[puppet][tripleo] Add ganesha puppet module

[puppet][tripleo] Add ganesha puppet module

Jan Provazník
Hi,
we would like to use nfs-ganesha for accessing shares on ceph storage
cluster[1]. There is not yet a puppet module which would install and
configure nfs-ganesha service. So to be able to set up nfs-ganesha with
TripleO, I'd like to create a new ganesha puppet module under
openstack-puppet umbrella unless there is a disagreement?

Thanks, Jan

[1] https://blueprints.launchpad.net/tripleo/+spec/nfs-ganesha

Re: [puppet][tripleo] Add ganesha puppet module

Emilien Macchi-4
On Mon, Jun 12, 2017 at 12:27 PM, Jan Provaznik <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi,
> we would like to use nfs-ganesha for accessing shares on ceph storage
> cluster[1]. There is not yet a puppet module which would install and
> configure nfs-ganesha service. So to be able to set up nfs-ganesha with
> TripleO, I'd like to create a new ganesha puppet module under
> openstack-puppet umbrella unless there is a disagreement?

If you see it benefit to re-use our libraries, OpenStack Infra, our
cookiecutter and our release management, then I guess yes, this is the
right place, like we have puppet-ceph already for example.
+1 from me.

> Thanks, Jan
>
> [1] https://blueprints.launchpad.net/tripleo/+spec/nfs-ganesha

Emilien Macchi

Re: [puppet][tripleo] Add ganesha puppet module

Alex Schultz-2
On Mon, Jun 12, 2017 at 4:27 AM, Jan Provaznik <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi,
> we would like to use nfs-ganesha for accessing shares on ceph storage
> cluster[1]. There is not yet a puppet module which would install and
> configure nfs-ganesha service. So to be able to set up nfs-ganesha with
> TripleO, I'd like to create a new ganesha puppet module under
> openstack-puppet umbrella unless there is a disagreement?

I don't have any particular issue with it.  Feel free to follow the guide[0]

Thanks,
-Alex

[0] https://docs.openstack.org/developer/puppet-openstack-guide/new-module.html

On 06/14/2017 01:09 AM, Alex Schultz wrote:

> On Mon, Jun 12, 2017 at 4:27 AM, Jan Provaznik <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Hi,
>> we would like to use nfs-ganesha for accessing shares on ceph storage
>> cluster[1]. There is not yet a puppet module which would install and
>> configure nfs-ganesha service. So to be able to set up nfs-ganesha with
>> TripleO, I'd like to create a new ganesha puppet module under
>> openstack-puppet umbrella unless there is a disagreement?
>>

> I don't have any particular issue with it.  Feel free to follow the guide[0]
>
> Thanks,
> -Alex
>
> [0] https://docs.openstack.org/developer/puppet-openstack-guide/new-module.html

Great, I've submitted a patch for adding this project:
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/474474/

Thanks, Jan