[vitrage-dashboard] Alarm Header Blueprint

[vitrage-dashboard] Alarm Header Blueprint

Waines, Greg

I have registered a new blueprint in Vitrage-dashboard which leverages the proposed extensible headers of Horizon.

https://blueprints.launchpad.net/vitrage-dashboard/+spec/alarm-header

let me know your thoughts,

Greg

p.s proposed extensible header blueprint in horizon is here:

       https://blueprints.launchpad.net/horizon/+spec/extensible-header

From: "Afek, Ifat (Nokia - IL/Kfar Sava)" <[hidden email]>
Date: Wednesday, June 7, 2017 at 4:52 AM
To: Greg Waines <[hidden email]>
Cc: "Heller, Alon (Nokia - IL/Kfar Sava)" <[hidden email]>
Subject: Re: vitrage-dashboard blueprints / specs

Hi Greg,

Adding Alon, a vitrage-dashboard core contributor.

In general, your plan seems great J indeed, we don’t have many blueprints in vitrage-dashboard launchapd… the vitrage-dashboard team usually just implement the features and do code reviews without too many specs. You are welcome to write a blueprint-only description, and maybe send us (or add to the blueprintß) a UI mock.

Let us know if you need any help with that.

Best Regards,

Ifat.

From: "Waines, Greg" <[hidden email]>
Date: Wednesday, 7 June 2017 at 1:33
To: "Afek, Ifat (Nokia - IL/Kfar Sava)" <[hidden email]>
Subject: vitrage-dashboard blueprints / specs

Ifat,

Vitrage-dashboard seems to have very short 1-2 sentence blueprints and no spec files.

The Vitrage Alarm Count in Horizon Header work has turned into 3x blueprints now

- alarm-counts-api  in  Vitrage

- extensible-headers  in  Horizon                 ß I am in process of submitting this to Horizon

- alarm-header  in  Vitrage-Dashboard

What do you suggest for the blueprint / spec for Vitrage-Dashboard ?

I could submit a blueprint using the blueprint-only template used by Horizon.

let me know what you think,

Greg.

Re: [vitrage-dashboard] Alarm Header Blueprint

Afek, Ifat (Nokia - IL/Kfar Sava)

Looks great J

Since you wrote a long and impressive description, it might be worthwhile to push it to gerrit after all. As I said, we usually don’t push vitrage-dashboard specs to gerrit, so it’s really up to you.

Best Regards,

Ifat.

Re: [vitrage-dashboard] Alarm Header Blueprint

Waines, Greg

Alon,

Just checking if you’ve had a chance to look at the following blueprint:

https://blueprints.launchpad.net/vitrage-dashboard/+spec/alarm-header

The HORIZON blueprint that it depends on is, I believe, on the verge of

being approved ... Horizon maintainers want to move forward with it,

they’ve assigned a priority to the blueprint ... I think that means it will

move to Approved.

anyways,

would be interested in any comments you have on the Vitrage-Dashboard

blueprint,

Greg.

Re: [vitrage-dashboard] Alarm Header Blueprint

Waines, Greg

Actually just saw the horizon extensible header blueprint go approved.

see https://blueprints.launchpad.net/horizon/+spec/extensible-header

let me know what your thoughts are on the Vitrage-dashboard blueprint

Greg.

Re: [vitrage-dashboard] Alarm Header Blueprint

Waines, Greg

This is how it looks in our commercial solution.

It will look similar upstream ... although without the timestamp.

Greg.

From: "Heller, Alon (Nokia - IL/Kfar Sava)" <[hidden email]>
Date: Monday, June 19, 2017 at 8:00 AM
To: Greg Waines <[hidden email]>, "[hidden email]" <[hidden email]>
Cc: "Afek, Ifat (Nokia - IL/Kfar Sava)" <[hidden email]>

Hi Greg,

It looks great,

Let me know if you have a mock to the screen to understand how it will look like,

Thanks,

Alon.

Re: [vitrage-dashboard] Alarm Header Blueprint

Waines, Greg

Yeah I like the idea of displaying 99+ if greater than 100 for any alarm count.

Yes it will be linkable to the Vitrage Alarm List.

Greg.

From: "Heller, Alon (Nokia - IL/Kfar Sava)" <[hidden email]>
Date: Monday, June 19, 2017 at 9:46 AM
To: Greg Waines <[hidden email]>, "[hidden email]" <[hidden email]>
Cc: "Afek, Ifat (Nokia - IL/Kfar Sava)" <[hidden email]>

Nice,

So, if you have more than 99 Criticals, will it shows 100 ? or 99+ ?

Just thinking the IOS way J

Is it linkable to Vitrage alarm list ?

Alon.