[telemetry][ceilometer][opendaylight][networking-odl] OpenDaylight Driver for Ceilometer

[telemetry][ceilometer][opendaylight][networking-odl] OpenDaylight Driver for Ceilometer

Deepthi V V

Hi,

We plan to propose a ceilometer driver for collecting network statistics information from OpenDaylight. We were thinking if we could have the driver code residing in networking-odl project instead of Ceilometer project. The thought is we have OpenDaylight depended code restricted to n-odl repo. Please let us know your thoughts on the same.

Thanks,

Deepthi

Re: [telemetry][ceilometer][opendaylight][networking-odl] OpenDaylight Driver for Ceilometer

gordon chung-2

On 12/06/17 04:25 AM, Deepthi V V wrote:

> Hi,
>

> We plan to propose a ceilometer driver for collecting network statistics
> information from OpenDaylight. We were thinking if we could have the
> driver code residing in networking-odl project instead of Ceilometer
> project. The thought is we have OpenDaylight depended code restricted to
> n-odl repo. Please let us know your thoughts on the same.

will this run as its own periodic service or do you need to leverage
ceilometer polling framework?

ideally, all this code will exists outside for ceilometer and have
ceilometer consume it. the ceilometer team is far from experts on ODL so
i don't think you want us reviewing ODL code. we'll be glad to help with
integration though.

cheers,

--
gord

Re: [telemetry][ceilometer][opendaylight][networking-odl] OpenDaylight Driver for Ceilometer

Isaku Yamahata-2
What's the policy of telemetry or ceilometer?

As long as it follows the policy of them,
networking-odl is fine to include such drivers.

Thanks,

On Mon, Jun 12, 2017 at 08:25:49AM +0000,
Deepthi V V <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> We plan to propose a ceilometer driver for collecting network statistics information from OpenDaylight. We were thinking if we could have the driver code residing in networking-odl project instead of Ceilometer project. The thought is we have OpenDaylight depended code restricted to n-odl repo. Please let us know your thoughts on the same.
>
> Thanks,
> Deepthi

Isaku Yamahata <[hidden email]>

Re: [telemetry][ceilometer][opendaylight][networking-odl] OpenDaylight Driver for Ceilometer

Deepthi V V

Adding Isaku's reply here:
" What's the policy of telemetry or ceilometer?

As long as it follows the policy of them, networking-odl is fine to include such drivers."
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Gordon, the driver would leverage ceilometer's polling framework. It will run as part of ceilometer-agent-central process and will be added to "network.statistics.drivers" Namespace.
I guess then we are good to add it to networking-odl?

Thanks,
Deepthi

On 13/06/17 08:22 AM, Deepthi V V wrote:
> Gordon, the driver would leverage ceilometer's polling framework. It will run as part of ceilometer-agent-central process and will be added to "network.statistics.drivers" Namespace.
> I guess then we are good to add it to networking-odl?

yep, you can also see how we add powervm in a separate repo here:
https://github.com/openstack/ceilometer-powervm. it basically leverages
ceilometer's interface but they manage the powervm specific stuff.

it's worked ok so far (i think) we just need to sync up on what
interface is in case other drivers want to do the same.

cheers,

--
gord