[scientific] IRC Meeting: RDMA-enabled Hadoop and Spark, Open Research Cloud - Tuesday 2100 UTC

[scientific] IRC Meeting: RDMA-enabled Hadoop and Spark, Open Research Cloud - Tuesday 2100 UTC

Stig Telfer-2
Hello all -

We have an IRC meeting coming up on Tuesday at 2100 UTC in channel #openstack-meeting.

This week we have Dr Xiaoyi Lu and Prof DK Panda from Ohio State University to talk about HiBD, their project for creating RDMA-enabled optimisations of Hadoop, Spark and Memcached.  For context (and some impressive benchmarks), DK recently presented their work at HPCAC:

- Video: https://youtu.be/MOUL_rOqQUw
- Slides: http://www.hpcadvisorycouncil.com/events/2017/swiss-workshop/pdf/Tuesday11April/DKPanda_BigDataMeetsHPC_Tue04112017.pdf

We’ll be discussing subjects such as implementation in OpenStack infrastructure.

We’ll also have an update on the Open Research Cloud initiative, and look ahead to Scientific OpenStack events coming this summer.

Hopefully see you on Tuesday, 2100 UTC, #openstack-meeting.  Everyone is welcome.  Details of how to join are at:

http://eavesdrop.openstack.org/#Scientific_Working_Group

Cheers,
Stig

[scientific] Starting soon: IRC Meeting: RDMA-enabled Hadoop and Spark, Open Research Cloud - Tuesday 2100 UTC

Stig Telfer-2
Hello all -

We have an IRC meeting coming up on Tuesday at 2100 UTC in channel #openstack-meeting - about 90 minutes time.