vmware vsphere 4.1 support in Compute?

Sateesh Chodapuneedi
Hi Bryan,

OpenStack interfaces directly with ESXi hosts using vSphere API.

Following operations are supported for instances running on ESXi host as compute node.

1)    Instance spawn

2)    Instance terminate

3)    Instance suspend

4)    Instance resume

5)    Instance reboot

Both FLAT as well as VLAN networking models are supported.
Console support for accessing instances is also available.

Hope this helps. Let me know If you are looking for more information on any specific features.

~Regards,
Sateesh

vmware vsphere 4.1 support in Compute?

Bryan Berry
Thanks Sateesh, that is very helpful

Is vCenter integration planned?

Also, is there a preferred hypervisor(s) to use w/ openstack?

I ask as my manager may want a demo in the next couple weeks and i may
choose the path of least resistance for the demo.

On Tue, Jul 12, 2011 at 7:55 AM, Sateesh Chodapuneedi <
sateesh.chodapuneedi at citrix.com> wrote:

> Hi Bryan,****
>
> ** **
>
> OpenStack interfaces directly with ESXi hosts using vSphere API.****
>
> ** **
>
> Following operations are supported for instances running on ESXi host as
> compute node.****
>
> **1)    **Instance spawn****
>
> **2)    **Instance terminate****
>
> **3)    **Instance suspend****
>
> **4)    **Instance resume****
>
> **5)    **Instance reboot****
>
> ** **
>
> Both FLAT as well as VLAN networking models are supported.****
>
> Console support for accessing instances is also available.****
>
> ** **
>
> Hope this helps. Let me know If you are looking for more information on any
> specific features.****
>
> ** **
>
> ~Regards,****
>
> Sateesh****