[tripleo] overcloud keystone error "Could not determine a suitable URL for the plugin"

[tripleo] overcloud keystone error "Could not determine a suitable URL for the plugin"

Moshe Levi

Hi all,

We deploy tripleo master using quickstart.

We this delorean repo:

name=delorean

baseurl=https://trunk.rdoproject.org/centos7-master/ac/82/ac82ea9271a4ae3860528eaf8a813da7209e62a6_28eeb6c7/

The undercloud and overcloud deployment were successfully, but we I try to run command on the overcloud

I am getting the  keystone error "Could not determine a suitable URL for the plugin"

See nova-list with debug info [1]

Do you know how to resolve this? Help in troubleshooting this issue will be appreciated.

[1]  http://paste.openstack.org/show/628240/

Re: [tripleo] overcloud keystone error "Could not determine a suitable URL for the plugin"

Juan Antonio Osorio
From the node you're running the nova command, do you have access to the 10.0.0.0 network (external)?

In virtual environments, quickstart will leave an overcloud-prep-network.sh script that will create a vlan interface that gives the undercloud access to that network. So, if it's a virtual environment and you're running that command from the undercloud (which from the log you sent it seems that's the case) you need to run that. Note that you need to run that every time you update your undercloud.

BR

On 6 Dec 2017 09:06, "Moshe Levi" <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi all,

We deploy tripleo master using quickstart.

We this delorean repo:

name=delorean

baseurl=https://trunk.rdoproject.org/centos7-master/ac/82/ac82ea9271a4ae3860528eaf8a813da7209e62a6_28eeb6c7/

The undercloud and overcloud deployment were successfully, but we I try to run command on the overcloud

I am getting the  keystone error "Could not determine a suitable URL for the plugin"

See nova-list with debug info [1]

Do you know how to resolve this? Help in troubleshooting this issue will be appreciated.

[1]  http://paste.openstack.org/show/628240/

Re: [tripleo] overcloud keystone error "Could not determine a suitable URL for the plugin"

Moshe Levi

I have the access to 10.0.0.0 network

I remove the

-e /home/stack/enable-tls.yaml -e ~/heat-templates/environments/tls-endpoints-public-ip.yaml -e /home/stack/inject-trust-anchor.yaml

Form the ./overcloud-deploy.sh and now it working

My /home/stack/enable-tls.yaml and /home/stack/inject-trust-anchor.yaml  were taken from

wget https://raw.githubusercontent.com/openstack-infra/tripleo-ci/master/test-environments/enable-tls.yaml

wget https://raw.githubusercontent.com/openstack-infra/tripleo-ci/master/test-environments/inject-trust-anchor.yaml

So maybe the is an issue with tripleo or just these config files

On 6 Dec 2017 16:58, "Moshe Levi" <[hidden email]> wrote:

I have the access to 10.0.0.0 network

I remove the

-e /home/stack/enable-tls.yaml -e ~/heat-templates/environments/tls-endpoints-public-ip.yaml -e /home/stack/inject-trust-anchor.yaml

Form the ./overcloud-deploy.sh and now it working

The issue you posted wasn't a TLS issue, but it might be that it was being hidden by nova. You could truly to access keystone directly and that will be more revealing.
This will only work if you use the exact same fixed IP as we use in CI. So i don't recommend using that. Rather generate your own certs or tell quickstart to do it for you by using the appropriate flag.

So maybe the is an issue with tripleo or just these config files

Re: [tripleo] overcloud keystone error "Could not determine a suitable URL for the plugin"

Moshe Levi

How do I tell quickstart to generate certs and enable tls?

Re: [tripleo] overcloud keystone error "Could not determine a suitable URL for the plugin"

Juan Antonio Osorio
By using the ssl_overcloud flag in your configuration and setting it to true.