[puppet] [stable] Deprecation of newton branches

[puppet] [stable] Deprecation of newton branches

Tobias Urdin-2
Hello,

We've been talking for a while about the deprecation and removal of the
stable/newton branches.
I think it's time now that we get rid of them, we have no open patches
and Newton is considered EOL.

Could cores get back with a quick feedback and then the stable team can
get rid of those whenever they have time.

Best regards
Tobias

Re: [puppet] [stable] Deprecation of newton branches

Emilien Macchi-4
+1 for me, I haven't seen much interest in keeping these branches for puppet modules.
I also would like to hear from our users though.

On Mon, Nov 19, 2018 at 3:18 AM Tobias Urdin <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hello,

We've been talking for a while about the deprecation and removal of the
stable/newton branches.
I think it's time now that we get rid of them, we have no open patches
and Newton is considered EOL.

Could cores get back with a quick feedback and then the stable team can
get rid of those whenever they have time.

Best regards
Tobias

Emilien Macchi

Re: [puppet] [stable] Deprecation of newton branches

Mohammed Naser
With my core hat, I would give it a +1.  At this point, it has no open patches and the last one we merged was 7 months ago.

I can't speak about it as an operator as we don't run anything that old.

On Mon, Nov 19, 2018 at 7:43 AM Emilien Macchi <[hidden email]> wrote:
+1 for me, I haven't seen much interest in keeping these branches for puppet modules.
I also would like to hear from our users though.

On Mon, Nov 19, 2018 at 3:18 AM Tobias Urdin <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hello,

We've been talking for a while about the deprecation and removal of the
stable/newton branches.
I think it's time now that we get rid of them, we have no open patches
and Newton is considered EOL.

Could cores get back with a quick feedback and then the stable team can
get rid of those whenever they have time.

Best regards
Tobias

Emilien Macchi

Mohammed Naser — vexxhost

Re: [puppet] [stable] Deprecation of newton branches

Iury Gregory
+1 for me

Em seg, 19 de nov de 2018 às 13:51, Mohammed Naser <[hidden email]> escreveu:
[...]

Att[]'s
Iury Gregory Melo Ferreira
MSc in Computer Science at UFCG
Part of the puppet-manager-core team in OpenStack
Software Engineer at Red Hat Czech
E-mail:  [hidden email]

Re: [puppet] [stable] Deprecation of newton branches

Alex Schultz-2
On Mon, Nov 19, 2018 at 1:18 AM Tobias Urdin <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> We've been talking for a while about the deprecation and removal of the
> stable/newton branches.
> I think it's time now that we get rid of them, we have no open patches
> and Newton is considered EOL.
>
> Could cores get back with a quick feedback and then the stable team can
> get rid of those whenever they have time.

yes please. let's EOL them

> Best regards
> Tobias

Re: [puppet] [stable] Deprecation of newton branches

Tobias Urdin-2
Hello,
This got lost way down in my mailbox.

I think we have a consensus about getting rid of the newton branches.
Does anybody in Stable release team have time to deprecate the
stable/newton branches?

Best regards
Tobias