantsur wrote:
> On 05/24/2017 05:57 PM, Sean McGinnis wrote:
[...]
> > It was mostly just due to the layout of the tables
[...]
> > We did end up moving tables closer together from their original
> > huge square layout
>
> In the Ironic room we also had to move tables a bit closer. They
> were really far apart, and not all contributors where comfortable
> with raising their voice.
[...]

The organizers tried really hard to convey that rearranging
tables/chairs in each room was not only allowed but encouraged.
Hopefully by the time September rolls around that message will sink
in. ;)
--
Jeremy Stanley

Re: [ptg] Strawman Queens PTG week slicing

Sean McGinnis
>>> We did end up moving tables closer together from their original
>>> huge square layout
>>
>> In the Ironic room we also had to move tables a bit closer. They
>> were really far apart, and not all contributors where comfortable
>> with raising their voice.
> [...]
>
> The organizers tried really hard to convey that rearranging
> tables/chairs in each room was not only allowed but encouraged.
> Hopefully by the time September rolls around that message will sink
> in. ;)

Well, it could be more encouraging this time if the tables aren't
connected together making it difficult to easily rearrange them. :]

On 2017-05-24 13:25:21 -0500 (-0500), Sean McGinnis wrote:
[...]
> Well, it could be more encouraging this time if the tables aren't
> connected together making it difficult to easily rearrange them. :]

A very good point I've now passed along to them, along with a
suggestion to make up a bunch of little signs to throw onto the
tables that say something like, "please move these tables wherever
works best for your team, we mean it!"
--
Jeremy Stanley

12