Not much TC activity again this week as everyone is focused on producing
Pike release candidates.
== Leaderless project teams ==
We have two teams (3.4% of the total of teams) where nobody stepped
up to take the Project Team Lead position for the Queens cycle: Storlets
and Packaging-Deb. Following process, the Technical Committee will
look for and directly appoint a volunteer (or move the team off the
official OpenStack project team list if it has no further activity).
In the case of Packaging-Deb, a transition is actually under way to
bring it back after Pike to Debian project infrastructure, closer to
where Debian maintainers live and usually collaborate, so it's unlikely
that the Technical Committee will appoint anyone for Queens.
For Storlets, the project has been a lot less active lately. I've been
reaching out to the two main recent contributors to get a more accurate
picture of their plans, so that we can take a decision there.
== Open discussions ==
Flavio just refreshed his resolution about allowing teams to host
meetings in their own IRC channels, please see it at:
From the latest reviews, it looks like John's resolution on how
decisions should be globally inclusive could use a new patchset (or be
morphed into project-team-guide material). Please review it if you
Trove's status:maintenance-mode addition is WIP until Queens opens,
which should happen very soon now. One question is whether Trove is now
past the low point, and setting the tag would convey the wrong message
for a recovering project. Please join the discussion if you have an opinion:
All TC members should have a close look on Storlets team status to make
up their mind on what to do with it in Queens.
Flavio still needs to incorporate feedback in the "Drop TC meetings"
proposal and produce a new patchset, or abandon it since we pretty much
already implemented the described change.
== Need for a TC meeting next Tuesday ==
It feels like things are progressing slowly, with office hours and
general #openstack-tc discussions to nudge them forward. Therefore I
don't think we need a synchronous TC meeting next week. Let me know if
you'd still like to have one and the topic you would like to see discussed.
Re: [tc] Technical Committee Status update, August 11th
On 11/08/17 12:11 +0200, Thierry Carrez wrote:
>== TC member actions for the coming week(s) ==
>All TC members should have a close look on Storlets team status to make
>up their mind on what to do with it in Queens.
>Flavio still needs to incorporate feedback in the "Drop TC meetings"
>proposal and produce a new patchset, or abandon it since we pretty much
>already implemented the described change.
I actually did already (probably seconds after you sent this email) :P