[scientific] IRC Meeting: Papers, Singularity, CephFS, upcoming events

[scientific] IRC Meeting: Papers, Singularity, CephFS, upcoming events

Stig Telfer-2
Hello all -

We have an IRC meeting coming up on Wednesday at 0900 UTC in channel #openstack-meeting.

This week's agenda includes a number of events taking place over the summer, curating an archive of research papers relating to OpenStack, and sharing experiences and best practice on using CephFS for cluster filesystems:

Hopefully see you on Wednesday, 0900 UTC, #openstack-meeting.  Details of how to join are at:

Cheers,
Stig

Re: [User-committee] [scientific] IRC Meeting: Papers, Singularity, CephFS, upcoming events

Tim Bell

I’ll try to join but just in case ….

The CERN CephFS experience is at https://www.openstack.org/videos/boston-2017/manila-on-cephfs-at-cern-the-short-way-to-production. Happy with the solution as a POSIX compliant shared file system. Only slight concern is that the kernel client does not have quota support yet so we’re only deploying FUSE.

For the papers repository, I’ve described how new documents can be submitted at http://openstack-in-production.blogspot.fr/2017/06/openstack-papers-community-on-zenodo.html. Integrating with Planet OpenStack is not easy but I think there is significant value to providing research portal compliant with OpenStack’s principles…. And it runs on the CERN OpenStack cloud too

Tim